Found Deceased PA - Haley Lorenzen, 24, Wyoming County, 30 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

I may take a nice slow drive up along the river this coming week and see what I can see. Even though I pretty much grew up in Northeastern PA, I have never been to Falls Township in my life.

I did find this video of a drone flyover of the area from 2 years ago:

I currently live downriver near Pittston PA and I can tell you there are several islands with an awful lot of debris on them just past here and I was driving along the river yesterday and made a comment to my girlfriend about some plastic I could see from the road on one of the biggest ones...

Here is a drone video of the Pittston area of the Susquehanna:

I am wondering if she is stuck somewhere in between Falls and Pittston, beyond the point they are searching.

This river freaks me out. And is it just me, or is that fire chief pretty ignorant in every video he has been in? Geesh.

Edit: The island I am referring to can be seen on Google Maps and is called "Wintermoot Island". Further down there are larger islands called Monocanock and Culver Islands. There are several unnamed islands between Falls Township and Pittston though which would probably be a lot more likely but with the current, who really knows?

Last edited:
I may take a nice slow drive up along the river this coming week and see what I can see. Even though I pretty much grew up in Northeastern PA, I have never been to Falls Township in my life.

I currently live downriver near Pittston PA and I can tell you there are several islands with an awful lot of debris on them just past here and I was driving along the river yesterday and made a comment to my girlfriend about some plastic I could see from the road on one of the biggest ones...

I am wondering if she is stuck somewhere in between Falls and Pittston, beyond the point they are searching.

This river freaks me out. And is it just me, or is that fire chief pretty ignorant in every video he has been in? Geesh.

Edit: The island I am referring to can be seen on Google Maps and is called "Wintermoot Island". Further down there are larger islands called Monocanock and Culver Islands. There are several unnamed islands between Falls Township and Pittston though which would probably be a lot more likely but with the current, who really knows?
Yeah, those are the islands I am thinking of. Once you get down to Pittston and Exeter the river really opens up. Pretty much once you get to where the Lackawanna comes in just west of Duryea it becomes probably an impossible task to find her in the river and hope she ended up near the banks or the bridges.

With any luck they will find her soon. If not, perhaps when fishing season opens someone might see something.

Not to be morbid but does anyone know if the cooperating witness said they threw her body off of the Falls bridge intact or if they cut her up? For some reason I thought they dismembered her body all along but now I can't find any mention of it. The reason I ask is because a fisherman found two female legs in a different branch of the Susquehanna river this week. Obviously it's not Haley since that branch flows into the main Susquehanna river and not vice versa...but it made me re-visit the old news stories and I couldn't find anything on the state of her body when they put her in the river.

Not to be morbid but does anyone know if the cooperating witness said they threw her body off of the Falls bridge intact or if they cut her up? For some reason I thought they dismembered her body all along but now I can't find any mention of it. The reason I ask is because a fisherman found two female legs in a different branch of the Susquehanna river this week. Obviously it's not Haley since that branch flows into the main Susquehanna river and not vice versa...but it made me re-visit the old news stories and I couldn't find anything on the state of her body when they put her in the river.
According to his other woman they had wrapped her body and then weighed it down with walmart plastic bags with rocks in them and tossed her body into the river from the bridge in Falls.

You're right about all the places for a body to get hung up in that stretch of the river. I fished that river every day in the summer from Wyoming all the way up to Tunkhannock growing up and I was a West Pittston policeman for many years. Every summer we have a drowning or two and the bodies rarely ever make it more than a few hundred feet downstream when they're found. In addition to the islands and other debris accumulations, the stretch from the Appletree Road boat launch in Harding down to about Scoville's island near the West Pittston cemetery has some NASTY underwater whirlpools. We would usually find bodies at the bottom of one of those pools. I can't think of any bodies during my career that even made it down to Wyoming and none of them were weighted down. The problem is that there is almost zero visibility in that river and most searches are conducted by feel in a grid pattern. Even with Sonar tools, searching that stretch of river and checking out every ping on the monitor would be a monumental task. To me it's one of those things where she will eventually be found, I just hope it's sooner rather than later. Especially if they end up having to try him before the body is found, he gets found not guilty, and then after she is found there's no chance of a re-trial because of Double Jeopardy. Hopefully this summer, with the amount of people who fish along that stretch of the river, someone will finally be able to bring her home.

You're right about all the places for a body to get hung up in that stretch of the river. I fished that river every day in the summer from Wyoming all the way up to Tunkhannock growing up and I was a West Pittston policeman for many years. Every summer we have a drowning or two and the bodies rarely ever make it more than a few hundred feet downstream when they're found. In addition to the islands and other debris accumulations, the stretch from the Appletree Road boat launch in Harding down to about Scoville's island near the West Pittston cemetery has some NASTY underwater whirlpools. We would usually find bodies at the bottom of one of those pools. I can't think of any bodies during my career that even made it down to Wyoming and none of them were weighted down. The problem is that there is almost zero visibility in that river and most searches are conducted by feel in a grid pattern. Even with Sonar tools, searching that stretch of river and checking out every ping on the monitor would be a monumental task. To me it's one of those things where she will eventually be found, I just hope it's sooner rather than later. Especially if they end up having to try him before the body is found, he gets found not guilty, and then after she is found there's no chance of a re-trial because of Double Jeopardy. Hopefully this summer, with the amount of people who fish along that stretch of the river, someone will finally be able to bring her home.
I am surprised that they haven't at least picked a likely spot or two downstream to take a look. I know they only went so far the last time as they were up off of 92 but I don't think they came down as far as Pittston. With all the rain, the river is probably more of a beast for a little longer. I really thought she would get snagged up near one of the banks and one of the fishermen would come across her. Or a canoeist or kayaker.

