"Exoneration"

dcountmontecristo

Free Thinker
Reaction score
"You know, no one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a CONVICTION, in court beyond a reasonable doubt."

-Mary T. Lacy (Former DA)

Press Conference 8/29/06

Reality: The case has not moved forward therefore there was no conviction..

then why were the Ramseys cleared?
What was the purpose of issuing an EXONERATION?

"You know, no one is really cleared of a homicide until there’s a CONVICTION, ...
then why were the Ramseys cleared? What was the purpose of issuing an EXONERATION?

Just MHO, but from the handful of books I've read about that case, my own guess is that any exoneration--you mean the DA's statement that other DNA was on the clothing?--any 'clearing' announcement was purely political, for reasons I can't guess but one MIGHT suspect had to do with legal action, present or pending. You're right, IMO, that this case has not been resolved, and due to the incredibly bungled (IMO) investigation, it probably never will be.

Personally, I think the murderer was Mrs Peacock, in the ballroom, with the candlestick. ;-)

ML knew she was wrong to say that, and yes- it was politically motivated. Correct that NO one is cleared until and unless a killer is identified, and convicted. Especially persons in the house where the murder took place at the time of the death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back