NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question would be why did TR choose his new locations. Why Ingleside TX? Why Manchester NH? CA always made sense to me because he spent a lot of time in that state, but what lead him to the other distant places? Word of mouth, like a friend saying they heard jobs are opening up there? Random aimless traveling and just settling somewhere?

Mentioned this sometime back I know for fact at the time their were several oil field related companies that were building platforms in Ingleside, TX. Right at the time 1977-78, their are also tons of oil field related service jobs that would carry one off shore or even in the land based oil patch. They recruit from all over the country and I know one company that specifically that sought out maritime retired, discharged etc personnel all the way up to Maine and into Canada. I can see Ingelside easily Manchester I'm still miffed unless it was as you said word of mouth.

Mentioned this sometime back I know for fact at the time their were several oil field related companies that were building platforms in Ingleside, TX. Right at the time 1977-78, their are also tons of oil field related service jobs that would carry one off shore or even in the land based oil patch. They recruit from all over the country and I know one company that specifically that sought out maritime retired, discharged etc personnel all the way up to Maine and into Canada. I can see Ingelside easily Manchester I'm still miffed unless it was as you said word of mouth.

He struck me as the type who might have used newspaper classified job wanted ads and maybe placed handyman ads for himself. Not sure why I think this, but it was one of the few ways back then to find a job.

It’s possible the job might have lead him to New Hampshire. One of the forums or websites related to this case mentioned that Waumbec Mills was running help wanted ads around the country. (I think the ad I saw was from a Texas newspaper.)

Last edited:

Interesting. So Terry's claim that he worked at oil rig/industry might have been the truth.

He struck me as the type who might have used newspaper classified job wanted ads and maybe placed handyman ads for himself. Not sure why I think this, but it was one of the few ways back then to find a job.

That how he met Eunsoon. She put an add in newspaper for handyman or roof repair and he answered.

I am not sure about TX but east coast in my mind was Marlyse's choice due to her having lots of connections there. Terry had no known ties to east at that time as far as we are aware so only that explanation is making strong sense to me at the moment.

Do we know, or can we find out where he was stationed in the Navy? Perhaps he had familiarity with the east coast from that?

That how he met Eunsoon. She put an add in newspaper for handyman or roof repair and he answered.

I thought maybe that's how he got the job that led to their relationship, but didn't trust my memory.

Do we know, or can we find out where he was stationed in the Navy? Perhaps he had familiarity with the east coast from that?

I've wondered that since we learned he was in the Navy, just where was he stationed? Where was his base? HI is one possibility, then I was thinking bases in WA, VA, and FL. Of all the known places he ended up, it really surprises me he never turned up in FL, it's a mecca for transients and those wanting to fly below the radar, IMHO. It's even possible he ended up in Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard (NH) during his enlistment at some point. Or at least, had connections there after his discharge.

I've wondered that since we learned he was in the Navy, just where was he stationed? Where was his base? HI is one possibility, then I was thinking bases in WA, VA, and FL. Of all the known places he ended up, it really surprises me he never turned up in FL, it's a mecca for transients and those wanting to fly below the radar, IMHO. It's even possible he ended up in Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard (NH) during his enlistment at some point. Or at least, had connections there after his discharge.
There are responses to this post here: NH - NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

What are your thoughts on the birthday picture? I’m currently thinking it was taken in December 1978 on or near Camp Pendleton. A celebration of of Marie’s 7th birthday and Sarah’s 1st. The photo might have come from Sarah’s half brother, who stated on various message boards that he has a collection of his father’s picture from his time at Camp Pendleton.

What are your thoughts on the birthday picture? I’m currently thinking it was taken in December 1978 on or near Camp Pendleton. A celebration of of Marie’s 7th birthday and Sarah’s 1st. The photo might have come from Sarah’s half brother, who stated on various message boards that he has a collection of his father’s picture from his time at Camp Pendleton.

A logical guess.

Just parking these here for further research:
Female UID found in Carson, CA in April 1978, possibly had given birth. Have you seen this child? JANE DOE1978

June 7, 1979, the body of a white female was found in a grape vineyard near the intersection of 8th Street and Rochester Street in Rancho Cucamonga Have you seen this child? JANE DOE1979

Connie Minchaca Missing Since Jun 9, 1978, Napa, CA
Have you seen this child? CONNIE MINCHACA

Fannie and Jessie were last seen with their mother, Mary Stuart, on December 10, 1977
Have you seen this child? FANNIE STUART

I'm not so certain the MC's was murdered by TR and is now a Jane Doe or a missing person.
There are so many other possibilities:

1. She could be an identified murder victim, and TR may or may not have been the perp, and that's how the MC came to be with him
2. She could have died of natural causes when the MC was young, and TR gained custody of their daughter.
3. He could have been granted visitation and didn't bring her back after a visit. That could be one reason why he changed his name, too, to make it difficult for the MC's mother to find him.
4. She could be incarcerated. Or she could could have been incarcerated and died in prison.
5. She could have died between now and then, looking for the MC the whole time. And by some twist of fate, didn't come across the A4 victims, or didn't recognize the circumstances and passed it by.
6. She could still be alive and hasn't looked for her daughter because TR told her a believable story. And she either chose not to verify it because she trusted him, or lacked the funds or the means to. Remember, we have the power of hindsight, so we've seen his evil deeds over the decades. But the MC's mother met him in what appears to be the beginning of full blown wickedness, and might not have been exposed to that side of him. He wasn't even a serial killer (that we know of) when the MC's mother was with him, so if he made up some story as to where their daughter was, she may have had no reason to doubt it. I'm probably not explaining this right, but when my naive mother met my father, he didn't show his true colors right right away, and they only got worse as time went on.

These are just a few. Just about any combination of them could work, too.

Which Camp Pendleton? I found several.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member