IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

Taylor may have been the culprit in the infamous Paul Fronczak stolen baby case in 1964. According to later reports in the Tribune, an ex-husband told the FBI she appeared one day in the mid-1960s with a newborn baby, despite not having been pregnant, and that a woman using one of Taylor’s aliases was at the hospital the day of the crime. An ex-boyfriend also told police he saw her wearing a white uniform, just as the kidnapper was reportedly wearing, the day the baby was abducted.

Is LT alive today? If not, when did she die? I am 100% certain that she is the kidnapper in Paul's case!

Satch

Attachments

• 557JCMMTLRF3ZK3WF6JOIE3MUM.jpg
    557JCMMTLRF3ZK3WF6JOIE3MUM.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Annotation 2019-06-22 215445.jpg
    Annotation 2019-06-22 215445.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 62
  • taylor_list.jpg
    taylor_list.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 53
He's been found!

Man stolen as a baby found living in Michigan 55 years after crime

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A man who was stolen as a baby 55 years ago has been found living in Michigan.

Back in 2013, 8NewsNow reported the astonishing tale about a Henderson man, Paul Fronczak, who discovered through a DNA test that he wasn’t the person he always thought he was.

Sources familiar with the investigation say an announcement is expected as soon as Thursday.

Now as I understand this:
  • "Birth Paul" kidnapped from hospital in 1964 is now found and living in Michigan.
  • The man thought to be "Paul" was named Jack and he has been found. "Jack" had a twin sister Jill, who is still missing. "Jack's" last real family name has been concealed to protect his privacy.
  • All we really don't know is the identity of the kidnapping "nurse", but a look through the thread there is a general idea of who this person could have been.
Satch

For the sake of clarity and because I think this latest news will attract new posters, I'm summarising the basics of the case and am referring to the two men involved as Bio Paul and Paul Jack - all will become clear, hopefully!

In 1964 newborn baby Paul Froczak was kidnapped from hospital by a bogus nurse, never to be seen again.

In 1965 a toddler was found in the street and, with the absence of DNA testing, it was eventually decided he must be Paul and in 1966 he was returned to the Fronczak family. He grew up knowing about the kidnapping as he found newspaper clippings about it.

As an adult Paul was suspicious he might not be "Bio Paul" and genetic testing confirmed this. So who was he really? And where was Bio Paul?

A few years ago it was discovered that Paul was actually a boy named Jack Rosenthal who had disappeared as a young child. Jack had a twin sister called Jill who disappeared at the same time and is still missing. The Rosenthal family was tracked down and Paul was reunited with them, though their identity has been kept a bit hush hush... the family was a bit of a mess by all accounts and the circumstances about the twin's disappearance is patchy.

Paul (from now on we'll call him Paul Jack) remains loyal to his adopted Fronczak family while getting to know the Rosenthal side of his family.

Fast forward to now and it seems "BIO PAUL" HAS BEEN FOUND! He is a 55 year old from Michigan and has been made aware of his true identity. More info to come this week.

A couple of links:

Good BBC report about the case from 2018:
The FBI said I was my parents' stolen baby

Paul Jack's blog about being The Foundling
https://www.foundlingpaul.com/

The official FB page
Who is Paul Fronczak?

Hope I got all that right, I've kept it as basic as possible as it's very confusing. Shout if I missed anything crucial.

Last edited:
Omg really? Wonder if it’s been through one of these genealogy sites. I really hope they make a film or documentary about this case as I still find it confusing!

I think as genealogy sites get involved more, folks are going to find more surprises. Just last week the television show that does genealogy that is called long-lost-family Unearthed a switched baby at the hospital situation. It appeared to have been purposefully done by one of the birth mothers as her baby had a heart condition and I think she wanted a healthy baby. So she switched the name tags of the babies while in the hospital. MOO. An interesting show to say the least as is This.

Indeed it will be interesting to find out more on this case.

Thanks to those for the recap for all us newbies. Cagney, very good recap but I don't understand who the woman is and how that relates that is not perhaps giving up her DNA?

Last edited:
I think as genealogy sites get involved more, folks are going to find more surprises. Just last week the television show that does genealogy that is called long-lost-family Unearthed a switched baby at the hospital situation. It appeared to have been purposefully done by one of the birth mothers as her baby had a heart condition and I think she wanted a healthy baby. So she switched the name tags of the babies while in the hospital. MOO. An interesting show to say the least as is This.

Indeed it will be interesting to find out more on this case.

Thanks to those for the recap for all us newbies. Cagney, very good recap but I don't understand who the woman is and how that relates that is not perhaps giving up her DNA?

Which woman, Dixie? If you mean Dora Fronczak I think she was initially reluctant to give her DNA because she was worried that the truth would prove Paul Jack wasn't biologically hers (which it did) . She probably just wanted things to stay as they were with the two boys she'd raised, even though she must have wondered over the decades if she'd been given the right baby back.

It's sad that Chester Fronczak died before finding out his bio son was alive and well all this time. I can't imagine how Dora will feel if she gets to meet him. This story has affected the people involved in such different ways, it's all very emotionally charged.

I was going to buy Paul Jack's book - The Foundling - but think I'll wait now until the full story gets published.

Excellent summary @CoverMeCagney Thank you!

Amazing that Bio Paul has been found after such a long time. Can't wait to hear the details. How was he found? How has his life been? Is the "nurse" still alive? His real mom must be on an emotional rollercoaster right now.

Wow!

For the sake of clarity and because I think this latest news will attract new posters, I'm summarising the basics of the case and am referring to the two men involved as Bio Paul and Paul Jack - all will become clear, hopefully!

In 1964 newborn baby Paul Froczak was kidnapped from hospital by a bogus nurse, never to be seen again.

In 1965 a toddler was found in the street and, with the absence of DNA testing, it was eventually decided he must be Paul and in 1966 he was returned to the Fronczak family. He grew up knowing about the kidnapping as he found newspaper clippings about it.

As an adult Paul was suspicious he might not be "Bio Paul" and genetic testing confirmed this. So who was he really? And where was Bio Paul?

A few years ago it was discovered that Paul was actually a boy named Jack Rosenthal who had disappeared as a young child. Jack had a twin sister called Jill who disappeared at the same time and is still missing. The Rosenthal family was tracked down and Paul was reunited with them, though their identity has been kept a bit hush hush... the family was a bit of a mess by all accounts and the circumstances about the twin's disappearance is patchy.

Paul (from now on we'll call him Paul Jack) remains loyal to his adopted Fronczak family while getting to know the Rosenthal side of his family.

Fast forward to now and it seems "BIO PAUL" HAS BEEN FOUND! He is a 55 year old from Michigan and has been made aware of his true identity. More info to come this week.

A couple of links:

The official FB page
Who is Paul Fronczak?

Hope I got all that right, I've kept it as basic as possible as it's very confusing. Shout if I missed anything crucial.

That’s some twists and turns alright, wow.

A couple of links:

The official FB page
Who is Paul Fronczak?

Yes, excellent summary! I'm so surprised that Bio Paul has been found and is still alive! He could have been adopted and died under his false name and it would have been so hard to figure that out after he was gone. I hope we get some new details soon-- maybe the police are still investigating? I was sad to read on Paul Jack's blog that his quest to find his birth identity has lead to a rift in his family. He says that after he did the DNA testing that for 3 years his parents and brother didn't speak to him and his wife divorced him. That's so sad and I struggle to understand it.

He's been found!

Man stolen as a baby found living in Michigan 55 years after crime

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A man who was stolen as a baby 55 years ago has been found living in Michigan.

Back in 2013, 8NewsNow reported the astonishing tale about a Henderson man, Paul Fronczak, who discovered through a DNA test that he wasn’t the person he always thought he was.

Sources familiar with the investigation say an announcement is expected as soon as Thursday.

I can’t read the article due to European GDPR regulations but thank you for posting this incredible news.

@Niner
@Wyle_E_Coyote
@Gardener1850
@gregjrichards
@HayLouise

Just tagging a few old timers on this thread. I'm pretty excited that Bio Paul has been found!

Just the whereabouts of Jill to solve, though I suspect it would be a less happy ending.

Thank you for alerting me by tagging me @CoverMeCagney I appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back