Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did NOT know CM had injuries to his hand when questioned by investigators, according to JD.

"Crighton backed up her opinion of guilt with the fact that Merritt's hand was injured when he was interviewed by detectives and witnesses couldn't corroborate his injury happening where he said it had."

I think it was in the 2/17/10 interview when Dugal and his partner (can't remember her name) asked him about it. He said he cut it on sheet metal. They asked Carmen Garcia from Metro Sheet Metal if she knew anything about it and she testified that she did not.

MOO

Are the jury back deliberating now? For that solid hour and a half they’re doing today hope judge enjoys his day off, this is just ridiculous now imo any idea of how long they’ve actually deliberated over the sentence?

Are the jury back deliberating now? For that solid hour and a half they’re doing today hope judge enjoys his day off, this is just ridiculous now imo any idea of how long they’ve actually deliberated over the sentence?
JD Crighton‏ @JDCrighton
#McStay: Jurors have entered their deliberation room for the penalty phase at 8:36 am to determine death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole in People v Charles “Chase” Merritt capital murder case.

Does this jury have jobs and life’s to get back to ? ... it’s absolutely crazy.

When I did my two weeks my boss didn’t want me to do it but couldn’t stop me and any time I got off early I was told to go back to work and finish my day. It wasn’t a picnic by any stretch as they also had to pay my wages hence why they were forcing me into work even if I only did a few hours. I also had my boss on the phone constantly. I would of been sacked if I had wanted 4 months off.

None of this jury seem to want to rush back to their life’s. I don’t get it at ALL!!!!!!!

Last edited:

When I did my two weeks my boss didn’t want me to do it but couldn’t stop me and any time I got off early I was told to go back to work and finish my day. It wasn’t a picnic by any stretch as they also had to pay my wages hence why they were forcing me into work even if I only did a few hours. I also had my boss on the phone constantly. I would of been sacked if I had wanted 4 months off.

None of this jury seem to want to rush back to their life’s. I don’t get it at ALL!!!!!!!

It makes me wonder if they really cared about all of the delays in the trial like we thought they did? lol I sure hope we hear from them after this is over.

In California people who work in certain jobs, especially those for state government and state agencies get paid for unlimited jury duty service. So all the people on these really long cases are state or federal employees still drawing a pay check, and their boss just has to deal with it. Most probably did go into work on days that the court was dark or ended early.

My company used to pay 10 days (it's 5 days, now).

It makes me wonder if they really cared about all of the delays in the trial like we thought they did? lol I sure hope we hear from them after this is over.
Me too! Maybe it didn't bother them having time to decompress? They knew going in it would be 4 months right? I've never served on a grand jury but maybe that's the same mindset. I personally don't know if I could hang in for that long.

Wow. More deliberations to come? At least they didn't pull the same "we have a verdict but y'all gotta wait through another weekend" stunt. I can understand that they've shifted from G or NG mode to the as serious as it gets LWOP or DP. They don't want to rush through a decision that each juror will live with the rest of their lives. Sleeping on it over the weekend and come to a conclusion before end of court on Monday.
But... I wonder if the lingering doubt tactic did the trick and there could be one or even two holdouts. JMHO

I wonder if that means they're close to a verdict? To come in at 8:30 on Friday? Hmmm. Maybe they're coming in that early to make sure everyone that needs to be there will have time to get there. Then they can be done with it. Wouldn't that be nice.

MOO
I'm confused. People here keep talking about verdict. I thought the verdict was in? And he was found guilty?

Me too! Maybe it didn't bother them having time to decompress? They knew going in it would be 4 months right? I've never served on a grand jury but maybe that's the same mindset. I personally don't know if I could hang in for that long.

I think in the beginning they said 4-5 months actually lol I remember at the time thinking that they must have a boat load of evidence and testimony to fill in all those days and all those hours, but it turns out that they just knew how badly they run their courtrooms there ;)

We are now in what is called the penalty phase. The jury has to decide if CM get LWOP or the DP, their only two options after they found him guilty on all four 187(a) counts and a finding of a special circumstance, which is multiple murders. The jury must be unanimous in reaching a penalty of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni