Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still coming back to the question some have stated: Why cross the creek?

If murder was his objective from the beginning he could have taken them east along the creek and killed them there rather than crossing. Did Abigail and Liberty make an attempt to run and he caught them on the other side? Did he know he could walk out through the cemetery or to the west of the cemetery, bypassing the trail, to get back to his car? Did he figure that searchers would concentrate on the trail or to the immediate sides of the trail and putting them there it would buy him time to leave the area?

Whatever he did, he didn't appear to waste much time. Liberty's father called her not long after this began (30-45 minutes) and Liberty didn't answer.

After listening to the audio, his tone and deepness of voice and his choice of words makes me think he is between mid thirties to mid forties in age and in some position of authority. Calling them "guys" and then ordering them down the hill reminds me of a school principal or coach. He's comfortable ordering kids around; he's not threatening, he's firm. I think he's used to dealing with kids on an authoritative basis.

BBM - Hiding in plain sight.

A lot of people feel that LE was appealing to a family member that was covering for BG. If BG was a juvenile at the time chances are he’d be living at home with mom and/or dad.

Maybe they were trying that route but not to a known family. It is perfectly clear, imo, they have no idea who they are seeking.

I see a goatee. I don’t think the new sketch looks like the image of BG on the bridge.

I have trouble reconciling the two. It doesn't look like the guy on the bridge to me, either. It does sort of go with my original theory, though. On the day the girls' bodies were found, my first thought was that other teenagers had killed them either through bullying or some kind of prank or dare gone wrong. I really thought they'd be looking for a small group of teens, with perhaps a young man (18-22) at the forefront. Then they released the video still of BG and said they were only looking for one man so I dropped that theory like a brick.

Drugs is a possibility. There is always a possibility this guy was on something and just tweaked. It's not brilliant at all to do what he did. In fact it wreaks of somebody who probably is addicted to drugs or alcohol. He is just so lucky nobody remembered him or recognized him by now.

I was so hopeful that they had the perp dna but I don’t think they do for the simple reason that every time they say that won’t release more it’s because they don’t want false confessions. If they had dna, a false confession would be exposed as soon as they compared, which makes me think there is nothing to compare it to.

Drugs is a possibility. There is always a possibility this guy was on something and just tweaked. It's not brilliant at all to do what he did. In fact it wreaks of somebody who probably is addicted to drugs or alcohol. He is just so lucky nobody remembered him or recognized him by now.

I could buy this. Using statistics alone when viewing crimes in my county/town the majority of those who commit crimes (from assault to public indecency) see perps who are under the influence of something.

I honestly believe that luck played a huge part in this crime. That, despite all the people there at that time, nobody saw anything happen and that he's gone on so long without identification must be partly based on luck. I don't think he's a criminal mastermind.

I'm still coming back to the question some have stated: Why cross the creek?

If murder was his objective from the beginning he could have taken them east along the creek and killed them there rather than crossing. Did Abigail and Liberty make an attempt to run and he caught them on the other side? Did he know he could walk out through the cemetery or to the west of the cemetery, bypassing the trail, to get back to his car? Did he figure that searchers would concentrate on the trail or to the immediate sides of the trail and putting them there it would buy him time to leave the area?

Whatever he did, he didn't appear to waste much time. Liberty's father called her not long after this began (30-45 minutes) and Liberty didn't answer.

My opinion, fwiw, is that they likely made a run for it across the creek and he caught them there. :(

ETA: But who really knows. Maybe that site looked good to him. But the water was so cold as we know.

My opinion, fwiw, is that they likely made a run for it across the creek and he caught them there. :(

ETA: But who really knows. Maybe that site looked good to him. But the water was so cold as we know.
yeah makes sense marg.
I also think the killer would have to have been covered in scratches, even though he appears to be layered up his face hands etc were exposed and in the winter those bare branches are severe and intensely overgrown and if he had to chase them for sure he copped some injuries simply from the terrain.

imo

I think BG could have been at this location with bad things lurking in his mind and then just by chance he notices the two girls and goes on to act on what he’s had going on in his mind for probably some time. JMOO I feel so bad that the girls families have had to go on this long with no real answers. My thoughts and prayers are with both girls families.

I think BG could have been at this location with bad things lurking in his mind and then just by chance he notices the two girls and goes on to act on what he’s had going on in his mind for probably some time. JMOO I feel so bad that the girls families have had to go on this long with no real answers. My thoughts and prayers are with both girls families.
It truly is a tragedy and I can only imagine what the families have to live through knowing the killer is still out there.

I'm not from the area so pardon my ignorance but is that bridge the girls were walking on, is that accessible through a main road or do you need to walk a distance into the woods to find it? I ask because if that were the case, BG would be in some way affiliated with the area or at least followed others in their prior to Abigail and Liberty.

I could buy this. Using statistics alone when viewing crimes in my county/town the majority of those who commit crimes (from assault to public indecency) see perps who are under the influence of something.

I honestly believe that luck played a huge part in this crime. That, despite all the people there at that time, nobody saw anything happen and that he's gone on so long without identification must be partly based on luck. I don't think he's a criminal mastermind.
I could buy this, too, but with hesitancy. It isn't something that shows itself clearly in his voice or while he's walking across the bridge. But we have very little to actually hear or see, so it's hard to tell.

And YES, I think luck played a huge part, as well. I'm not willing to give this guy any credit for planning and executing a perfect crime.

Last edited:

Pure luck, I so much agree. He’s not been caught because he simply does not stand out.

There is nothing unusual about his appearance. The video still/photo is to blury. The crime happened in a rural location, low density population.

He’s no genius, he’s just a low life loser that when finally caught, I hope for one thing only...death! I’m greatful that here in Indiana the death penalty is on the table!

I don’t want my tax dollars going to feed or house this piece of crap.

This is just so freakin frustrating!

Pure luck, I so much agree. He’s not been caught because he simply does not stand out.

There is nothing unusual about his appearance. The video still/photo is to blury. The crime happened in a rural location, low density population.

He’s no genius, he’s just a low life loser that when finally caught, I hope for one thing only...death! I’m greatful that here in Indiana the death penalty is on the table!

I don’t want my tax dollars going to feed or house this piece of crap

This is just so freakin frustrating!
BBM. This is clearly OT and I feel your pain but WRT your tax dollars, it costs more to enact the death penalty than it does to keep someone in prison for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell