Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #10 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it’s wrapping up at any rate. Now that we at least know all comings and goings (if you leave via the driveway/road) from 4 Jefferson Crossing are at least covered by two neighbors’ surveillance video cameras LE will have at least some footage to work with for 5/24 and 5/25.

I really do believe that LE had a strong belief JDs remains went through MIRA. JMO. If so, they must be frustrated with what they found or didn’t find. Otherwise, I would expect to see, once the MIRA search wraps up, more police presence at the addresses we all agree are of some importance for more searches.

Addresses of importance (bc they are either a residence, are family property or are a Fore Group, LLC property or possibly have evidence or have been searched by LE) just for the newbies and y’all lurkers out there we hope join in:

1. 69 Welles Lane, New Canaan, CT: JD’s address (rental home) and where she was last known seen. Also, suspected blood spatter, multiple blood stains and evidence of a clean up in the garage. NCPD entered after JD was reported missing by friends at 7:00 pm on May 24th. Once they encountered the blood in the garage CT Major Crime Squad was called in and they processed the blood evidence via a Mincey Warrant.

2. Lapham Road, New Canaan north of Merritt Pkwy on the west perimeter of Waveny Park: location where JD’s 2017 Black Chevy Suburban was found shortly after she was reported missing. The park and surrounding area and bodies of water have been searched. LE also handed out fliers. There are no cameras operating at the park through the city or the police.

3. Mallard Lake address in Pound Ridge NY. Property belongs to JDs family.

4. 80 Mountain Springs; Farmington CT. It is finished and is for sale. It is on 5.08 acres. FDs phone pinged there a few times on 5/24: at 1:37 pm until 3:38 pm. It also left that location for FDs home address and returned again at 5:21 pm and leaves again arriving home address at 5:34 pm. Neighbors reported to MSM that property has been searched by LE.

5. 4 Jefferson Crossing, Farmington, CT. FD and MT (and her daughter) were residing there until May 31st when LE executed a Search Warrant on the home. FD and MT were arrested on June 1st. Since bonding out, only FD resides there. The Fore Group, LLC operates out of this address. It has been searched a few times by LE. This property was the marital home for JD and FD until she learned of his affair with MT and left in 2017. It is listed for sale and is represented by Tea Leaf Realty and agent Rob Giufrria. This property has been for sale for almost two years. It sits on 2.15 acres. Neighbors’ cameras capture comings and goings from the driveway. FDs phone pinged here on May 24 at 4:17 pm after leaving 80 Mountain spring Road and 5:34 pm also after leaving 80 Mountain Spring Road. Cameras and phone data capture a man with same appearance and vehicle seen dumping trash on Albany Avenue in Hartford, CT entering property and checking mail at 8:10 pm.

6. A four mile stretch on Albany Avenue in Hartford CT. C4 CCTV camera and FD/MT cell phone data show stops at 30 trashbins and bags being dumped with what appears visually to have blood in them. And an item deposited in a storm drain at Garden Street and Albany Avenue. A 2014 Black Ford SVT Raptor was captured along with a male and female with appearances consistent with FD and MT. Police learned of this from cell phone data and once they viewed video collected what trashbags they could on May 31st which contained household items and JDs blood. The rest of the garbage was collected by the city and shredded and incinerated at MIRA.

7. 61 Sturbridge Hill, New Canaan, CT. Fore Group LLC property. It is under construction and is on 2.43 acres. A now ex-employee of the Fore Group was working there during the week and day of JDs disappearance and was using FD’s Raptor truck while FD had access to the employee’s possible red Toyota Tacoma. It is also the sight of loud banging at 5 am on May 25 that awoke neighborhood dogs and was reported to LE. There is also a metal dumpster on the property. LE has searched this property and the dumpster a few times.

8. 20 Skyview Drive, Avon, CT. Fore Group, LLC property. Status of property: to be built. It is 1.8 miles from 4 Jefferson Crossing (FDs home address). Sits on 3.85 acres. I believe it has been searched by LE

9. 585 Deercliff Road, Avon CT. Fore Group, LLC property. Status: available for custom home. JD and FD once lived there. FD’s mother, KD was struck in the driveway by the nanny, and later died at a hospital from her injuries in 2010. It was listed for sale through Coldwell Bankers on 5/21/19 (3 days before JD goes missing) for $849,900 and has since been reduced (-5.88%) to $799,900. It is 0.4 miles from 4 Jefferson Crossing. It sits on 4.49 acres. I believe it has been searched by LE.

