at Winchester
Daily List for Friday 21 June 2019 at THE LAW COURTS,WINCHESTER

Court 2
- sitting at 09:30 am

THE HONOURABLE MRS JUSTICE MAY DBE

Trial (Part Heard)

T20187146

Order made under s45, YJCEA 1999 - defendant not required

Some more details about the diaries and letters at the link.

Lucy had also written a letter stating: “To Stephen, I need a break from whatever we are because I am not in the right mind for what we are now. You are a complete *advertiser censored* unless we are having sex.”

Mr Mousley said the diary described Lucy and the defendant making arrangements for them to meet in each other’s rooms for sexual encounters and the pair had sent naked photos to each other.

And he said that Lucy had told friends that she was pregnant but she later said that she had been referring to her mother being pregnant.

Man murdered 13-year-old Lucy after hearing she was pregnant, court told

He had a bedroom opposite Lucy's. It was clear to family members and visitors there were problems between Nicholson and Lucy which led to arguments which were getting worse in the lead up to her death.
As a response, one or the other would then stay away from the home. To those who witnessed this, they saw the cause being the behaviour of Lucy towards Nicholson.

I find that very sad, that Lucy had to stay away from her home - she was the child and deserved to be protected.

Care worker, 25, 'murdered his landlady's daughter, 13' by stabbing in the neck' | Daily Mail Online

Thank you for the updates.

Well, this is all quite grubby and has done nothing to dispel me of the notion that large parts of Southampton are grimy and unpleasant. Millbrook for the best part is a massive housing estate and I have had the honour of having stones thrown at me as I walked to my car after work at Southampton General Hospital.

The details are shocking but, in a way, not surprising.

He had a bedroom opposite Lucy's. It was clear to family members and visitors there were problems between Nicholson and Lucy which led to arguments which were getting worse in the lead up to her death.
As a response, one or the other would then stay away from the home. To those who witnessed this, they saw the cause being the behaviour of Lucy towards Nicholson.

I find that very sad, that Lucy had to stay away from her home - she was the child and deserved to be protected.

Care worker, 25, 'murdered his landlady's daughter, 13' by stabbing in the neck' | Daily Mail Online

Very sad indeed..

:(

I'm stumped that her mom and stepfather didn't notice what was going on for over a year. How is that possible? Not trying to blame them, just confused.

Me too. I only have one teenager and a tween -- and the changes in mood are like subtitles to a film/show. Strops, sulks, medical appointments, hushed whispering, night noises, staying away from home, gossip with girlfriends -- seems really odd that no one else in the house picked up on this, if only to identify SN as a source of tension and get him out of there.

What a sin. It’s hard to read as the reporting is like we are talking candidly about a man and woman having a legitimate relationship. She was a baby - 12 when this started (maybe earlier) and he’s a fully grown man. Just disgusting. Poor Lucy. Sorry but I am sure parts of Southampton are very rough, but honestly this could happen anywhere with *advertiser censored* parents too busy with their own life to notice their child. Lucy clearly craved attention.

A few additional snippets from yesterday -

"Lucy was stabbed 11 times through her clothing when she was "at a very low level" but had not been sexually assaulted, Mr Mousley said.

Later that day, the defendant burnt his trainers in a bonfire at his mother's house, it was claimed.

...police found bloodstained clothing near Tanner's Brook, a mile from where Lucy died, the court heard.

Mobile phone data also showed the defendant near the brook on the day of the murder, prosecutors said."

Girl, 13, 'murdered after pregnancy claim'

(Must mean today) -

"Yesterday, the 12 jurors along with the judge and barristers from the trial at Winchester Crown Court were taken by coach to see the houses where Nicholson and Lucy lived in Mansel Road East.

They were then driven along the route taken by Lucy as she walked to the outdoor sports centre on the morning of July 25.

Her body was found by a dog walker in an area of woodland near to the dry ski slope the following day.

The jurors were also taken to another nearby area of woodland at Tanner’s Brook where discarded clothing was found in the days after the murder."

Jury in murder trial visit site where Lucy McHugh's body was found

The Crown Court

at Winchester

Daily List for Monday 24 June 2019 at THE LAW COURTS,WINCHESTER

Court 2
- sitting at 10:30 am

THE HONOURABLE MRS JUSTICE MAY DBE

Trial (Part Heard)

T20187146

Order made under s45, YJCEA 1999

Staff online

Members online