Status
Not open for further replies.
And still quite content to be seen when not so much ... :D
queen-elizabeth-casual-dresses-2017-2018-0.png

hm-queen-elizabeth-ii-wearing-a-headscarf-and-rain-coat-at-the-royal-BBA91P.jpg

I love this ;)
GettyImages-52100902.jpg

At home just being 'Grannie'
TELEMMGLPICT000141192274_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqoJJHhb3D7LaAIMnAZ9B6ahm2zc3bi4LsVn0f8N11ZQQ.jpeg

Bonus pic - Not very often seen wearing trousers
(I think she still looks very smart in these :) )
15c4a2b5a85231cf593b2ad122b54ad2.jpg

Wow! Who knew! I often look like the queen!

I’m so surprised to see her using a cane in the pants picture. She amazes and worries me that she doesn’t use one when she’s out and about. A fall at her age can end up being fatal.
She had just had surgery and was leaving the hospital. :)

Queen Elizabeth II leaves King Edward VII hospital with a cane and an aid after a knee operation to remove torn cartilage from her right knee.
January 14, 2003 London

-
description of photo from Getty Images -

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II leaves King Edward VII hospital with a... News Photo - Getty Images

Scarf with her head! Shock as polo-goer's clothing blows into the Queen's face at Royal Windsor Show (but Her Majesty is less ruffled than Gillian Anderson)

This is the kind of thing that would happen to me if I ever met Her Majesty.
tenor.gif

The Horror, The Horror
20190624_024705-jpg.190270

Attachments

• 20190624_024705.jpg
    20190624_024705.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 129
Our Australian currency features the queen on every note and coin.
Many throughout the world will have the same problem when she passes the crown to Charles.
I wonder if an amount of money has been already produced and sitting ready for the changeover.
I'd never thought about that. What a great question.

All British currency has the Queens portrait on it.
We're currently in the process of issuing new polymer banknotes, so far we've got the £5 & £10 notes with £20 due next year (2020) followed by £50 :confused: so your post got me curious :D ...

aaa642af3086fa54bdfebab71bacc954.jpg

British currency bears images of the monarch, and the portraits of Charles will already have been made in preparation.

New currency will be printed and minted immediately.

The entire stock of currency won't be replaced overnight, however, but take several years, much like how older notes and coins are gradually removed from circulation today.

I imagine Australia will be more or less the same?

The death of Queen Elizabeth will be one of the most disruptive events in Britain in the past 70 years

I'd never thought about that. What a great question.

All British currency has the Queens portrait on it.
We're currently in the process of issuing new polymer banknotes, so far we've got the £5 & £10 notes with £20 due next year (2020) followed by £50 :confused: so your post got me curious :D ...

aaa642af3086fa54bdfebab71bacc954.jpg

British currency bears images of the monarch, and the portraits of Charles will already have been made in preparation.

New currency will be printed and minted immediately.

The entire stock of currency won't be replaced overnight, however, but take several years, much like how older notes and coins are gradually removed from circulation today.

I imagine Australia will be more or less the same?

The death of Queen Elizabeth will be one of the most disruptive events in Britain in the past 70 years

The changeover will be a very expensive exercise so if you are in the process of issuing new polymer banknotes with the Queen on them I’d be suggesting to hold off maybe a few years.
Unless the queen intends ruling until she’s 100.

It might be a good idea to start collecting a few new Queen notes & coins now for the great-grand kiddies.

Unless the queen intends ruling until she’s 100.

It might be a good idea to start collecting a few new Queen notes & coins now for the great-grand kiddies.
Well hopefully, she has got her Mom's stamina & strong genes :D

(possibly even passed down from Great-Great<?> Grandma as Philip also seems to have 'IT' ;) lol)

* New issues of banknotes are usually only produced every 20 years? I think that's maybe pushing it :p

I have been flipping thru the link posted above that shows hundreds of photos of Diana’s outfits thru the years. There are so many that it has literally taken me days to view all of the looks that she wore and that’s just the beginning! What a wardrobe she had available to her!

It’s so interesting to see how she started out wearing multi-colors, bows, sashes, poofy, oversized looks and really didn’t look very comfortable at all.

As time went on you can see how she found what looked great on her and she stuck with it. She rocked the little black dresses and wore the form fitting, simple styles that looked anything but simple on her. This woman could really wear clothes and in her last few years she learned what worked for her and stuck with it. As stated above, she looked better than ever in her last few years and you can see that she felt comfortable being the style icon she had become. Absolutely stunning.

View attachment 190312 View attachment 190313

Has Meghan redesigned her engagement ring? Eagle-eyed royal watchers spot that the Duchess' glittering trio of diamonds are set on a thinner band than the one Harry chose

Has Meghan Markle redesigned her engagement ring? | Daily Mail Online
The engagement ring looks exactly the same to me?? :confused: The band was always 'thin'
Only difference is she's now wearing her wedding & 'eternity':rolleyes: rings as well.
Maybe I better get myself down to the Opticians
5de4f357a33070c092791b7d15779e44--smiley-faces-smileys.jpg

D9B32A5C-8BFB-4B9C-B0E9-5B871C336AB9.jpeg 9638C448-CCFE-4E77-B59C-E15BBC30D620.jpeg

The engagement ring looks exactly the same to me?? :confused: The band was always 'thin'
Only difference is she's now wearing her wedding & 'eternity':rolleyes: rings as well.
Maybe I better get myself down to the Opticians
5de4f357a33070c092791b7d15779e44--smiley-faces-smileys.jpg

The engagement ring now has a band with tiny diamonds in it. These pictures are clearer.

Last edited:
Teacher at Prince George's School Is Engaged to Prince William's Friend | Xfinity

Prince George...the matchmaker?

Lucy Lanigan-O'Keeffe, the assistant head teacher at Thomas' Battersea School in southwest London, where the 5-year-old royal is enrolled, is engaged to his dad Prince William's longtime friend Thomas van Straubenzee, the Sunday Times reported.

The newspaper said van Straubenzee, who is also Princess Charlotte's godfather, proposed last week to Lanigan-O'Keeffe, who teaches outdoor learning and mindfulness at the school...

:D Thank you (bi-focals on hold)
Yes the diamonds set in the 'band' are clear in that pic.
Maybe so they all 'sit' together snuggly?

(Or the original was getting a bit 'tight' during pregnancy ;) )
That's a good point, I had to get my engagement ring cut off my finger (from swelling, not pregnancy) and then reset.
It might also be a thinner band to make it more comfortable wearing a third ring.

That's a good point, I had to get my engagement ring cut off my finger (from swelling, not pregnancy) and then reset.
It might also be a thinner band to make it more comfortable wearing a third ring.

Some of my friends took off their Rings during the last stages of their pregnancy. Can you imagine the hoopla that would have caused with Daily Mail and all the rags if she was seen without her wedding ring at the end of her pregnancy!

Bombshell! ( these are just examples folks of what the rags could say)

Signs that Prince Harry and Meghan are getting divorced?

... never mind, I could come up with so many that I don't want to bait the thread with silly stuff like the tabloids do at your checkout.

Some of my friends took off their Rings during the last stages of their pregnancy. Can you imagine the hoopla that would have caused with Daily Mail and all the rags if she was seen without her wedding ring at the end of her pregnancy!

Bombshell! ( these are just examples folks of what the rags could say)

Signs that Prince Harry and Meghan are getting divorced?

... never mind, I could come up with so many that I don't want to bait the thread with silly stuff like the tabloids do at your checkout.
I can see the headlines now, sources say 'Meghan flings wedding ring at Harry, tell's him it's over' trusted friend reveals 'Harry gives into friends and divorces Meghan so he can go back to being a party animal' Hollywood insider claims 'Meghan to divorce Harry, return to Suits imminent!'

I could write for the Enquirer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member