10. The Pond (begins Avon Self Storage) on 190 Old Farms Road, Avon, CT. Has been searched by LE, divers and canines. Site of waterskiing club and has been frequented by FD and the 5 kids on many occasion. It was a source of much contention between FD and MT, FD’s insistence on the kids becoming waterskiing pros. Fisher Meadows Pond in Avon was also searched and is fairly close to The Pond.

Hope that helps the newbies and lurkers. I pretty much have this memorized by now. I hope to see some more police presence at any of the properties especially soon unless they truly believe she was at MIRA.
Worth another search of Waveny? If he was staging it as an attack while jogging, maybe she is there, hidden in the thicket??

jmo
Worth another search of Waveny? If he was staging it as an attack while jogging, maybe she is there, hidden in the thicket??

jmo

they are still checking Waveny. I drove by Lapham yesterday mid-day. There were 2 St of Ct silver SUV’s parked. Not a lot of activity but there’s usually a presence. When i drove back thru a couple of hours later they were gone.

If more charges are filed and arrests are coming I hope LE waits until late at night...when a person is all snuggled up or bedded down about to drift off to sleep or watch a program. OR really early in the morning so ripping a person out of a deep slumber with no time to put their thoughts together or even dress properly.

There's something pretty pitiful about both these guys and their Father's Day soiree.] End quote—edited by Hope for the Best, who definitely needs caffeine, it is now certain! Sorry for messing up this post, too! :(

My post:

Defending him to be sure he gets a fair trial as so helpfully explained in earlier posts is important, I know and agree, and I am glad for that for the overreaching idea of a fair process for all. Spending Father’s Day with a client who did not seem to be a loving father to his children in just the ways documented in court papers like the custody judge saying he wasn’t following the rules for the kids’ welfare, never mind the murder investigation, is on another level entirely IMO.

If more charges are filed and arrests are coming I hope LE waits until late at night...when a person is all snuggled up or bedded down about to drift off to sleep or watch a program. OR really early in the morning so ripping a person out of a deep slumber with no time to put their thoughts together or even dress properly.

They’ll probably wait until he’s out and about, and initiate a vehicle stop.

I am a big fan of the early morning raid though.

They are still checking Waveny. I drove thru on Lapham mid day yesterday and saw 2 St of CT silver SUVs parked on the road. When i went back a couple of hours later, they were gone. Not a massive presence, but they are still checking it out.

But if they verified it was his clothes he would be arrested by now, wouldn't he?
Not necessarily.

It would be incredibly damning, but they’d still want more.

It would be enough for an arrest, but sometimes it is prudent to wait.

They could be waiting on lab results, or working on firming up his movements that morning.

He’s not going anywhere, and if they thought he was dangerous or likely to run, they would certainly move on him then.

There's something pretty pitiful about both these guys and their Father's Day soiree.

I wonder how many billable hours were in it for Pattis. They can say pro bono all day long but I'm sure the hours are being recorded.

Did Pettis actually say he’s doing it pro bono? I heard him say he’s not worried about getting paid, not that he’s doing it PB.

Pettis scares me. I think he’s good at being a defense attorney. I don’t care for the “I need to get my guy off, therefore “win” my case” thinking which drives many attorneys. I don’t think that’s what “best defense under the law“ was intended to mean, i.e., get him off whether he’s guilty or not.

Did Pettis actually say he’s doing it pro bono? I heard him say he’s not worried about getting paid, not that he’s doing it PB.

Pettis scares me. I think he’s good at being a defense attorney. I don’t care for the “I need to get my guy off, therefore “win” my case” thinking which drives many attorneys. I don’t think that’s what “best defense under the law“ was intended to mean, i.e., get him off whether he’s guilty or not.

Sure, he seems to be great at what he does.

I don’t care how good you are though, the case depends on the strength of the evidence.

His client didn’t do either of them any favors.

Fortunately.

Search dogs can walk right past a dead body that is barely concealed.

They do this in areas where a body is strongly believed to be.

We’ve seen that in a couple recent cases on here.

Her not being found, is not necessarily indicative of her being perfectly hidden, or deeply buried.

