Found Safe WI - Jill, 55, & Jordan Rousseau, 21, mother & daughter, Dale, Outagamie Co., 16 Jun 2019

"Hallelujah": Missing mother and daughter found safe
I just watched his response to finding out they were found. I think he knew it the whole time, he has been trying to cover his butt and I think he's embarrassed and was using LE as an excuse as to why he couldn't answer questions. I'm seeing a GAME. IMO.
Well for that matter, his own actions were on the strange side.

You can't get your wife or daughter on the phone. Both of their cell phones are at home, ringing, when you try to call them. Then you claim you spoke to your wife earlier in the late afternoon, but you can't remember if you called her on her cell phone or land line. They're not home, it's late on a Sunday night. Why not drive to the business and storage area to make sure that they are ok, if you are that concerned? Or ask the police to do a drive by to see if their vehicle is there and check on them, if they're still in the building? He didn't call LE until Monday morning to report them missing.

Did he have to call LE and get them involved? Did he really believe that something bad happened to them, or did he and his wife have a huge fight on the phone, and she decided to get her and her daughter to somewhere safe before he got home?

I think he knew why they left. As @swanniee11 mentioned, this could be a game with him. Maybe he's used to getting his own way, so he called LE to embarrass them into coming home.

However, they don't seem to be coming home and apparently, the last we knew, they still hadn't called him or contacted anyone from home. I think their message to him, by taking off and not bringing their cell phones, was a hearty *bleep* you to him.

Apparently they are a part of the religious group Hebrew Roots. Maybe they were trying to flee a cult like situation? Not saying that this is a cult, but dad is a pretty “religious “ man.
I would use your statement to describe her. She is the dominant one in the relationship. When they disappeared my first thought was its Benson, their adopted son. Or some sort of murder/suicide.

I as well find it unusual that they waited until the day he was due home to leave, unless they were busy preparing or something before that--or perhaps an argument triggered it that particular day. I guess we don't know--this could also have been a permanent planned absence or simply a reaction to something that occurred and done in anger with no long term thought or plan. It could also be due to some type of abuse. We now nothing honestly.

I wonder if there is any truth to the earlier contact and being advised she was going to garden, run to the office, etc. It was Father's Day, did he talk to his daughter or she to him, wish him a happy one, did they have plans for later and he nixed them maybe and was not spending the day with them? Did the brother want to join them perhaps and dad said no way? Maybe they do not celebrate that day. All just thoughts/speculation.

I am also drawing a blank--do we know what time they were allegedly seen on camera Sunday in relation to his last phone call with her? I thought the call was around 1 something although the entire Hudson bit is still a bit unclear. I don't remember if the time the vehicle was caught on camera Sunday was stated.

To those from the area, would the way they turned be towards Appleton? I have glanced at a map and did not realize Appleton was that near to Menasha.

Something happened though because prior to this, the daughter had been wanting to have a sleepover on Saturday with her best friend but failed to reach her. So did something happen after or was that to be maybe to be a last time of seeing a close friend before she and her mom disappeared?

All jmo.

I would use your statement to describe her. She is the dominant one in the relationship. When they disappeared my first thought was its Benson, their adopted son. Or some sort of murder/suicide.

Welcome to WS OurThing2.

UPDATE: According to the Outagamie County Sheriff's Office's Facebook page, "The missing mother and daughter from the Dale area have been found safe. Law enforcement is communicating with them and they are no longer believed to be in danger.

We greatly appreciate the outpouring of support from the community. Word spread quickly and the concern was clearly visible.

No further information can be released at this time."

The two were located in Madison, according to Adam Boutwell, who identified himself as a family friend.

As of 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, there had not been a reunion between the women and Kelly Rousseau, the husband and father of Jill and Jordan, respectively, Boutwell said.

Boutwell did not have any further information.

Kelly Rousseau would not comment on the Madison information when reached by phone at 8:40 p.m. Thursday, but wanted to thank everyone who helped and reiterated that Jill and Jordan are alive and safe.
Missing mother and daughter found safe

ETA: Boutwell was the friend that reportedly led searches earlier, and was the point guy for those that wanted to help. Madison is not far -- less than 150 miles away from Appleton.

UPDATE: According to the Outagamie County Sheriff's Office's Facebook page, "The missing mother and daughter from the Dale area have been found safe. Law enforcement is communicating with them and they are no longer believed to be in danger.

We greatly appreciate the outpouring of support from the community. Word spread quickly and the concern was clearly visible.

No further information can be released at this time."

The two were located in Madison, according to Adam Boutwell, who identified himself as a family friend.

As of 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, there had not been a reunion between the women and Kelly Rousseau, the husband and father of Jill and Jordan, respectively, Boutwell said.

Boutwell did not have any further information.

Kelly Rousseau would not comment on the Madison information when reached by phone at 8:40 p.m. Thursday, but wanted to thank everyone who helped and reiterated that Jill and Jordan are alive and safe.
Missing mother and daughter found safe

ETA: Boutwell was the friend that reportedly led searches earlier, and was the point guy for those that wanted to help. Madison is not far -- less than 150 miles away from Appleton.

Great news! So happy to hear they've been found safe. This situation was giving so many signs of a bad outcome, so it's a relief to have a positive one instead.

I hope this family can work out their problems, that the Mom and daughter can move forward with their lives.

ETA: From the interview with the dad, he didn't seem to know where they were and was genuinely happy to get the good news.

If the women disappeared without telling him where they were and he hadn't called police, he would have been under suspicion if friends began asking questions or if the women somehow met with foul play. JMO, he did the right thing in reporting it to LE. They were missing women, friends and family didn't know where they were. Reporting is what you do in that situation. JMO

Also adding it was inappropriate for the mom to disappear that way, leaving the entire community in an uproar. If someone is in a relationship where they fear for their safety, there's a protocal to follow, including notifying LE that you've left and you don't want your partner to know of your location. They will keep that information confidential.

Last edited:
Adam Boutwell said Jill Rousseau, 55, and Jordan Rousseau, 21, rejoined Kelly Rousseau — Jill's husband and Jordan's father — Thursday morning at their home in Dale.

Boutwell said the family is asking for privacy at this time.

"I know that they're safe and sound," he told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin. "Something happened, right? I don't know what that is. I have not been told."

"We still have an open investigation," Lt. Ryan Carpenter told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin on Thursday. "We're not giving any other information out than that they're safe. We're still looking into a lot of information. We don't know what is going to be important and what isn't at this point."

Missing mother and daughter have been reunited with family in Dale, friend says

My guess is they went to help Benson in some way and didn't want dad to know. Mothers have softer hearts, dads tend to stand by tough love. Maybe they thought they would be right back, and something happened on the way there or back or he needed more help than initially thought.

Rsbm

It doesn't appear that the ladies are coming home anytime soon

"They are safe, and they're coming back home," he said. "That's just awesome."”

—-
Older quote:

“Borman said Kelly Rousseau is cooperating with investigators and is not believed to be involved with the disappearance. He said investigators have "very good knowledge of where he was at and where he has been."

"He is doing everything we ask of him," Borman told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin. "We have no reason to suspect him in any way at this point of any sort of foul play."”

Two missing Dale women found alive and safe in Wisconsin

Last edited:
So if I'm not wrong, I gathered from the dad's PC that he and the daughter's friend were both out of town roughly during the same time period.

Maybe the mom and daughter came into some information regarding that and decided to leave the home.

I may have overlooked it, but where is the information about Jill's father's association with her friend?

Apparently they are a part of the religious group Hebrew Roots. Maybe they were trying to flee a cult like situation? Not saying that this is a cult, but dad is a pretty “religious “ man.

Welcome squashblossom :)

I may have overlooked it, but where is the information about Jill's father's association with her friend?
Jill is the mother/wife, and Jordan the daughter.

Jordan's friend spoke briefly during the pc and provided that she had been out of town.

I believe o/p was simply pointing out the coincidence that KR and friend were both out of town during the same period.

APPLETON - The mother and daughter who went missing for three days before being located Wednesday have been reunited with their family, a family friend said.

Adam Boutwell said Jill Rousseau, 55, and Jordan Rousseau, 21, rejoined Kelly Rousseau — Jill's husband and Jordan's father — Thursday morning at their home in Dale.

Boutwell said the family is asking for privacy at this time.

[...]

The women were not abducted as Kelly Rousseau had feared, [Sgt] Borman said.

The sheriff's office hasn't disclosed additional information about the three-day disappearance, including how and where the women were found.

"We still have an open investigation," Lt. Ryan Carpenter told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin on Thursday. "We're not giving any other information out than that they're safe. We're still looking into a lot of information. We don't know what is going to be important and what isn't at this point."

Ok, for LE to make that statement, tells me that they were in danger and needed to get away fast.

From who, though?

Someone posted something earlier today that they deleted later, that was alarming. I won't mention who they discussed, but it has me wondering if they were threatened by this person in any way. Or maybe someone else, but who could it be?

I am stunned, though, that they didn't tell the father/husband what was going on- if it had nothing to do with him, maybe he might have been in danger, too?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back