Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
@yellowmoose

I was wondering if there were any new items Kenzie recently received or bought that stood out to you like hand bags, jewelry, clothes, shoes....is she usually dolled up with hair freshly colored, nails done?
(eyelash extensions have already been discussed)

Does she carry cash around or pay for friend's meals etc when out and about?

I was curious about other dating apps like sugar babies where girls date older men that spoil them in return for their company etc.

MOO and speculation only

From above:

“One thing that we wanted to talk about is she texted her family she landed at the airport, said Ashley Fine, a friend of Mackenzie’s. “She wouldn’t have done that if she purposely wanted to disappear.””

I said the exact same thing. Just sayin.

I've thought the same. It seems bizarre that she would let them know she made it safely if she had the intention of cutting off contact and "taking a break" per se. If that were her intention (which I do not think it is) it would seem to me that she would just take off after that plane ride and not reach out to her parents.

Yeah... I'm not liking any of this.

Mainly because I see little to no reason that the woman thus described, would voluntarily be in any type of situation considered "good"; and yet not have considered that she should be in touch with a friend or family member.

Not trying to be a pessimist here but it seems like a clear case of Occam's Razor. If ML wasn't talking to people because she was, let's carry this to its most outrageous conclusion, not being in touch with people for a happy reason, like if she eloped with some near-stranger without telling her family; only the most callous person in the world would fail to reach out to friends and family and assure them that she is OK.

I fear very much that this means she is someplace where she is either unable or unavailable to reach out to said friends and family members. :(

Reddit is not an approved source in this case. We cannot verify information posted on reddit; therefore, we have to treat most things posted on reddit as rumor and rumors are not allowed here.

From above:

“One thing that we wanted to talk about is she texted her family she landed at the airport, said Ashley Fine, a friend of Mackenzie’s. “She wouldn’t have done that if she purposely wanted to disappear.””

Wondering if the timing matched up exactly (or close to) when she landed because anyone could have sent that text.

I've thought the same. It seems bizarre that she would let them know she made it safely if she had the intention of cutting off contact and "taking a break" per se. If that were her intention (which I do not think it is) it would seem to me that she would just take off after that plane ride and not reach out to her parents.

Yes, I had brought that up a couple times, and in one good response a poster mentioned something about perhaps Kenzie was possibly “buying time”...that of course leans towards the theory of a voluntary disappearance. I hope this is the case but I lean more in the direction of her being in trouble vs. not being in trouble.

Again LE’s lack of emphasizing the potentially endangered aspect, as opposed to how we’ve seen in other cases, again leads me to believe they are doing their own investigation and do not want to tip their hand. Jmo.

Last edited:
Wondering if the timing matched up exactly (or close to) when she landed because anyone could have sent that text.

This is something that law enforcement would know.

Kenzie’s parents have a record of when they received that text, and LE has a record of that Lyft trip.

If it was sent AFTER Lyft dropped her off, then it’s entirely possible that she did not send it.

Right now though, I’m convinced she did send it herself.

She would be a senior and she was taking summer classes - so she might be trying to speed along the process to graduation.

Thank you! Just wondering if she is planning to be on campus in the fall, or is looking at big changes in employment and possibly moving house in the next couple of months.

Do you know if she lives in an apartment or in her sorority house?

It's not against the LDS religion to date outside of their members. It's not something they advise but it doesn't break any rules per say.
Thanks I was thinking about when Jodi Arias was dating her murdered victim poor Travis Alexander who was Mormon. Killer Jodi went through what ever you do to be a Mormon I guess she thought Travis would marry her if she did. I know the other GF’s he had were Morman so I wasn’t sure if it was frowned upon.

Thank you! Just wondering if she is planning to be on campus in the fall, or is looking at big changes in employment and possibly moving house in the next couple of months.

Do you know if she lives in an apartment or in her sorority house?

No, she doesn't live in the sorority house. For the time that I knew her she never has. She does have what I would call a difficult major (kinesiology) so retaking a class or two or taking longer to graduate definitely isn't unheard of. Especially with taking summer classes.

Here’s my pie chart for how I think this could turn out, JMO and MOO of course.

60% - MP (missing person) has encountered FP

30% - Voluntary Disappearance / Alive

1o% - Suicide

(Somewhere around there, anyway)

Last edited:
Here’s my pie chart for how I think this could turn out, JMO and MOO of course.

50% - MP has encountered FP

25% - Voluntary Disappearance

25% - Suicide

I’m at about 80% voluntary, and 20% foul play.

Right now, law enforcement should have evidence of something nefarious happening, if it exists.

At the very least, they should have suspicions that elevate the seriousness of this whole thing.

Alarm bells should be going off, and their words and actions should reflect this (I’d expect a press conference).

I’m not seeing that.

I still think they have evidence to the contrary, and it’s just a matter of figuring out where she is.

If not, they’ve completely dropped the ball.

Yes, I had brought that up a couple times, and in one good response a poster mentioned something about perhaps Kenzie was possibly “buying time”...that of course leans towards the theory of a voluntary disappearance. I hope this is the case but I lean more in the direction of her being in trouble vs. not being in trouble.

Again LE’s lack of emphasizing the danger, as opposed to how we’ve seen them say on other cases, again leads me to believe they are doing their own investigation and do not want to tip their hand. Jmo.

I think so too. IMO LE is deliberating holding back info so they don’t compromise the investigation. I hope I’m wrong but I’ve had the feeling that foul play was involved from the beginning. I’m afraid Kenzie got caught up in something that took a dangerous turn.

Interestingly and side note....one of the starters of #callherdaddy was from Utah:

Sofia Franklyn is 27 years old and grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah. Although Utah is known for its heavy Mormonism, Sofia is not a Mormon. She began her career by writing for Barstool Sports, which eventually landed her creating the Call Her Daddy podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong