Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Father’s Day on Sunday. Please everyone think hard and tell the police or Crimestoppers anything that may help find Leah. Give the info, let them decide if it’s relevant, tell them the rumours, let the police gather the evidence to support it. As you think of the the male role models in your life, honour the brilliance of men with passing a bit info to the police so we can uncover the mystery for her dad, brother and the rest of the family.

Somebody in Milton Keynes knows exactly what happened to Leah Croucher and where she is now as search enters fifth month

Article appeared today.
I'm trying to analyse the language used in this article. It sounds like 'they' have a good theory what has happened to Leah, but I'm trying to read between the lines and find out what this theory is. Ideas anyone?
Do they (police) have their suspicions of who is involved, but have no evidence as yet, and are setting a trap? Or are they just reaching out in the dark hoping for someone to take the bait?

Somebody in Milton Keynes knows exactly what happened to Leah Croucher and where she is now as search enters fifth month

Article appeared today.
I'm trying to analyse the language used in this article. It sounds like 'they' have a good theory what has happened to Leah, but I'm trying to read between the lines and find out what this theory is. Ideas anyone?
Do they (police) have their suspicions of who is involved, but have no evidence as yet, and are setting a trap? Or are they just reaching out in the dark hoping for someone to take the bait?
Sounds like the reporter is trying to shame someone into coming forward. I doubt it'll work.

I imagine the Police have an idea of what's happened, but don't have enough evidence to charge anyone.

Personally (and playing the odds), I've yet to see a case where a young woman goes missing while having an affair with an older, married man and that man has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance.

Sounds like the reporter is trying to shame someone into coming forward. I doubt it'll work.

I imagine the Police have an idea of what's happened, but don't have enough evidence to charge anyone.

Personally (and playing the odds), I've yet to see a case where a young woman goes missing while having an affair with an older, married man and that man has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance.
Well there was the Chandra Levi (sp) case. But I do tend to agree with you. :)

Well there was the Chandra Levi (sp) case. But I do tend to agree with you. :)
Levy - and I hadn't actually seen that one, but I'm sure there are others where the affair was a co-incidence; you're right "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

Like you, I think the older man is the most likely suspect in this case, though.

Here's a scenario (ALL MOO) that I can't quite discount and that keeps playing in the back of my mind:

Perhaps Leah was in a relationship with a married man but things weren't going well (stressor) for some reason. Possibly the man wanted to break up and recommit to his wife/marriage. Possibly Leah wanted him to leave his wife but he refused so she broke it off. Possibly outside pressure (wife, brother) forced them to break up or at least to pretend to break up (which might precipitate the sudden, out-of-character lying). Lying, incidentally, is a stressor in and of itself.

Perhaps Leah was pregnant by the married man with whom she had recently (voluntarily or involuntarily) ended a relationship (stressor).

Perhaps Leah turned to the (now) ex once she found out she was pregnant. She wouldn't have wanted to go to her parents because she wouldn't want to disappoint or upset them (all MOO).

Perhaps the ex freaked out at this news and imagined the worst in terms of consequences. Perhaps the ex decided things were too unstable and unpredictable and so decided to remove the one uncontrollable variable. Perhaps the ex lured Leah with a promise of a future together.

Perhaps Leah was told that she and the ex would move away to start a new life together and that once his divorce was finalized and they were married and the baby was born that they could reappear and reunite with friends and family and all would be forgiven and forgotten and they could live happier ever after.

Perhaps Leah was instructed to turn off her locations on her regular phone (having previously been given a burner phone) on the night before her disappearance in preparation for their getaway. Perhaps they were to leave that night and Leah changed clothes, gave a false story regarding plans (to buy herself some getaway time) and took off to meet her lover. But maybe he was not able to meet her that evening, for whatever reason (wife stayed home when she had previously planned to be out that evening?). So maybe there was a quick change of plans and they would instead leave the next morning. Also, the morning would possibly buy them more time.

Perhaps the next morning the ex had a change of heart and didn't show. Perhaps Leah was distraught and threatened to tell someone or everyone - his wife, her parents, her brother, etc. Such a statement may have made him realize that his "problem"wasn't just going to go away. So he tells her okay, don't be upset, you're right, I'm coming.... then he meets her at the lake. Perhaps he then writes the rest of her story.

In my mind, this scenario fits all the evidence we have thus far -- and is also all MOO.

Okay, WSers, please pick this apart... :)

Here's a scenario (ALL MOO) that I can't quite discount and that keeps playing in the back of my mind:

Perhaps Leah was in a relationship with a married man but things weren't going well (stressor) for some reason. Possibly the man wanted to break up and recommit to his wife/marriage. Possibly Leah wanted him to leave his wife but he refused so she broke it off. Possibly outside pressure (wife, brother) forced them to break up or at least to pretend to break up (which might precipitate the sudden, out-of-character lying). Lying, incidentally, is a stressor in and of itself.

Perhaps Leah was pregnant by the married man with whom she had recently (voluntarily or involuntarily) ended a relationship (stressor).

Perhaps Leah turned to the (now) ex once she found out she was pregnant. She wouldn't have wanted to go to her parents because she wouldn't want to disappoint or upset them (all MOO).

Perhaps the ex freaked out at this news and imagined the worst in terms of consequences. Perhaps the ex decided things were too unstable and unpredictable and so decided to remove the one uncontrollable variable. Perhaps the ex lured Leah with a promise of a future together.

Perhaps Leah was told that she and the ex would move away to start a new life together and that once his divorce was finalized and they were married and the baby was born that they could reappear and reunite with friends and family and all would be forgiven and forgotten and they could live happier ever after.

Perhaps Leah was instructed to turn off her locations on her regular phone (having previously been given a burner phone) on the night before her disappearance in preparation for their getaway. Perhaps they were to leave that night and Leah changed clothes, gave a false story regarding plans (to buy herself some getaway time) and took off to meet her lover. But maybe he was not able to meet her that evening, for whatever reason (wife stayed home when she had previously planned to be out that evening?). So maybe there was a quick change of plans and they would instead leave the next morning. Also, the morning would possibly buy them more time.

Perhaps the next morning the ex had a change of heart and didn't show. Perhaps Leah was distraught and threatened to tell someone or everyone - his wife, her parents, her brother, etc. Such a statement may have made him realize that his "problem"wasn't just going to go away. So he tells her okay, don't be upset, you're right, I'm coming.... then he meets her at the lake. Perhaps he then writes the rest of her story.

In my mind, this scenario fits all the evidence we have thus far -- and is also all MOO.

You're certainly not alone in thinking along these lines.

This is pretty close to the scenario I (and probably several other WS members) have been considering. I hope we are wrong because, unless some evidence comes to light, this is going to be difficult for TVP to prove.

One thing which could clear matters up is if the married man was at work all day or could prove where he was. I would think his whereabouts would have been looked at quite early on, although even if he was at home alone it wouldn't be enough to bring him in for questioning.

The main problem is Leah just vanishing. There is enough doubt to make LE hold back. From their point of view, if a departure to a new life had been planned then it is possible Leah decided to just go alone.

Last edited:
I really hope I'm wrong but I dont believe Leah has gone into hiding on her own accord. If Leah was pregnant and being seen by a midwife, would they be able to tell police this information? First pregnancies are such an anxious time, I cant see a first time mum risking her childs health by not attending antenatal appointments. just my opinion. I also dont think Leah would put her family through this torment. she seems the type of girl that would at least contact them to say she was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53