Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is from a 4-page Websleuth’s thread from November 2010 where there was a discussion about the truck. The post by member ‘BeanE’ provides a transcript of a portion of an early audio interview that Kaine and Desiree gave to the Oregonian.

**The audio interview with Kaine and Desiree is approx 26 minutes long and linked below. It’s well worth a listen...it’s been so long ago.

“In the Dateline piece on Kyron on Friday November 12, 2010, there was some new info on the project going to the school Friday morning versus Thursday afternoon.

There's no video or transcript available yet, but from some members recall from the show the child (CL) saying that he saw Terri/Kyron bringing Kyron's project into the school on Friday morning.

Here's some reference info:

Reporter: And the truck is yours and the Mustang is hers. And so she was driving your truck. Why was she driving your truck that day?

Kaine: Um... it was supposedly to pick up his science project. That's what she told me, and that's part of her story that makes no sense.

Reporter: Why would she need the truck to pick up his science... I mean, it's not like this enormous thing, right?

Kaine: Eh... she took it to drop it off too. If, if... Her trunk is relatively small. And it was just (unintelligible because Desiree interrupts and talks over him)... damage...

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah. It wouldn't have fit in the car.

Kaine: It might have fit but there was concern about damage with the diorama and that. With the truck you can put it in the back of the cab, and prop it up nice, and you can put the diorama on the seat and there's no risk of damage.

So she took it in the truck too.

Reporter: So why wouldn't that story make any sense then?

Kaine: um... because she went to take him to drop him off for the science fair and the display... it had to be on display for, until 10 o'clock.

So why would she go drop him off and then leave him there and leave with the truck and not pick up the science project? That makes no sense to me at all... now. Didn't think anything of it at the time.

She, her story was that they had walked through and done the project on Thursday, which I believe they had done.

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah. Correct.

Kaine: They had done their reports on Thursday but it still had to be on display for the science fair.

Desiree: Correct.

Kaine: So she dropped him off, and took, took the truck to drop him off and pick it up, but because it had to stay there, she left without the project, and you know, thinking about it now, it's like, well, why would you need the truck to pick it up if it had to stay there? You pick it up after school.

Reporter: Right. And the project was already up before she took him off to school that morning. I gotcha.

Kaine: Yes. Yes. So, take the truck after school to go pick him up and the project, but why would you go pick up the project at 8:45 before the science fair even starts. Makes no sense.

Desiree: She had...

Reporter: (interrupts) Obviously, it sounds like there's a more sinister motive for her to have this truck.

Desiree: Well, and she had emailed me during that day to let me know she was gonna find out when she could pick up the project so that I could see it.

So she obviously didn't know when she was supposed to pick it up.

Kaine: Yeah. Well, she was pretty concrete that she was picking it up that morning when she was dropping him off. So that's...

Again, you start to get into her story versus what law enforcement has as fact and her story is all over the place.

And law enforcement has different information that's more factual.

But that's what we have from Terri.”

25 minute audio interview with the Oregonian

4:10 - July 2010

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/audio/interview.mp3

Link to WS thread (November 2010) discussion of TMH and the truck: Truck/project on Thursday afternoon Revisit w/new 2010.11.12 Dateline info
I always think her original story to Kaine may have been that even though she had used the truck on the 3rd to bring Kyron's science project to school, she also took the truck on the 4th not only to pick-up Kyron's science project but also because she intended (or pretended she intended) to stay until after the talent show which started at 1:00 pm to see Kyron perform his skit and then bring Kyron, the baby, the science project and herself all home together.

She must have offered some explanation to Kaine for missing the talent show and being home when got home on the 4th.

Did anyone else ever wonder about this?

I never understood why, and still don't, both Kaine and Desiree refuse to discuss the talent show. Well, I suppose maybe law enforcement asked them not to talk about it at the time.

I hope in her new book Desiree can finally shed a little light on this topic.

Here are a couple of old working links that at least mention it:

Friday, June 4

8 a.m.

Skyline Elementary,

11536 N.W. Skyline Blvd.

, opens early so students and parents can tour the science fair. A billboard outside reads: "June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45." Kyron was to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show.

Kyron Horman: Timeline of events since boy's disappearance - oregonlive.com

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.

Still no trace of Kyron Horman as police, FBI conclude third day of search - oregonlive.com

Sorry, I don't want to be a thread hog tonight. I just want to add this last bit to support my above comment a little bit:

From another old link that still works:

Kaine: I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron's science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car, although she did not stay for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported.
Kaine Horman answers KATU's questions

Notice it's Kaine responding to email questions and he doesn't mention the science fair as he explains her reasons for usage of the Ford F150.

It all always come back to Terri borrowed the truck on June 4th, she took Kyron to the school and made her appearance and then he vanished sometime during that time.

Desiree said recently that they (LE) know based on evidence that Terri was there at the school taking Kyron’s picture at 8:45am. After that, she said, they have eyewitnesses who’ve said they saw Terri and Kyron together headed en route to her truck. Also Desiree recently mentioned in an interview, that there was conversation between Desiree, Kaine and Terri about LE finding Kyron’s DNA in the bed of the truck.

For the life of me, I just can’t figure out why they haven't charged her? Is it because they can’t prove that Kyron is actually deceased without first finding his remains? There’s been other cases, where a person has been charged without finding a body, like with Kelsey Berreth. Maybe they have some DNA evidence of Kyron in the bed of the truck but not enough to constitute that a crime actually occurred?

I don’t know the answer, but this case is just so frustrating and sad and there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about it. I just want Kyron to come home and justice to be served.

JMO

It all always come back to Terri borrowed the truck on June 4th, she took Kyron to the school and made her appearance and then he vanished sometime during that time.

Desiree said recently that they (LE) know based on evidence that Terri was there at the school taking Kyron’s picture at 8:45am. After that, she said, they have eyewitnesses who’ve said they saw Terri and Kyron together headed en route to her truck. Also Desiree recently mentioned in an interview, that there was conversation between Desiree, Kaine and Terri about LE finding Kyron’s DNA in the bed of the truck.

For the life of me, I just can’t figure out why they haven't charged her? Is it because they can’t prove that Kyron is actually deceased without first finding his remains? There’s been other cases, where a person has been charged without finding a body, like with Kelsey Berreth. Maybe they have some DNA evidence of Kyron in the bed of the truck but not enough to constitute that a crime actually occurred?

I don’t know the answer, but this case is just so frustrating and sad and there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about it. I just want Kyron to come home and justice to be served.

JMO
And to me Desiree's recent mention of the now iconic picture of Kyron in front of his science project being confirmed to have been taken at 8:45 is important. That means Kyron was already in his homeroom classroom when the 8:45 am bell went off.

So, that would make all Horman's stories about last seeing Kyron walking down the hallway to his classroom after the 8:45 am bell went off lies. Pure and simple--all lies. And they know it and have had evidence proof to backup their knowledge all along.

And to me Desiree's recent mention of the now iconic picture of Kyron in front of his science project being confirmed to have been taken at 8:45 is important. That means Kyron was already in his homeroom classroom when the 8:45 am bell went off.

So, that would make all Horman's stories about last seeing Kyron walking down the hallway to his classroom after the 8:45 am bell went off lies. Pure and simple--all lies. And they know it and have had evidence proof to backup their knowledge all along.

Excellent point about LE most likely knowing the photo was taken at 8:45am all along and everything she spun after that point in time that morning was just a fabrication of lies.

Still Missing: Where is 7-Year-Old Kyron?

Ok. So another question. In the Dr. Phil link, there's a part where DY says “In the year before Kyron went missing, we started seeing a lot of behavior that indicated something was wrong,” Desiree says. She explains that Kyron had started wetting the bed and would become very upset when he had to go back to his father’s house.
So...with regards to molestation cases, could J have been involved and that's why TMH "kicked" him out and to protect J, she did something to Kyron?? Still doesn't help figure out where he is but it might explain more motive that just wanting to be a family of three and why she couldn't just turn him back over to DY.

Not sure if the bed-wetting ever got walked back (I thought I saw mention of it not happening in earlier threads but not sure who, family-wise, would have denied it). Did LE ever talk to J??

**EDIT: I think I messed up the timeline for J--sounds like he left after everything happened. Ughhhh....thought I might have stumbled onto something.

Last edited:
This post is from a 4-page Websleuth’s thread from November 2010 where there was a discussion about the truck. The post by member ‘BeanE’ provides a transcript of a portion of an early audio interview that Kaine and Desiree gave to the Oregonian.

**The audio interview with Kaine and Desiree is approx 26 minutes long and linked below. It’s well worth a listen...it’s been so long ago.

“In the Dateline piece on Kyron on Friday November 12, 2010, there was some new info on the project going to the school Friday morning versus Thursday afternoon.

There's no video or transcript available yet, but from some members recall from the show the child (CL) saying that he saw Terri/Kyron bringing Kyron's project into the school on Friday morning.

Here's some reference info:

Reporter: And the truck is yours and the Mustang is hers. And so she was driving your truck. Why was she driving your truck that day?

Kaine: Um... it was supposedly to pick up his science project. That's what she told me, and that's part of her story that makes no sense.

Reporter: Why would she need the truck to pick up his science... I mean, it's not like this enormous thing, right?

Kaine: Eh... she took it to drop it off too. If, if... Her trunk is relatively small. And it was just (unintelligible because Desiree interrupts and talks over him)... damage...

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah. It wouldn't have fit in the car.

Kaine: It might have fit but there was concern about damage with the diorama and that. With the truck you can put it in the back of the cab, and prop it up nice, and you can put the diorama on the seat and there's no risk of damage.

So she took it in the truck too.

Reporter: So why wouldn't that story make any sense then?

Kaine: um... because she went to take him to drop him off for the science fair and the display... it had to be on display for, until 10 o'clock.

So why would she go drop him off and then leave him there and leave with the truck and not pick up the science project? That makes no sense to me at all... now. Didn't think anything of it at the time.

She, her story was that they had walked through and done the project on Thursday, which I believe they had done.

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah. Correct.

Kaine: They had done their reports on Thursday but it still had to be on display for the science fair.

Desiree: Correct.

Kaine: So she dropped him off, and took, took the truck to drop him off and pick it up, but because it had to stay there, she left without the project, and you know, thinking about it now, it's like, well, why would you need the truck to pick it up if it had to stay there? You pick it up after school.

Reporter: Right. And the project was already up before she took him off to school that morning. I gotcha.

Kaine: Yes. Yes. So, take the truck after school to go pick him up and the project, but why would you go pick up the project at 8:45 before the science fair even starts. Makes no sense.

Desiree: She had...

Reporter: (interrupts) Obviously, it sounds like there's a more sinister motive for her to have this truck.

Desiree: Well, and she had emailed me during that day to let me know she was gonna find out when she could pick up the project so that I could see it.

So she obviously didn't know when she was supposed to pick it up.

Kaine: Yeah. Well, she was pretty concrete that she was picking it up that morning when she was dropping him off. So that's...

Again, you start to get into her story versus what law enforcement has as fact and her story is all over the place.

And law enforcement has different information that's more factual.

But that's what we have from Terri.”

25 minute audio interview with the Oregonian

4:10 - July 2010

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/audio/interview.mp3

Link to WS thread (November 2010) discussion of TMH and the truck: Truck/project on Thursday afternoon Revisit w/new 2010.11.12 Dateline info

Thanks, OSU! Going to go back and read/listen to this!

Ok. So another question. In the Dr. Phil link, there's a part where DY says “In the year before Kyron went missing, we started seeing a lot of behavior that indicated something was wrong,” Desiree says. She explains that Kyron had started wetting the bed and would become very upset when he had to go back to his father’s house.
So...with regards to molestation cases, could J have been involved and that's why TMH "kicked" him out and to protect J, she did something to Kyron?? Still doesn't help figure out where he is but it might explain more motive that just wanting to be a family of three and why she couldn't just turn him back over to DY.

Not sure if the bed-wetting ever got walked back (I thought I saw mention of it not happening in earlier threads but not sure who, family-wise, would have denied it). Did LE ever talk to J??

I’ve thought about the bed wetting but just attributed it to Kyron being very stressed at home and afraid of Terri?

The photos of Kyron that were posted on Terri’s FB always showed him wearing those long oversized tee shorts that hung way down past his bottom. Was this because he had a wetting problem?

And I’ve thought about James and wondered if Terri kicking him out had something to do with Kyron and if Kyron was being punished for it?

From what I’ve read, James has never been interviewed by LE and to this day he still supports his mother.

JMO

JMO

(BBM) My guess, they have SOME evidence but not enough to meet the threshold of probability of conviction. Kyron's DNA wouldn't necessarily be out of place in the truck. Maybe some HRD dogs triggered on something, but they weren't able to pull anything forensically. And maybe, like many of us, they assumed she slipped up somewhere or WOULD slip up somewhere at some point in the future, and they would have more evidence, and it just hasn't happened yet.

I've always thought Terri was torturing him somehow.
Did he tell Desiree what was going on?
Did he tell Kaine what was going on?

(BBM) My guess, they have SOME evidence but not enough to meet the threshold of probability of conviction. Kyron's DNA wouldn't necessarily be out of place in the truck. Maybe some HRD dogs triggered on something, but they weren't able to pull anything forensically. And maybe, like many of us, they assumed she slipped up somewhere or WOULD slip up somewhere at some point in the future, and they would have more evidence, and it just hasn't happened yet.
They have enough to know Terri is the perp because they have named her their POI, almost from the get go. I think they just don't have enough for a sure conviction to take it to trial. I'm not sure if they ever will. But she will screw up somewhere else and still serve some time at some point. She won't be able to help herself. It's that evil mind that's going to get her imprisoned.

I've always thought Terri was torturing him somehow.
Did he tell Desiree what was going on?
Did he tell Kaine what was going on?

My guess is if something was going on, he was likely threatened to not to whisper a word of it to anyone.

IIRC, Kyron was supposed to go to Medford that evening (June 4th) after school to spend the weekend with his mom and Tony. Tony and Kyron were to go fishing together the next day (Saturday) and maybe Terri was afraid Kyron would say something to Tony when they were alone fishing together?

JMO

My guess is if something was going on, he was likely threatened to not to whisper a word of it to anyone.

IIRC, Kyron was supposed to go to Medford that evening (June 4th) after school to spend the weekend with his mom and Tony. Tony and Kyron were to go fishing together the next day (Saturday) and maybe Terri was afraid Kyron would say something to Tony when they were alone fishing together?

JMO
I have thought this was planned out longer than that.
Or maybe this was just the time she decided to act on her plan.
I've also thought since she tried to hire her gardener to murder Kaine, she probably also found someone to do something to Kyron. That's how her mind thinks imo.

Here is a partial transcript I did from an old YouTube video with Kaine and Desiree giving an interview.

I'll include the link knowing the whole video will insert, but maybe some people will prefer to hear it for themselves.

Beginning transcript at about 11:21:

Reporter: A couple of last things—did the science project ever come home?

Kaine: No.

Reporter: It never came home?

Kaine: No, I don’t think so.

Desiree: No. I don’t think it can. It’s part of the investigation.

Reporter: No, I mean—she took the truck that day because she wanted to transport the science project.

Kaine: No, it never came home.

Reporter: That never came home. Did his backpack and coat ever come home?

Kaine: When we picked it up from the school.

Reporter:
Okay. So, that remained at the school?

Kaine: Yep, that was at school.

Thank you for sharing that early interview with Kaine and Desiree. I don’t ever recall seeing it (or maybe I just forgot?) but it was very informative.

IIRC, the info about the tote wasn’t reported in the news. It was a detail that was noticed and reported to MCSO during the beginning of this case.

In a few photos, the large, blue Rubbermaid tote was shown on the Horman front porch. It was mentioned (by TMH) that the tote was used at the Horman home and kept on the front porch for recycling. The photos of the tote were posted on TMH’s Facebook wall. After Kyron went missing, the tote was no longer on the porch or around the home. Someone close to the case said that the tote was missing from the home.

It is my theory and opinion only what the tote was used for that day, but I believe it was used to transport the large science project to the school since it was raining that morning and due to the truck already being already full with 4 passengers and a baby car seat. After that, it’s anyone's guess.

The photos of the tote were posted on TMH’s Facebook on May 27, 2010, eight days before Kyron went missing.
https://www.facebook.com/terri.horman

This is my opinion only.

ETA: Photo #1 was cropped (by me) to edit out child’s face.
The minute you said it was on the front porch and had recycling in it I remembered the picture on her page. Amazed it's still up. Thanks for the link and the reminder.

I’ve thought about the bed wetting but just attributed it to Kyron being very stressed at home and afraid of Terri?

The photos of Kyron that were posted on Terri’s FB always showed him wearing those long oversized tee shorts that hung way down past his bottom. Was this because he had a wetting problem?

And I’ve thought about James and wondered if Terri kicking him out had something to do with Kyron and if Kyron was being punished for it?

From what I’ve read, James has never been interviewed by LE and to this day he still supports his mother.

JMO
I have to go back and research. I remember the circumstances when James was sent to live with his Dad were odd. I too thought she may have been protecting him from something that happened in the home. Remember, Terri tried to get Desiree to take Kyron but Kaine refused to allow it.

I recall that when James was sent away. Kaine was out of town and Terri did it sort of without his knowledge. Anyone else recall more details?

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household.

Throughout the two-and-a-half month search for Kyron, his older stepbrother, James Moulton, has stayed out of the spotlight. In March, James went to live in Roseburg, but the reason why depends on who is asked.

It seems his mother, Terri Horman, has told different people different things and sources say it has added to the confusion.

One version - in Horman's own words - was recently forwarded to KATU News.

"I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D's to straight A's within one month of being away from Kaine," she wrote in an April 6 e-mail.

That's consistent with what James' father, Ron Tarver, told Willamette Week, adding the 16-year-old had been acting out and butting heads with his stepfather. But Kaine Horman told The Oregonian their relationship was typical and that Terri and her son were the ones who didn't get along. Kaine said he was often the mitigator between the two of them.

But that's not what Terri's friend from 24-Hour Fitness, who testified before the grand jury Monday, said they heard. In the weeks before Kyron disappeared, that person said Terri was upset, telling the friend her husband forced her son to move out.

Terri Horman e-mail provides insight into family tensions

Although the couple fought, they did so in private. James said he only heard his mother and Kaine fight once in eight years. He described Kaine as calm but strict. "If you didn't follow the rules, you'd get in trouble," James said.

James said he had to mow the lawn, take the trash down the quarter-mile driveway and help his mom wash the dishes.

He was also a voracious reader, spending more than 16 hours a week absorbed in books, he said. But he wasn't a good student. He said he often cut classes at Lincoln High to browse Powell's Books.

"School was boring," he said.

In February, Terri sent James to Roseburg to live with his maternal grandparents.

"I was on a business trip when she made that decision," Kaine said. "She called me on my first day (in California) and said they had gotten into a fight. She couldn't handle it anymore. She was going to call his dad to talk about other options."

Kaine said he didn't want James to move out, but it wasn't his decision.

James, who flashes an easy grin and trades quips with his stepmother, Angela Rockwood, said he took the move in stride.

"It didn't bother me," he said. "Me and my mom moved around a lot, and I came down in summers anyway."

He appears to be thriving, winning a red ribbon for halter training a horse in 4-H and enjoying activities with the Boy Scouts.

James was camping with his dad when Kyron disappeared. He said the family was devastated.

"I've never seen Kaine cry until Kyron went missing," James said, adding that his mother was hysterical.
Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions - oregonlive.com

And there is the following information in the quotes below which could be considered when looking for motive, too.

I believe the emails exist, but whether TMH was lying in them or not--is something I just can't decide on. However, I do believe their marriage was failing and she was desperate to keep custody of her baby daughter and older son.

I think that's the real reason she sent her son away--far away from Kaine's control. She had changed his last name back to Moulton in February or March of 2010, iirc.

He was 16 at the time, and, again, iirc, his step-father (TMH's 2nd husband) who had legally adopted him when he was a toddler, had just finished paying child support payments.

But a 16-year-old son would certainly be aware of their mother drinking to excess as alleged by Kaine, and passing out on the couch several times a week. And if things got testy during divorce proceedings, maybe the courts would have talked to him--had he been living in the household.

Just sharing some of the things I ponder.

Quote:
Young said Terri Horman put everything in writing, including saying that she and Kaine Horman had been up arguing until 3 a.m., hours before Kyron disappeared. Young said Terri Horman wrote that her marriage to Kaine Horman was over and that she planned to return to Roseburg the day the boy vanished.
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2013/09/kyrons_parents_desiree_young_k.

Quote: On Friday, police showed Young e-mails Terri had sent to friends describing her marriage to Kaine and her feelings about Kyron.

Young said the emails reveal "a severe hatred for Kyron."

"She blames a lot of the marital problems between Kaine and herself on Kyron. It was a huge point of contention in their marriage and she had expressed in great detail her hatred for Kyron," Young said. "I now believe, without a shadow of a doubt that not only is she capable of hurting Kyron, that it's clear that she could have hurt him in the worst possible way."

Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, appears solo on Today Show saying Terri Horman had 'severe hatred for Kyron' - oregonlive.com

I have to go back and research. I remember the circumstances when James was sent to live with his Dad were odd. I too thought she may have been protecting him from something that happened in the home. Remember, Terri tried to get Desiree to take Kyron but Kaine refused to allow it.

I recall that when James was sent away. Kaine was out of town and Terri did it sort of without his knowledge. Anyone else recall more details?

IIRC, Kaine was in California on a business trip when Terri sent James to live with his father. I think she had blamed Kaine, saying Kaine was the one who wanted James to move out, but then Kaine later said that it was actually Terri who sent him to his fathers.
Kaine says he had no issues with James, that they got along well but he said that there was conflict between Terri and James.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member