Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so much to unpack at this late date. Did you watch all of the trial testimony? That may help answer some of your questions if you have not.

Personally, imo, he had a myriad of motives although financial greed/gain is certainly one of them, but not all of his depraved diabolical motives.

As for him having no violent criminal past actually is not an indicator of anything for him or any murderer. Many horrid murderers didn't even have as much as a traffic ticket before they committed the ultimate violent acts of brutal overkill homicides.

However many mass murderers like CM do have a criminal past much like he has done.

All of his prior crimes shows he had no qualms in victimizing others for his own financial greed.

Joey was CMs biggest cash cow so he had more secrets to hide, and the need to victimize him even more so than all of his other victims.

He felt by murdering Joey, and his family it would hide, and erase all of his illegal criminal activities, and hide he owed Joey over 42k he never planned to pay back.

Imo, he brutally raped Summer due to his abnormal hatred for her, and knowing he couldn't fool her.

Jmho

I had to quote this wonderful post as you hit the nail on the head with the 42k he owed Joey as well. That alone is enough to drive some people to murder. He had zero way of paying it back once Joey sacked him.

Last edited:
What do CM's kids think?

Why would JM have been making a lot of money and CM wasn't? They worked for the same company right?

Chase was making a crazy amount of money, he chose to gamble it away and Joey didn't.

IMO I think Chase panicked because it was the beginning of the month and his live in girlfriend/baby mama was probably bugging him for the rent money. Which he didn't have and Joey was tired of his leaching and wouldn't bail him out again. Therefore he forged his first check. He thought he was entitled. Disgusting IMO

I am confused to why he is going over the case again?

He has been found guilty so why is he going over stuff that says he didn’t do this?

I assumed this would just be about his character not
about saying that there is zero proof and not a single piece of evidence.

Retrying the case, insulting the jury? Not a good strategy imho.

I just rejoined Websleuths. I was here throughout the Arias trials, but life took me away, and when I tried to reactivate my account they couldn't find me so I created a new identity. Glad to be back!

We will never know the conversations that Joey and Summer had about CM, imo she had been warning joey for a while about him and likely suspected he was up to no good for a while, if she was a good judge of character she could have had just a ‘feeling’ from the first time she met him which would explain CM’s absolute hatred of Summer. Sadly we will never know exactly what Joey and Summer had discussed and not shared with anyone because CM murdered them all to ensure no one could talk. I can’t fathom another reason as to why he would kill the two little boys other than to ensure he left no witnesses. Joey had the money and he just downright hated Summer because she knew there was ‘something’ about him.
It’s ironic that he thought his actions would help keep his secrets yet now he has been exposed to the world as a thieving, frauding, baby murdering monster who killed his own ‘best friend’. Death row or LWOP no ones ever going to want to be his friend, look how his last one ended up.

Retrying the case, insulting the jury? Not a good strategy imho.

I just rejoined Websleuths. I was here throughout the Arias trials, but life took me away, and when I tried to reactivate my account they couldn't find me so I created a new identity. Glad to be back!
Hey, Shiloh, glad to see ya back, my fellow Arias watcher!:)

He committed

Murder for financial gain
Murder in the commission of a felony- rape, kidnap, firearm
Murder of children under 5
Murder of multiple people
Murder particularly cruel and heinous

If there ever was a case that deserved the death penalty. He ticks every box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998