I’m sure the press is staking out his properties, but those are big houses with a good degree of privacy.
:(. I never knew that about search dogs!
My only exposure was in airports with drug sniffing dogs homing in on my college boy's bags! My first reaction was how dare they? Then I took a big breath. Scary times.

Or maybe they arrest him on a nice, sunny morning after he has returned from a quick trip somewhere in his car and after he has parked in the garage, and is just getting out of his car and heading into the house to go do normal things, thinking everything is fine...

:(. I never knew that about search dogs!
My only exposure was in airports with drug sniffing dogs homing in on my college boy's bags! My first reaction was how dare they? Then I took a big breath. Scary times.

Yeah, it comes down to weather conditions, the handler, the dog itself, the condition of the body, how the body is concealed, and a myriad of other factors.

They’ve found countless bodies, some that were in places where you’d never expect them to be able to do so.

There’s a lot of variables though, and as a tool, they fail from time to time.

If she is in water, there’s a very good chance that her remains will surface.

It seems that every killer who gets the bright idea of submerging a body in water, neglects to properly anchor it.

Tie a weight to a limb, and the decomposition process will take care of the rest.

Scott Peterson made that mistake.

I worry that she's in a metal receptacle of some kind but if FD was in too much of a hurry and just attached concrete blocks to her limbs, what happened to Laci will likely happen to Jennifer:

A cadaver in the water starts to sink as soon as the air in its lungs is replaced with water. (Weights sink it quickly.) Once submerged, the body stays underwater until the bacteria in the gut and chest cavity produce enough gas—methane, hydrogen sulfide, and carbon dioxide—to float it to the surface like a balloon. The torso will often pull free of the weighted limbs.

FD won't be able to rest easily even after they stop searching bodies of water as this could happen at any time.
They've even found bodies just under a layer of ice.

Parking at the Stamford train station during a weekday is a difficult task. It also would take at least 30 minutes to get to the train station from her home and then added time to find parking. I live about 10 minutes from where she resided, closer to the station. It would make more sense for her to either take the train from Talmadge Hill or Springdale Station (possibly even the New Canaan station) and transfer at Stamford. Leaving her with much less number of trains to choose from as she would have to grab the train around 9am. MOO is that she would have either used a car service or driven in.
It’s very easy to park at the Darien station and many people drive there from New Canaan if they travel after the NC trains stop going direct to NY after around 9AM.

I’d say he may have dumped her poor body in the woods to get rid of it as quickly as possible, like down a steep hill where few people would go to look.
Interesting point. Remember the Greenwich suitcase murder (Valerie Reyes...there's a thread about it here on WS) just this past February? She was reported missing in late February in Port Chester, NY. Found about a week later in a suitcase by some roads maintenance workers. They just stumbled upon the suitcase she had been stuffed into and tossed down an embankment.
The difference there is that it was still being treated as a missing persons case.
My point, sadly, is that the area even within a 75-mile radius of NC is pretty vast, with so many opportunities to hide evidence. :(

Or maybe they arrest him on a nice, sunny morning after he has returned from a quick trip somewhere in his car and after he has parked in the garage, and is just getting out of his car and heading into the house to go do normal things, thinking everything is fine...

I expect LE to arrest him while he's out of the house, perhaps even stopped at a traffic light. That would put them in a less dangerous position.

Last edited:
Perhaps he didn’t have a specific scenario in mind at all.

We’re thinking that he might have wanted this to look like an attack while jogging, or a suicide.

Maybe he didn’t care, and was simply trying to muddy the waters, and leave it all an open question.

If he didn’t care/was leaving it open to interpretation, then he would surely have known he’d be the No 1 suspect.

He certainly likes attention, but I think it’s limited to positive attention. Even if he felt confident he could cover his tracks, I can’t imagine him being ok with the inevitable scrutiny.

So that brings me back to staging. But he ended up muddying those waters anyway, as it’s not obvious as to what scenario was supposed to have played out.

Yeah, it comes down to weather conditions, the handler, the dog itself, the condition of the body, how the body is concealed, and a myriad of other factors.

They’ve found countless bodies, some that were in places where you’d never expect them to be able to do so.

There’s a lot of variables though, and as a tool, they fail from time to time.
One of our sleuthers posted a terrific synopsis of the search dogs - very early on maybe thread #1 or 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong