Ward Francis Weaver Jr CA/OR/NV/WA

tchurch

Reaction score
Hello,

This post isn't about Ward Weaver III (known for murdering ashley pond and miranda gaddis in Oregon). This is about his father Ward Francis Weaver Jr who was also a murderer. He was a truck driver and is on death row in California for killing a man and his girlfriend Barbara Levoy in the 80's. The prosecutor in that case, Ron Shumaker, said Weaver's truck route matched with 26 unsolved hitchhiker homicides, but he was never charged with any of the other crimes. I was wondering if anyone knew Weaver's truck route, the years he had that route, or how to find that information? Also, if anyone knows which 26 unsolved murders he is linked with, I would really appreciate those names. Hope someone can help me find more information! Thank you!

Best of luck to you with this, might try news archives out of Oroville or Chico area and the Sac News Papers at the time. Never could find much, maybe a cold case team is working on some of them. I believe he lived in Butte County for some time.

Thank you! I’ll be sure to try those out. If his truck route matches, he’s totally a viable suspect in the Santa Rosa hitchhiker cases. They fit his MO. I thought about trying to get hold of Ron Shumaker and seeing if he wouldn’t mind helping me but I don’t want to be a bother.

Never hurts to reach out, never know if you don't try ! I wish I had more to help you ! Keep us posted when you can , please. Will do the same. Best of Luck !

I know this is coming late, but you can glean some information from his 2001 appeal.

Those other two dozen murders might have occurred in as many as seven different unnamed states.

He was in Vietnam 1968-69, and was already in San Quentin in July 1982. So his timeline would have been in between, probably mid-to-late 70's up until 1981-82.

He was living in Oroville when he murdered Levoy and Radford. He picked them up in Tehachapi. After killing Radford, he drove to the Bay Area, Oakland, and So. California to load and unload with Levoy in the truck, repeatedly raping her.

You might find more info in the document. I just scanned it briefly.

People v. Weaver - 26 Cal.4th 876 S004665 - Mon, 08/20/2001 | California Supreme Court Resources

Another court doc

Weaver v. Chappell, Case No.: 1:02-cv-05583 AWI | Casetext

Last edited:
Thank you !
You're welcome. I learned a little more about his time line, but can't find anything on his whereabouts from his return from Vietnam in Dec 1969 until about 1976, when he hit a woman, an acquaintance, in the head with a deadly weapon (a pipe I believe). For that crime he served time until 1979. The time of the Santa Rosa hitchhiker murders, 1972-75, is a big blank so far.

Appreciate it, lots of digging for little bits of info on this guy . Thanks for your time !

Weaver rental home on Middlehoff Rd in Thermalito Ca was foucus of search for remains under a concrete slab in the early 80s.
Hello,

This post isn't about Ward Weaver III (known for murdering ashley pond and miranda gaddis in Oregon). This is about his father Ward Francis Weaver Jr who was also a murderer. He was a truck driver and is on death row in California for killing a man and his girlfriend Barbara Levoy in the 80's. The prosecutor in that case, Ron Shumaker, said Weaver's truck route matched with 26 unsolved hitchhiker homicides, but he was never charged with any of the other crimes. I was wondering if anyone knew Weaver's truck route, the years he had that route, or how to find that information? Also, if anyone knows which 26 unsolved murders he is linked with, I would really appreciate those names. Hope someone can help me find more information! Thank you!

Very interesting.Has anyone found a connection between Weaver and Route 101?

Oroville lies along the most traveled north-south artery in northern California. Route 101 is a less traversed secondary artery. A truck driver living near I-5 would be most likely to drive that road.

Hello,

He is the SOB that murdered my sister in Barbara Levoy in 1981.
What's got into the state of California? I just read this article that they are going to take all the people that are on death row and put them where they can get more privileges. The sorry SOB that murdered my sister has been on death row for which will be 35 years in April. And he is still breathing...my sister isn't. And in 35 years only had one appeal. I called the governor's office in California and I was told they would pass the word and hung up. I also called the Kern County DA's office and they are ticked too. My call after that was the Bakersfield Californian and they are going to do a story. This newspaper has done several articles about my sister's murder in the past.
California to move hundreds of inmates off largest death row; ex-DA calls it 'slap to the face' of victims
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...X5JDKiQiBODPycXcnjebxNeS6sqDZr2Hv-Fz46hA9aebX

Hound those pettifogging bureaucrats, boblevoy.

My personal sticking point is the continued existence of Richard Allen Davis, who kidnapped, raped and murdered Polly Klaas. It's bad enough they aren't disposing of this human garbage...and now they want to make his life happier and more enjoyable. What next? Maid service on Death Row?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back