Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forensic classes COULD be simple coincidence...

But this also could tie into IMO LE saying the motive in the last press conference: that they know it's all about power with the perp...

A perp who plans to commit the perfect heinous crime - to elude LE, & the manner in which he eludes them (which only LE knows) - the manner of death (which only LE knows), whatever it is he did to the girls (didn't LE say something to the effect that Abby & Libby would not spend eternity as he left them...?? ODD)

Sounds like a perp who might be into forensics himself - not just some 'opportunity strikes' type

Regardless of the forensics classes - IMO I do take 'power' to be the perps motive as per LE & their PC....maybe that is NOT what LE meant...but it was a pretty darn specific statement
Does anyone know how Purdue runs its courses for younger teens? Are they more of a “camp” during the off-season and thought by a Professor and attended only by kids? Do any Purdue students assist with or attend the class?

My opinion, fwiw, is that they likely made a run for it across the creek and he caught them there. :(

ETA: But who really knows. Maybe that site looked good to him. But the water was so cold as we know.
The water was likely very cold and news clips later showed crime scene investigator walking up their waists (in waterproof insulated suits). I waded out up to my waist once in 40 degree weather to get the last duck I shot. It was getting dark and I had a half to 3/4 of a mile to get back to my car. Once I started jogging it wasn't as bad and I only felt the effects of the cold when I got in the car, just sitting still. This guy had a sunny day (it makes a BIG difference, believe me), but still he had to stop and do whatever he was going to do. Maybe whatever he planned to do he abandoned it going straight to murder or worked his plan much faster so he could start jogging back to his warm car.

The only thing I would add is they must include the surrounding areas, rural areas and places like Kokomo, West Lafayette, Lebanon and such. Big methamphetamine problem in that area involving locals from Delphi and those from surrounding communities that seem to cross paths. JMO
Very true !!!

/

Well IF he wore disguises that would be extra creepy and pretty suspicious to anyone seeing him. That would probably attract more attention to him, don't you think? I mean how hokey are disguises? LOL!
I do agree with this. I personally doubt he had an elaborate disguise (like with rubber mask or whathaveyou). IMO that would draw attention and would be unnecessary. Video looks to me like he’s just hunkered down with enough clothing and bulk around his face and head that he can swiftly pass by unrecognizable.

MOO.

The water was likely very cold and news clips later showed crime scene investigator walking up their waists (in waterproof insulated suits). I waded out up to my waist once in 40 degree weather to get the last duck I shot. It was getting dark and I had a half to 3/4 of a mile to get back to my car. Once I started jogging it wasn't as bad and I only felt the effects of the cold when I got in the car, just sitting still. This guy had a sunny day (it makes a BIG difference, believe me), but still he had to stop and do whatever he was going to do. Maybe whatever he planned to do he abandoned it going straight to murder or worked his plan much faster so he could start jogging back to his warm car.
I've wondered about this, too. Not to be uncouth, but if BG's intention was SA, than crossing a cold creek, especially if it was up to his waist, seems counterproductive to his own physical response...if you know what I mean.

Is there a spray OxyClean type product on the market ?.....If a perp sprayed this product all over a dead body, would it contaminate or destroy DNA left by the perp ?.....moo
I didn't even know being in the cleaning business. It's science. I just assumed it worked. So it's imo doubtful a murderer knows this. Bleach is the go to cleaner.

R.U.Kidding! said:
/

Well IF he wore disguises that would be extra creepy and pretty suspicious to anyone seeing him. That would probably attract more attention to him, don't you think? I mean how hokey are disguises? LOL!

That may be why the girls were initially concerned about him.
If he had experience in wearing something like that, he could have put it on his head easy like a beanie, I think. He just did it perhaps, when entering the bridge. MOO

And by extension, Purdue University. 43k students, 3k academic staff, unknown number of support staff...

We keep hearing Delphi is a tiny town of 3,000. But knowing there are 50,000+ people just 19 miles away completely changes my perspective. Delphi is not a bubble. The bridge and trails seem like a place many college students might check out. A 20 minute drive to leave the university setting for a small rural town with a nature area is nothing. And with students from all over the world, lots of people could be familiar with the area but not from Delphi. Wow. I feel like this is a whole new case now.
Interesting thought. Heidi Childs and David Metzler were murdered in a rural spot 15 miles from campus that was commonly used by VA Tech students. The Monon High Bridge is only 24 miles from Perdue. Now I don't see this as a common spot for students, but with 43K students there might be a few that might come here. Although in the middle of the week? I guess it is possible if their classes were over for the day. As far as a place to go for Perdue students I would think the closer Prophetstown State Park would be the place to go for more of them.

No, not immune from criminals at all. Plus think of the traffic a large uni draws. Guest speakers, conferences, sports fans, people interviewing for jobs, prospective students! Thousands of people in and out. And also a decent reason to be in the area, even if one never stepped foot on campus.
And visitors. Such as a non-student visiting a friend or his girl friend. Yes, now we are expanding beyond 43K persons.

I'll admit: thread a bit slow: come on folks! I keep updating to read all your brilliant thoughts...guess it IS a Sunday Summer day....

So, guess I'll just say this: maybe perp does take classes, fit into some theories of mine: either he is from Delphi, or during the course of his studies, has/had made those trails 'his own'...maybe even been prepping for this crime for awhile....

I think the press conference was about trying to flush out the quarry from the bushes: ie, they hope the perp or those who know will panic, make a mistake...or simply come forward because they believe LE is coming for them...

JMO

Looking forward to the day he has been incarcerated. I can just imagine some high profile lawyer will want to represent him as this will be a very watched case.

They’ll want a change of venue declaring they can’t get a fair trial in Carroll County. They’ll blame the victims and use all the stupid rumors out there to support their claims.

They’ll say he’s a poor little baby that didn’t have a good life and therefore the jury is to believe he shouldn’t be punished....we’ve all seen it before

IMO, I couldn’t even imagine a trial happening. He would plead guilty to avoid the death penalty because he is a coward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth