Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't near the cemetery. It is about 800 feet from it as the crow flies.

To allow you (and others) to maybe get a better perspective of what the area there looks like the following link will take you to a map of the bridge area on IndianaMap.org (not easy to use) where there are all kinds of GIS and data sets available. The two I have set up are the best available imagery (2011) and the LIDAR view of the same area. On the left of the map there the active layers should be shown. The layer I have on top is the Imagery Layer. To see the LIDAR layer (to see what the terrain looks like without the trees in the way) click on the up arrow to the right of the LIDAR layer. To toggle between the two of these layers just hit the up arrow next to the 2nd layer listed.

IndianaMAP

What is 800feet from the cemetery?

I didn't say near I said nearer. When looking at the heli video the flashes I see are to the left of the police helicopter near the creek, nowhere near the white thing, which is to the right of the police helicopter and it therefore appeared to me to be nearer to the cemetery (the evergreen trees) than to the creek.

I may be misinterpreting what I see though I admit so MOO.

Looks like from the most southern part of the cemetery to the waters edge is approximately 700 feet.

From the photo posted earlier by Jethro you can see how close the water is to the crime scene. Maybe 100 feet in my estimation. It looks to me (my own opinion) that those flashes seen in the copter footage are at the staging area for LE vehicles at the very rear (southern part) of the cemetery. That still picture of Jethro's with the crime tape is so much closer to the water than it is to the cemetery.
whereithinkbodieswere-png.189703
Where did you see flashes? To the right or left of the helicopter?

Where did you see flashes? To the right or left of the helicopter?
I just tried to watch it again but keeps buffering for me but what I can remember from viewing it last night it was somewhere around the 17:30 mark as the other helicopter comes into view. Several fast flashes were seen to the top left of the footage. Hope that helps..

I just tried to watch it again but keeps buffering for me but what I can remember from viewing it last night it was somewhere around the 17:30 mark as the other helicopter comes into view. Several fast flashes were seen to the top left of the footage. Hope that helps..

MOO they would take pictures of all evidence. Foot prints, cell phone, shoes, disturbed leaf litter. MOO I don't think camera flash alone could confirm CS location.

Brothers or cousins perhaps? Father and son? Two people should in theory be easier to catch but they could be each others alibis too.

But doesn't the article read as though the first guy has been cleared? Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're saying and how you're getting to the possibility that they may be related and, I assume, both involved.

(edit) Or I misunderstood what LE meant in the article. Both good possibilities!

Yep they were the ones I saw then. Thanx. There is then a bit that goes blank and the video resumes much closer to the police heli and the white thing and red thing are visible on the right hand side of the heli with also a blue container looking thing up in top right which appears to match a similar blue thing at the rear SE corner of the cemetery at a later point in the video. That's what I see.

Also close to the blue thing, I see the evergreen trees also in the cemetery.

Looks like from the most southern part of the cemetery to the waters edge is approximately 700 feet.

From the photo posted earlier by Jethro you can see how close the water is to the crime scene. Maybe 100 feet in my estimation. It looks to me (my own opinion) that those flashes seen in the copter footage are at the staging area for LE vehicles at the very rear (southern part) of the cemetery. That still picture of Jethro's with the crime tape is so much closer to the water than it is to the cemetery.
whereithinkbodieswere-png.189703
Look at the narrow trail the man is standing on, going up towards the Cemetary....moo

But doesn't the article read as though the first guy has been cleared? Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're saying and how you're getting to the possibility that they may be related and, I assume, both involved.

(edit) Or I misunderstood what LE meant in the article. Both good possibilities!

Example scenarion:

Older one may be cleared because of alibi from younger one. Then LE check their sketches from beginning of case and pull out the young sketch which could look like the alibi guy. They put this sketch out there and sit back and wait for some confirmation thru tips.
JMO.

Thank you for the lovely blessing. I learn from all of you and just run it through the Roses-matic processor;)

Storage=“safe keeping” what, what????

Amateur opinion and speculation
Okay, "Rosematic processor:D" feedback on this scenario, please? Person/contractor/vendor at the storage site....where he stores his "kit." (Keeps his secret life hidden from significant other.) Sees the girls being dropped off and decides this is his opportunity. Begins his "stalk/chase"....with jacket filled? Maybe his storage space is adequate to also hide a get-away vehicle?
Frankly, with such a tight time-frame and numerous witnesses, in broad daylight...how can there not be a resolution? So, I am thinking the perp did not stand out, because "it appeared" he was going about his normal course of business and dressed appropriately for his line of work?
bbm, and comments in red. Horrible night...not able to stop thinking about this monster. He was taking the girls to a secondary location, "Guys, down the hill..." and then to where?? The location of the storage units...so close,
24 hour access and TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED... what, what??? Anybody else thinking about another recent sicko who kidnapped and kept women hidden?

Last edited:
MOO they would take pictures of all evidence. Foot prints, cell phone, shoes, disturbed leaf litter. MOO I don't think camera flash alone could confirm CS location.

I agree but I saw the flashes at roughly where i expected the girls would have been, based on the 50 feet from creek scenario. The CS itself was large, at least from the creek to the cemetery. I do think LE made a bit of a mistake congregating in the cemetery and then that ended up being a crime scene. Makes me wonder a bit if perp has experience of EMS/LE or is ex LE. I believe the cemetery was the starting point for the search on the Tuesday IMO.

I betcha that cell phone stayed home the whole time for BG.....moo
I tend to agree. And it could’ve been part of his plan so he wouldn’t be traced to the crime scene. Which is why I do wonder about the possibility that LE ruled out this POI in the beginning bc their cell was somewhere else, but something now leads them to believe he wasn’t with his cell phone. Maybe.

"Rent today;We give you 24 hour access;We have Climate controlled units available;You can ...yada,yada
****What Is Climate-Controlled Storage? When a storage facility offers storage units with climate control, this means that the unit maintains a storage environment between the temperatures of 55 and 80 degrees at all times of the year.****
Maybe the perp watches a lot of "crime shows" and is following his compulsion...I know this has been a recurrent theme on a lot of those crime shows in the last 5 years. (Probably why I quit watching most of them....but just can't shake my crush on Harmon.;))
Please, please realize....I am just trying to think in a "new direction".... or maybe the direction that should not have been over-looked??

I agree but I saw the flashes at roughly where i expected the girls would have been, based on the 50 feet from creek scenario. The CS itself was large, at least from the creek to the cemetery. I do think LE made a bit of a mistake congregating in the cemetery and then that ended up being a crime scene. Makes me wonder a bit if perp has experience of EMS/LE or is ex LE. I believe the cemetery was the starting point for the search on the Tuesday IMO.

Media helicopters are often asked to respect a no-fly zone directly viewing a location of a body recovery sight.

Notice where the RTV6 (IndyChannel) re-helicopter - indicates the location was (it’s the blue flag to the right and left flag is where the bridge crosses the creek)? Not near the lower bend in the creek at all, but much further east and quite a distance from the end of the bridge and the cemetery, close to the crossroads of N575W.

What’s becomes murky in this case is I don’t think we always can be sure of what we think we know because LE have confirmed little or nothing about the body discoveries. The entire area beyond the end of the bridge was all considered a crime scene as all roads and entrances were blocked off. Police tape erected within a large outdoor area can also be used to protect a smaller area within for forensic experts to collect evidence including such things as discarded cigarette butts, dropped items, footprints etc. For example, reportedly there was crime scene tape erected at the end of the bridge but we know the bodies were not discovered there.

upload_2019-6-20_10-57-8.png
MAP: Where the two bodies were found near Delphi

Last edited:
I tend to agree. And it could’ve been part of his plan so he wouldn’t be traced to the crime scene. Which is why I do wonder about the possibility that LE ruled out this POI in the beginning bc their cell was somewhere else, but something now leads them to believe he wasn’t with his cell phone. Maybe.
But if they had ruled him out previously, wouldn't they know who he is? LE wouldn't have to ask the public to identify him. Which makes me wonder why they didn't ask the public's help to find the younger guy early on in the investigation. Did they think it was someone else and now realize it wasn't? Seems like LE made a big mistake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member