Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, Kaine was in California on a business trip when Terri sent James to live with his father. I think she had blamed Kaine, saying Kaine was the one who wanted James to move out, but then Kaine later said that it was actually Terri who sent him to his fathers.
Kaine says he had no issues with James, that they got along well but he said that there was conflict between Terri and James.

JMO
He was lucky to get out of there.
I wonder if having him move out factors into her abusing Kyron. One less witness or protector of him.

KATU article published August 12th 2010

BBM

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household.

Throughout the two-and-a-half month search for Kyron, his older stepbrother, James Moulton, has stayed out of the spotlight. In March, James went to live in Roseburg, but the reason why depends on who is asked.

It seems his mother, Terri Horman, has told different people different things and sources say it has added to the confusion.

One version - in Horman's own words - was recently forwarded to KATU News.

"I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D's to straight A's within one month of being away from Kaine," she wrote in an April 6 e-mail.

That's consistent with what James' father, Ron Tarver, told Willamette Week, adding the 16-year-old had been acting out and butting heads with his stepfather. But Kaine Horman told The Oregonian their relationship was typical and that Terri and her son were the ones who didn't get along. Kaine said he was often the mitigator between the two of them.

But that's not what Terri's friend from 24-Hour Fitness, who testified before the grand jury Monday, said they heard. In the weeks before Kyron disappeared, that person said Terri was upset, telling the friend her husband forced her son to move out.

~snipped
More at link
Terri Horman e-mail provides insight into family tensions

BBM

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household.

Throughout the two-and-a-half month search for Kyron, his older stepbrother, James Moulton, has stayed out of the spotlight. In March, James went to live in Roseburg, but the reason why depends on who is asked.

It seems his mother, Terri Horman, has told different people different things and sources say it has added to the confusion.

"I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D's to straight A's within one month of being away from Kaine," she wrote in an April 6 e-mail.

That's consistent with what James' father, Ron Tarver, told Willamette Week, adding the 16-year-old had been acting out and butting heads with his stepfather. But Kaine Horman told The Oregonian their relationship was typical and that Terri and her son were the ones who didn't get along. Kaine said he was often the mitigator between the two of them.

But that's not what Terri's friend from 24-Hour Fitness, who testified before the grand jury Monday, said they heard. In the weeks before Kyron disappeared, that person said Terri was upset, telling the friend her husband forced her son to move out.

~snipped
More at link

That's what is so hard about this case (most cases, actually). She's telling multiple people things and then KH and DY are coming in behind her and saying that is incorrect. In the Dr. Phil show, KH says that he and TMH did NOT stay up until 3AM that morning fighting. And he also mentions not having any problems beyond normal teenager behavior with J. That J and TMH were always butting heads. I can see why he would be a better kid and student once he's away from the distractions/possible anger issues with her. Just wish the right set of people, that she has talked to, would come forward and maybe compare stories so that there might be a whole story that could give some insight into what happened.

Did the FBI profiler ever come back with anything or was it never published/commented on?

A very in-depth look at Terri Moulton Horman before she was married to Kaine. Many things in this article that I had forgotten about, like the teacher who had invited Terri and James (when he was little) to move into her home with her.

Terri needing to make room for her own things, set the teachers bookcase filled with all of her books out in the yard in the rain, ruining all of the teachers books.

August 2010
Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions - oregonlive.com

That's what is so hard about this case (most cases, actually). She's telling multiple people things and then KH and DY are coming in behind her and saying that is incorrect. In the Dr. Phil show, KH says that he and TMH did NOT stay up until 3AM that morning fighting. And he also mentions not having any problems beyond normal teenager behavior with J. That J and TMH were always butting heads. I can see why he would be a better kid and student once he's away from the distractions/possible anger issues with her. Just wish the right set of people, that she has talked to, would come forward and maybe compare stories so that there might be a whole story that could give some insight into what happened.

Did the FBI profiler ever come back with anything or was it never published/commented on?

That’s just what I was thinking to myself. In that audio interview yesterday, KH and DY said that TMH told multiple people differing parts of information but not enough to put anything together. I was wondering if LE ever had a round-table discussing, bringing all of those people together in the same room, and comparing everything that she told each individual person?

JMO

A very in-depth look at Terri Moulton Horman before she was married to Kaine. Many things in this article that I had forgotten about, like the teacher who had invited Terri and James (when he was little) to move into her home with her.

Terri needing to make room for her own things, set the teachers bookcase filled with all of her books out in the yard in the rain, ruining all of the teachers books.

August 2010
Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions - oregonlive.com

Yeah, that says about all I need to know about her.

August 2010

Gosh dang it....so in that article it says James went to live with the grandparents/dad before all of this happened but in the audio interview posted earlier, didn't KH and DY say that he was sent out because of the press/attention to the case and that they thought it would be better for him to be away from it all?? I'll have to go listen to it again.

Also, so it definitely sounds like TMH is a planner/list maker and someone that will do just about anything to make something happen for her/in her favor. I find it hard to believe that she didn't have a memo/notepad/list, something that would help her plan this out. Which, of course, has most likely been destroyed by now.