I am surprised that they haven't at least picked a likely spot or two downstream to take a look. I know they only went so far the last time as they were up off of 92 but I don't think they came down as far as Pittston. With all the rain, the river is probably more of a beast for a little longer. I really thought she would get snagged up near one of the banks and one of the fishermen would come across her. Or a canoeist or kayaker.

Yes I have to agree. I'm shocked they haven't done a more thorough search this spring/summer. I only saw them searching in the Falls/Harding area with a very light search presence down toward Pittston and below. They may have been waiting for the weather to break and the river to go down, but you're right it's about time to get on with it. Something about the whole search effort just seems a little bit off to me. Like there's something they know that they're not making public. Obviously that's just speculation on my part though. I do agree now that it's warm out and the water level eventually drops and becomes more calm, more things will end up being revealed and a fisherman or kayaker will hopefully find something. In the mean time I really do hope they continue with some more intense searches. I can't even imagine if that was a member of my family.

Yes I have to agree. I'm shocked they haven't done a more thorough search this spring/summer. I only saw them searching in the Falls/Harding area with a very light search presence down toward Pittston and below. They may have been waiting for the weather to break and the river to go down, but you're right it's about time to get on with it. Something about the whole search effort just seems a little bit off to me. Like there's something they know that they're not making public. Obviously that's just speculation on my part though. I do agree now that it's warm out and the water level eventually drops and becomes more calm, more things will end up being revealed and a fisherman or kayaker will hopefully find something. In the mean time I really do hope they continue with some more intense searches. I can't even imagine if that was a member of my family.
It may take her family hiring or finding an outfit that does water searches and see if they want to give it a go. I know one of the cases on WS, out of Kansas City where the family paid to bring in a search outfit that ended up finding their daughter in her car in the Missouri river on their first day out after weeks of efforts by the city/state.

Ironically, I was just talking about this on Reddit, though regarding the other branch. I only know of one in the last 20 years, Michael Davis Jeffreys, in 11/2005, across the river from Danville, in Riverside. He was alive when he went in. Danville teen still missing, after fall from bridge
He could have gone a long way since that story says the river was up - if he made it over the dam. If he didn't then he would end up churning at the base of the dam, then buried in sediment. Not sure if any dredging has been done at Shamokin Dam in the time since he disappeared. It is something that is avoided if possible along the Susquehanna. But if they had or will do so in the future, I hope they check what is pulled out for bones.

I follow the group on Facebook and I know her family was in from Oregon either this week or last (I can't recall) so I'm assuming they did a search because they mentioned the river still being high and them (not sure who, if it was PD or someone they hired) not having any luck in the search.

I believe her aunt runs that page and she has been posting more frequently as of late.

Ironically, I was just talking about this on Reddit, though regarding the other branch. I only know of one in the last 20 years, Michael Davis Jeffreys, in 11/2005, across the river from Danville, in Riverside. He was alive when he went in. Danville teen still missing, after fall from bridge

Oh wow, I didn't know that kid was still missing. That's crazy. The legs in the West Branch (not the river Haley was allegedly thrown in, for people just joining the discussion) this week were supposedly female with painted toenails so I'm really curious to see who else may be missing in that area. The article said the legs appeared to be intentionally cut with a hacksaw or similar blade so it's going to be a homicide case.

Oh wow, I didn't know that kid was still missing. That's crazy. The legs in the West Branch (not the river Haley was allegedly thrown in, for people just joining the discussion) this week were supposedly female with painted toenails so I'm really curious to see who else may be missing in that area. The article said the legs appeared to be intentionally cut with a hacksaw or similar blade so it's going to be a homicide case.

Where were the legs found?

Accused murderer charged with child *advertiser censored*

The Wyoming County man accused of killing his live-in girlfriend last December, and then throwing her body into the Susquehanna River is now facing child *advertiser censored* charges.

According to a criminal complaint filed by Wyoming County Chief Detective David A. Ide, when Walters was arrested Jan. 9 in the disappearance of his girlfriend Haley Maree Lorenzen, his cell phone, a Galaxy Note 8, was seized.

In the course of searching that phone, the State Police Computer Crime Laboratory in Hanover Township did a forensic analysis, and among text messages, call logs, contact lists, and screen shots were several thousand thumbnail images with at least five indicative of child *advertiser censored* “which included pre-pubescent minor females and minor females engaged in prohibited sexual acts.”

A further scan by the FBI Scranton field office revealed images of child *advertiser censored* downloaded on Walters’ cell phone on eight separate occasions between Nov. 25 and Dec. 26, 2018.

Police: body found in river

Jul 20, 2019

[...]
Caution tape and emergency responders are not what people living near the Susquehanna River in Plymouth expected to see Saturday afternoon.

“This is a very quiet street. Hardly anything happens on this street,” Barbara Duddy, who lives on Beade Street said.

But that changed in a hurry after a kayaker called 911 reporting a deadly discovery along the shoreline near the Plymouth/Larksville line.

“All we know at this time was that a body was recovered in the river,” Plymouth Police Department patrolman Ryan Zielinski said.

Responders stayed on scene for about two hours. They could not tell us how long ago the victim had been deceased but word at the scene is that the death did not appear to have happened recently.

[...]

No word yet on when an autopsy will be done. This is still an open investigation being led by state police.

Saturday’s discovery comes seven months after a murder victim was reportedly thrown into the Susquehanna River in Wyoming County. The body of Haley Lorenzen was never recovered which was raising speculation Saturday night if the human remains could be hers.

Police: body found in river

BBM.

Unidentified Thread: PA - PA - Body in Susquehanna River near Bridge St, Plymouth, 20 July 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back