TX TX - Houston, Hisp Man 20-30, UP7148 "Antonio" Found outside of school Aug'89

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberML89-5294
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityHispanic / Latino
Possible First NameAntonio
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-30
Estimated Year of Death1989
Estimated PMI1 Hours
Height5' 6"(66 inches) , Measured
Weight146 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundAugust 20, 1989
NamUs Case CreatedMay 13, 2010
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street Address14111 Perthshire #35Houston, Texas
CountyHarris County
GPS Coordinates29.772336N , -95.594866W
Circumstances of RecoveryDecedent found at the above address.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Description7 inches long
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair DescriptionMoustache
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Piercing
possible left ear

Tattoo
Several on the extrimites

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
cigarettes, money, papers
Near the Body

Clothing
blue jeans, blue boxer shorts, yellow T-shirt with "Camel" brand name on the back
On the Body

Footwear
White socks, white running shoes
On the Body

Street view

Google Maps

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP7148
Male, Hispanic / Latino

*GRAPHIC POSTMORTEM PHOTO ATTACHED*

Possible First Name: Antonio
Date Body Found: August 20, 1989
Location Found: Houston, Texas

Location Found: Map
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 40; 20-30
Estimated PMI: 1 Hours

Measured Height: 5' 6"
Measured Weight: 146 lbs

Hair Color: Black, 7 inches long; Mustache
Eye Color: Brown
Piercing: Left ear
Tattoo: Several on the extremities

Clothing: Blue jeans, blue boxer shorts, yellow T-shirt with "Camel" brand name on the back, white socks, and white running shoes
Accessories: Cigarettes, money, and papers

Circumstances of Recovery: Decedent found at the above address. (14111 Perthshire #35, Houston, Texas)

Attachments

• C287BDE8-2EA3-4418-8345-1F9AF3410F0F.jpeg
    C287BDE8-2EA3-4418-8345-1F9AF3410F0F.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 16
Estimated PMI of an hour and no tattoo photos or even descriptions? That would probably be helpful! Nothing I can see about the COD either - he looked relatively healthy, clean, and well-groomed.

Estimated PMI of an hour and no tattoo photos or even descriptions? That would probably be helpful! Nothing I can see about the COD either - he looked relatively healthy, clean, and well-groomed.
I know! Harris County, especially, seemed to have several profiles that were lacking...to put it kindly. If I had a contact in the agency I’d send them an email and inquire about some of these! I was refreshing several TX threads earlier and I don’t know if it was just a coincidence that the ones I was posting on had a lot of commonalities.

Some of them I had to actually go back and read the previous thread because I thought it was a duplicate. I stayed mostly in the mid 70’s to 80’s, but I found numerous cases like this. Young, seemingly well kept, healthy, minorities. Texas is known for having a lot of UIDs who have remained that way largely due to them being in the country illegally. But these boys didn’t fit the bill IMO.

There was one black male around the same time frame whose thread contained some discussion on whether or not he may have identified as female. A few of the other boys I was reading about had something about their profiles that made me wonder the same thing. One had women’s bikini style underwear and another had “high heel shoes”. Which could mean something other than what I’m picturing, but it did make me pause.

I had intended to go back and look at some of the cases to see if I could find more details that might point to them being connected. But I honestly think I was just thinking to much into it. Houston is a very large city and I’m sure there are thousands of UID not listed here.

Yeah, your description made me wonder if they were more clustered in the Montrose area but this guy was found way out in Memorial. Thanks for overthinking - it helps me think better!

I think the majority of the young men I was finding yesterday were found in/around Dallas and Houston. Several were found on the street or inside a residence, some even struck by vehicles...but something about their descriptions stood out to me. “Healthy, well kept and clean“ is not what I’m used to seeing under these circumstances. Might be worth keeping in the back of our minds if nothing else ;)

Maybe JD is Ruben Ramirez (23) who went missing from Fort Worth in Jan. 1989? His height and weight are estimated to be 5' 5" - 5' 6" and 125 - 135 lbs. (JD = 5'6"/146#), but his hair is listed as brown instead of black. There aren't any notes about any tattoos/scars/marks, piercings, or clothing in Ruben's profile.
Ruben Ramirez – The Charley Project
Original
ruben_ramirez_2.jpg

Gilberto Jurado (27) is another decent potential except for the distance b/w CA & TX, especially considering his car was located in CA.
Circumstances of Disappearance - Gilberto quit his job on 04-06-1989 and had recently broke up with his girlfriend. His vehicle was located on 04-07-1989 in Yorba Linda in an area of new home construction. The area backs up to the Chino Hills State Park. He has not been seen since.

ETA - photos. also noting that I don't see any tattoos on these areas of his arms.
Original
Original

Last edited:
Maybe JD is Ruben Ramirez (23) who went missing from Fort Worth in Jan. 1989? His height and weight are estimated to be 5' 5" - 5' 6" and 125 - 135 lbs. (JD = 5'6"/146#), but his hair is listed as brown instead of black. There aren't any notes about any tattoos/scars/marks, piercings, or clothing in Ruben's profile.
Ruben Ramirez – The Charley Project
Original
ruben_ramirez_2.jpg

Gilberto Jurado (27) is another decent potential except for the distance b/w CA & TX, especially considering his car was located in CA.
Circumstances of Disappearance - Gilberto quit his job on 04-06-1989 and had recently broke up with his girlfriend. His vehicle was located on 04-07-1989 in Yorba Linda in an area of new home construction. The area backs up to the Chino Hills State Park. He has not been seen since.

ETA - photos. also noting that I don't see any tattoos on these areas of his arms.
Original
Original
I’d say Gilberto looks more like him (but his pictures are clearer than Ruben’s), but you’re right the distance could be a factor. His car being found there would seem to suggest something happened to him in the State Park? But who knows, he may have just wanted to leave his life behind; no job, failed relationship. As far as the tattoos, who knows when the photos were taken and what “extremities” are being referred to on the UID.

I don’t know, I say submit any that you find that seem to match well. If nothing else, we can get a definitive rule out. On a side note, I’m surprised to see Gilbert is not on The Charley Project’s site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back