Last edited:
Gosh dang it....so in that article it says James went to live with the grandparents/dad before all of this happened but in the audio interview posted earlier, didn't KH and DY say that he was sent out because of the press/attention to the case and that they thought it would be better for him to be away from it all?? I'll have to go listen to it again.

Also, so it definitely sounds like TMH is a planner/list maker and someone that will do just about anything to make something happen for her/in her favor. I find it hard to believe that she didn't have a memo/notepad/list, something that would help her plan this out. Which, of course, has most likely been destroyed by now.

I heard that in their interview also. I always thought that J was away at a Boy Scout Camp with his dad when Kyron went missing?

That’s what CM (TMH’s mother) said in an early news interview?

ETA:
“Terri also has a 16-year-old son from a former marriage who has lived with her mom and dad for the past few months in Roseburg. The teen's father also lives in the area and the two are on a Boy Scout camping trip this weekend.

It will be difficult to give him the news, Moulton said.

"It's a total mystery," she said. "He just vanished. I just can't believe it."

-snip

Interview with Carol Moulton - June 6, 2010

Details emerge about the day Kyron Horman turned up missing - oregonlive.com

Last edited:
Terri is a pathological liar,and probably a narcissistic psychopath. Added to that....she is an alcoholic and has an unstable lifestyle. She won't be able to hold it together for too long in this current marriage, especially with the new book, more publicity, and the recent searches adding a ton of pressure. I wonder what she'll do when this guy tries to cut her loose....

Terri is a pathological liar,and probably a narcissistic psychopath. Added to that....she is an alcoholic and has an unstable lifestyle. She won't be able to hold it together for too long in this current marriage, especially with the new book, more publicity, and the recent searches adding a ton of pressure. I wonder what she'll do when this guy tries to cut her loose....

Totally agree. And IMO, her parents are the worst enablers. They just bought that house for her in Clearlake.

JMO

I went ahead and made a new thread with some more of my thoughts/questions (it's really long and I apologize). If you know where the answers are that I may have missed, please just attach the link/thread and I'll go fish out some of the threads that I based some of my questions off of.

I went ahead and made a new thread with some more of my thoughts/questions (it's really long and I apologize). If you know where the answers are that I may have missed, please just attach the link/thread and I'll go fish out some of the threads that I based some of my questions off of.

Here's the link to your new thread.

Newbie thoughts

BBM

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son

<snip>

~snipped
More at link

BBM

RSBM

Wait, what? She emailed KATU news about James before Kyron disappeared???

Scan error? I'm just really confused?

Should that be "after" instead of before?

JMConfusedOpinion

BBM

RSBM

Wait, what? She emailed KATU news about James before Kyron disappeared???

Scan error? I'm just really confused?

Should that be "after" instead of before?

JMConfusedOpinion

I hadn't noticed that. That article is dated August 12th, 2010. Maybe it was supposed to say two months “after” instead of before?

It all always come back to Terri borrowed the truck on June 4th, she took Kyron to the school and made her appearance and then he vanished sometime during that time.

Desiree said recently that they (LE) know based on evidence that Terri was there at the school taking Kyron’s picture at 8:45am. After that, she said, they have eyewitnesses who’ve said they saw Terri and Kyron together headed en route to her truck. Also Desiree recently mentioned in an interview, that there was conversation between Desiree, Kaine and Terri about LE finding Kyron’s DNA in the bed of the truck.

For the life of me, I just can’t figure out why they haven't charged her? Is it because they can’t prove that Kyron is actually deceased without first finding his remains? There’s been other cases, where a person has been charged without finding a body, like with Kelsey Berreth. Maybe they have some DNA evidence of Kyron in the bed of the truck but not enough to constitute that a crime actually occurred?

I don’t know the answer, but this case is just so frustrating and sad and there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about it. I just want Kyron to come home and justice to be served.

JMO

In KB's case blood was found and there's a witness who described cleaning a crime scene.

We have no crime scene here and no blood.

And to me Desiree's recent mention of the now iconic picture of Kyron in front of his science project being confirmed to have been taken at 8:45 is important. That means Kyron was already in his homeroom classroom when the 8:45 am bell went off.

So, that would make all Horman's stories about last seeing Kyron walking down the hallway to his classroom after the 8:45 am bell went off lies. Pure and simple--all lies. And they know it and have had evidence proof to backup their knowledge all along.

But that picture wasn't taken in his home room classroom. Was it?

I’ve thought about the bed wetting but just attributed it to Kyron being very stressed at home and afraid of Terri?

The photos of Kyron that were posted on Terri’s FB always showed him wearing those long oversized tee shorts that hung way down past his bottom. Was this because he had a wetting problem?

And I’ve thought about James and wondered if Terri kicking him out had something to do with Kyron and if Kyron was being punished for it?

From what I’ve read, James has never been interviewed by LE and to this day he still supports his mother.

JMO

I think the son being kicked out simply shows how children are disposable to TH.

I think Kyron’s science fair project was set up in his classroom. I think perhaps they had some of the kids’ projects set up in their classrooms and there were more set up in the gym.

JMO

From what I'm reading....each classroom had their own projects, on each of the kids' desks and then there were more in the gym/cafeteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie