Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:

IT IS A VIOLATION OF WEBSLEUTHS TERMS OF SERVICE TO ENGAGE IN THESE ACTIONS WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED:
  • DISCUSSION OF PSYCHIC INFORMATION OF ANY KIND.
  • SLEUTHING ANYONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN NAMED AS A PERSON OF INTEREST OR SUSPECT IN THIS CASE. THIS INCLUDES FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND RANDOM MEMBERS/COMMENTERS ON THE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK SEARCH PAGE.
MANY POSTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED BECAUSE THEY WERE IN VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE RULES. PLEASE REFER TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE BEFORE POSTING. PLEASE ALERT US TO ANY POSTS THAT CONTINUE TO BE IN VIOLATION. AND PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE AND/OR REPLY TO SUCH POSTS OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE REMOVED ALSO.

THANK YOU FOR DOING YOUR BEST TO FOLLOW WEBSLEUTHS RULES SO THAT THE DISCUSSION ON THIS CASE CAN CONTINUE.

CocoChanel

MOD NOTE:

IT IS A VIOLATION OF WEBSLEUTHS TERMS OF SERVICE TO ENGAGE IN THESE ACTIONS WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED:
  • DISCUSSION OF PSYCHIC INFORMATION OF ANY KIND.
  • SLEUTHING ANYONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN NAMED AS A PERSON OF INTEREST OR SUSPECT IN THIS CASE. THIS INCLUDES FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND RANDOM MEMBERS/COMMENTERS ON THE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK SEARCH PAGE.
MANY POSTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED BECAUSE THEY WERE IN VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE RULES. PLEASE REFER TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE BEFORE POSTING. PLEASE ALERT US TO ANY POSTS THAT CONTINUE TO BE IN VIOLATION. AND PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE AND/OR REPLY TO SUCH POSTS OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE REMOVED ALSO.

THANK YOU FOR DOING YOUR BEST TO FOLLOW WEBSLEUTHS RULES SO THAT THE DISCUSSION ON THIS CASE CAN CONTINUE.

CocoChanel
Well, you can' miss that. :)

So. The picture in which Theo was featured with a female backpacker, does anyone know if there was a romantic connection?

I don't believe so. I think it is his cousin.

She looks a lot sadder and very drawn at the moment (at the presser). Not the happy girl in that photo. But I think it is her.

Last edited:
This is desperately sad I keep checking in multiple times a day to see if there is any news about Theo. My thoughts and prayers are with Theo and his family. Thank you for all your posts and updates they are much appreciated.

So. The picture in which Theo was featured with a female backpacker, does anyone know if there was a romantic connection?
I don't believe so. I think it is his cousin.

She looks a lot sadder and very drawn at the moment (at the presser). Not the happy girl in that photo. But I think it is her.[/QUOT]
So his sexual orientation is unknown?

It is worth looking at his own FB page .. which we can look at, with Theo being a potential victim, but can't discuss comments.
Looks like a very typical young guy to me, in love a couple of years ago with a beautiful young lady.

i see on theos fb page hes selling a bike, a person has commented that she enquired about the bike after he was reported missing and he (or someone) acknowledged her query, she has posted a screenshot and told police.

apologies if this isnt allowed, just seems important if true

Last edited:
Does Wake Up have its own CCTV? I'm wondering if the reason the key card wasn't used was because the door was open (either left by accident, another person he was sharing with-if he was sharing--opened it)..

It seems he was intending to head home, and sent messages long after he'd be expected home (perhaps he got home, sent the messages, possibly slept for a bit... Got up and made the bed and then headed back out for sunrise)... Perhaps with someone who had transport (meaning no Cctv of him walking anywhere) or perhaps along the beach.

Is the beach particularly rocky? To the point that someone could slip and bump their head, then be taken by the tide? Does the high tide cut off access along the beach - which might mean someone already on the beach might try to pass between waves/through water that was initially shallow, and then got knocked over by a wave and dragged out by the current before dawn... Assuming the phone was waterproof as someone suggested earlier, perhaps henwas taken by the currents around the direction of the lighthouse and it took time for the phone to become waterlogged enough to lose power and cease working.

Is anyone familiar with determining then water current on particular days? Or is anyone familiar with that beach?

I’m sorry I have deleted my post we are not allowed to discuss Facebook comments. Only official Facebook pages to find missing people are allowed and we are still not permitted to discuss the comments.
I'm still learning

Given that his phone pinged around 1.40pm sunday....he would have needed to charge his phone somewhere....
Wonder where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member