Found Safe Mexico - Jessy Pacheco, 29, US citizen, friend he was with found dead, Guadalajara, 15 Jun 2019

in this situation it is very difficult to ask the police for help because they are well most of them at least connected to organized crime . so they tend to look the other way ...

Family of missing Van Buren man reaches out to FBI
"Pacheco graduated from Van Buren High School and from February 2015 to February 2017 worked as a surgical technician at Mercy Hospital Fort Smith. He shadowed Mercy doctors until February 2019 as part of his schooling, said Mercy spokesperson Todd Nighswonger.

“I ... want to thank all of my friends and family who came to my graduation and also those who had to watch it online. I appreciate every single one of you for always being supportive and there for me at all times. And to my classmates; we made it!! We finally became doctors and are ready for the next chapters in our careers. I wish you guys the best and look forward to working alongside with you in the future,” Pacheco posted on his Facebook page on June 14.

“It’s kind of scary,” Weaver said. “You think of someone from here, someone graduating high school here, in the medical field trying to be a doctor, and to be missing and the family not being able to get any details on it, being in a different country — it makes it tough, and it makes it tough on the investigation end as well.”

Family of missing Van Buren man reaches out to FBI
"Pacheco graduated from Van Buren High School and from February 2015 to February 2017 worked as a surgical technician at Mercy Hospital Fort Smith. He shadowed Mercy doctors until February 2019 as part of his schooling, said Mercy spokesperson Todd Nighswonger.

“I ... want to thank all of my friends and family who came to my graduation and also those who had to watch it online. I appreciate every single one of you for always being supportive and there for me at all times. And to my classmates; we made it!! We finally became doctors and are ready for the next chapters in our careers. I wish you guys the best and look forward to working alongside with you in the future,” Pacheco posted on his Facebook page on June 14.

“It’s kind of scary,” Weaver said. “You think of someone from here, someone graduating high school here, in the medical field trying to be a doctor, and to be missing and the family not being able to get any details on it, being in a different country — it makes it tough, and it makes it tough on the investigation end as well.”
So it seems he is a doctor and has completed internships and residency. I hope that is the reason he was taken and that he will be released unharmed.

Thank god he was found safe. I'm going with abducted by cartel to provide medical services.

In the late 70s back in El Salvador, this happened to my father, a surgical resident who was doing a rotation in a small village, multiple times. He complied and was returned safely every time.

Yeah Websleuthers! We are on a positive roll lately. Lots of missing cases turning into"Found Safe!" (At least the last several threads that I've been following.) Happy for Jessy and his family. Still so sad for Carlos, his friend.

Oh, I’m SO relieved to see he’s safe and on his way home! I was really pessimistic in light of how his friend was found.
I’m sure I’m just a sissy, but there’s not too many places I’d visit outside of the US right now. I’m most likely being ridiculous and overly paranoid. Jmo

So it seems he is a doctor and has completed internships and residency. I hope that is the reason he was taken and that he will be released unharmed.

No, actually I think he has not done either. EDIT: Now that I have seen the pic of him in regalia- I KNOW he has not done an internship or residency. Graduation is from med school (the four years during which one earns their MD). The business of him working as a surgical tech for two of the last four years (Feb 2015- Feb 2017) and then 'shadowing' a surgeon indicates he was not in a traditional regulated med school and likely would never be eligible for a residency or even licensure in the US. Residencies are starting next week (July 1 is the traditional annual start date in the US) and I think this whole affair reeks of 'fake med school'. MOO of course- but I have four decades of experience in the US healthcare system and specifically in teaching hospitals.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back