Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Mr Dawson's lawyer Greg Walsh today told Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court a clairvoyant worked with Mr Thomas in interviewing witnesses for the podcast.

Outside court, Mr Walsh handed the media copies of a photograph showing Mrs Dawson's sister consulting a psychic medium and a detective.

"Anybody using their common sense would say why would police be utilising someone who's using tarot cards," he said.

"It just defies belief."

A peculiar defence. This is the first I've heard about a 'clairvoyant'...

Kind of hard to connect a photo of Lynn's sister with a 'clairvoyant' and then concluding it is a consultation.

Big Stretch, I reckon.

Last edited:
I have heard about a clairvoyant but nothing about one being used by the podcast team or the police.

Wow a very long stretch.
If that is the best his defence has been able to come up with after all this time, then Chris Dawson ought to be preparing to kiss his arse goodbye at some stage soon. It has all the air of desperation and a surprisingly feeble rebuttal to come up with when it has got to this level of the event. .

I remember the clairvoyant bit in the podcast. ;)

I recall that part, the sister etc, but it appears that Walsh, the Defence lawyer, is asserting that Hedley used a clairvoyant. I don't think that is going to fly very far. But this is the job of a defending barrister, anything, everything that can be thrown like sand in the eyes must and should be thrown , and preferably , outside the court on those 'doorstop' occasions, when the press gather. Crumbs to the stream.

What is said in testimony is the main element, it looks to me like a heavy haul to wring any salient testimony out of the 100 yr old person, the prosecutor will make mincemeat out of their memory on a variety of subjects and that's it, goodnight Irene to that witness. It will be done with excrutiating subtlety, I bet.

It still astonishes me that the life of Chris Dawson is written on his face, tough, a chancer, a liar, a cheat, a thief.. .. all this and more, we know this because he lied to his wife, and his girlfriend, his cheating on his wife, and his children, he stole his wife's wedding rings , among so much more that he stole, .. Lynn's entire estate was dropped into his sticky fingers so conveniently in total, no questions asked when she 'disappeared'.

Her home, and her and her father's investment in it, her wages that went towards the upkeep and maintenance of it, and the bills she paid, the clothes she made for them all, the unpaid hours she put in supporting Chris's adventures...

Chris Dawson has been charged with carnal knowledge of a girl between the age of 8 & 14 historic charges.
August 8 has been set.

breaking news on 2gb

The old saying about things going badly , at first it seems slowly, then all at once, very fast..

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”

The dialogue above is from Ernest Hemingway’s 1926 novel, The Sun Also Rises.

The old saying about things going badly , at first it seems slowly, then all at once, very fast..

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”

The dialogue above is from Ernest Hemingway’s 1926 novel, The Sun Also Rises.

Murphy_s_Law_cushion_Green_4_s_11ca080f-a60e-44c7-940e-778cd77257f1_300x300.jpg

At the worst possible moment.

Troops I was about to post a pic of an all girl school assembly and ask you to take your pick but I thought that was a bad idea if you know what I mean.

Logically, Paul Dawson's charge should be hitting the headline very soon. Since they shared conquests, naturally, Paul Dawson would be up for the same charge, I reckon.

That would be a bit of a jolt for Marilyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288