The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we're discussing Diana ;)

Princess Diana’s niece, Lady Kitty Spencer, turned heads at Royal Ascot
lady-kitty-spencer-vertical.jpg
Lady Kitty Spencer is making her mark on high society.

Princess Diana’s striking niece was forced to arrive at Royal Ascot on Tuesday lying down in her car due to her high-fashion hat by milliner-to-the-stars Philip Treacy.

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/20/princess-dianas-niece-lady-kitty-spencer-turned-heads-at-royal-ascot/

Her nieces from her brother Charles are all so gorgeous!

Even with that said she still looked so classy & dignified. :)

** ^
355-dunno.png

Errmmm....Who??

;) Only kidding - I've heard of him vaguely, not sure I'd recognised him.

*That girl* tv show Marlo did. Marlo Thomas's husband. We're showing our generational Gap here in the threads LOL. I just Googled it and I did not believe she is still alive but she is. Still doing her fundraisers for St Jude Children Hospital which her father was very involved with. Danny Thomas.

Marlo Thomas is very much alive and active in fundraising for St. Jude Children's Hospital. DH and I make an annual contributions to the renowned hospital. Lovely "thank you" letters are signed by Marlo Thomas, albeit copied signature, but she acknowledges donations to her father's famed charity organization.

*That girl* tv show Marlo did. Marlo Thomas's husband. We're showing our generational Gap here in the threads LOL
Who?? ;)
94011521-emoji-holding-england-flag-emoticon-waving-national-flag-of-england-3d-rendering.jpg

I'm English

To be honest it's not a 'generational' thing more a 'national' thing, I know Phil's a big name but I have truely never heard of Marlo.

That said I did 'Wiki' her :D
She does have quite an impressive history!
So for the rest of us Brit's ;)

Marlo Thomas
Margaret Julia "Marlo" Thomas (born November 21, 1937) is an American actress, producer, author, and social activist best known for starring on the sitcom That Girl

..She has received four Emmys, a Golden Globe, and the George Foster Peabody Award for her work in television, and she has been inducted into the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame. She has also received a Grammy award for her children’s album Marlo Thomas and Friends: Thanks & Giving All Year Long.
In 2014, she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama at a White House ceremony, the highest honor that a civilian can receive.
220px-Marlo_Thomas_-_1968.jpg

(She's also very pretty)
Marlo Thomas - Wikipedia

Who?? ;)
94011521-emoji-holding-england-flag-emoticon-waving-national-flag-of-england-3d-rendering.jpg

I'm English

To be honest it's not a 'generational' thing more a 'national' thing, I know Phil's a big name but I have truely never heard of Marlo.

That said I did 'Wiki' her :D
She does have quite an impressive history!
So for the rest of us Brit's ;)

Marlo Thomas
Margaret Julia "Marlo" Thomas (born November 21, 1937) is an American actress, producer, author, and social activist best known for starring on the sitcom That Girl

..She has received four Emmys, a Golden Globe, and the George Foster Peabody Award for her work in television, and she has been inducted into the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame. She has also received a Grammy award for her children’s album Marlo Thomas and Friends: Thanks & Giving All Year Long.
In 2014, she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama at a White House ceremony, the highest honor that a civilian can receive.
220px-Marlo_Thomas_-_1968.jpg

(She's also very pretty)
Marlo Thomas - Wikipedia

Marlo was delight! “That Girl” was groundbreaking in the late ‘60’s. It was the first show about a single woman not living with her family, pursuing a career. Although she had a boyfriend, she nixed the idea of marrying him in the last episode because of the message it would send. Ahead of her time!

Marlo was delight! “That Girl” was groundbreaking in the late ‘60’s. It was the first show about a single woman not living with her family, pursuing a career. Although she had a boyfriend, she nixed the idea of marrying him in the last episode because of the message it would send. Ahead of her time!
Yeah - She does sound quite an influential character which is rather sad that she seems to be 'unknown' here :oops:

12e30d479f91425271d4cc8cfa8fcc99--smiley-emoji-emoji-faces.jpg
On first glance at ^ her wiki pic I must admit brought back such happy memories of 'Jeannie' thou :D
dcc71947a746f56ccad4410b777fae88--i-dream-of-jeannie-tee-shirts.jpg

Yeah - She does sound quite an influential character which is rather sad that she seems to be 'unknown' here :oops:

On first glance at ^ her wiki pic I must admit brought back such happy memories of 'Jeannie' thou :D

Not quite the independent modern woman we were talkin' about...but the show had astronauts, so cool and so very'60's!

View attachment 189808

What is everyone’s favourite Princess Diana outfit? It is very difficult to choose but I like the ‘Elvis Dress’ best it still looks great today.

I only like her in very simple , one color dresses with no bouffy stuff like shoulder pads or bows or other bunchy stuff. She looks very elegant even in fashions that are older when they are simple

12e30d479f91425271d4cc8cfa8fcc99--smiley-emoji-emoji-faces.jpg

I’m a huge Barbara Eden fan she is a lovely Lady who has had a lot of tragedy in her life. I Dream of Jeanine was funny but it hasn’t aged well and it could not be made today. I was shocked by how Mr. Hagman treated Ms. Eden because he was jealous of her success. Ms. Eden says Jeanine was an entity and not human so the show wasn’t sexist.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex: wedding tiara may have been restyled!!!

JMHO -- it's jolly well time!!!

Sophie Countess of Wessex debuted new tiara at the State Dinner - where does it come from?

Sophie-Countess-of-Wessex-in-tiara-at-the-State-Dinner-1925710.jpg

She certainly deserves more than the three small triangles assembled from something else for her wedding. JMHO.

Glad her tiara seems to have caught up with her!

That tiara looks like it was bought in the girl’s toy section in Poundland surely Her Majesty could loan a better one.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex: wedding tiara may have been restyled!!!

She certainly deserves more than the three small triangles assembled from something else for her wedding. JMHO.

Glad her tiara seems to have caught up with her!

That tiara looks like it was bought in the girl’s toy section in Poundland surely Her Majesty could loan a better one.
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif
Tiara Alert! :D

Sophie was actually given her own tiara by the Queen

"For her 1999 wedding to the Earl of Wessex, Sophie was gifted a new tiara made from antique pieces."

These "antique pieces" were originally part of Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet.

"..the tiara is composed of four anthemion elements that were originally alternative pieces of Queen Victoria’s Regal Circlet. The circlet was made with a set of detachable fleur-de-lis, Maltese cross, and anthemion elements that could be swapped out and rearranged."

THE COUNTESS OF WESSEX'S WEDDING TIARA

The Countess of Wessex's Wedding Tiara | The Court Jeweller

It looks to me like the 'devil horns' ;) have been moved in closer, which I think does look better.

20190622_033233-jpg.189988

Attachments

• 20190622_033233.jpg
    20190622_033233.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 109
78D19145-5D97-4448-8BB2-62A7C1DA28A8.jpeg

1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif
Tiara Alert! :D

Sophie was actually given her own tiara by the Queen

"For her 1999 wedding to the Earl of Wessex, Sophie was gifted a new tiara made from antique pieces."

These "antique pieces" were originally part of Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet.

"..the tiara is composed of four anthemion elements that were originally alternative pieces of Queen Victoria’s Regal Circlet. The circlet was made with a set of detachable fleur-de-lis, Maltese cross, and anthemion elements that could be swapped out and rearranged."

THE COUNTESS OF WESSEX'S WEDDING TIARA

The Countess of Wessex's Wedding Tiara | The Court Jeweller

It looks to me like the 'devil horns' ;) have been moved in closer, which I think does look better.

20190622_033233-jpg.189988

Why was Sarah Ferguson allowed to keep her wedding tiara while Kate wasn’t?

Why was Sarah Ferguson allowed to keep her wedding tiara while Kate wasn’t?

Speaking of tiaras this was in the news yesterday.

I’m a huge Barbara Eden fan she is a lovely Lady who has had a lot of tragedy in her life. I Dream of Jeanine was funny but it hasn’t aged well and it could not be made today. I was shocked by how Mr. Hagman treated Ms. Eden because he was jealous of her success. Ms. Eden says Jeanine was an entity and not human so the show wasn’t sexist.
:D Total coincidence....
When Hollywood came to Sydney! Legendary TV actresses Barbara Eden and Barbara Feldon arrive in Australia ahead of the Supernova fan convention
15021036-0-image-a-11_1561016506768.jpg
Hollywood legends Barbara Eden and Barbara Feldon were spotted arriving at Sydney airport on Thursday ahead of the Supernova Comic Con.

The two actresses appeared to touch down separately, with both in seemingly good spirits, despite the long haul flight.

Eden, 87, found stardom with her role as Jeannie in the hit '60s sitcom, I Dream of Jeannie, alongside Larry Hagman.

Actresses Barbara Eden and Barbara Feldon arrive at Sydney airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member