Recovered/Located MI - Alice Phillips, 41, left for a walk, Commerce Township, 21 Jun 2019 *may be suicidal*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
65157726_2576217619079246_1956895195794505728_n.jpg

MISSING PERSON: The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office is requesting the assistance of the public in locating Alice Phillips of Commerce Twp. On Friday, June 21, 2019, Alice went for a walk and never returned home. Alice was last seen wearing a blue and grey sweatshirt, blue jeans, is 5’3” tall, 120 pounds and has shoulder length auburn hair. She also has a large tattoo of a rose with a top hat on the upper arm. The OCSO continues to search for the missing subject. Anyone with any information is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 248-858-4911.

Oakland County Sheriff's Office

Phillips’ husband said she had been holding his gun and a single bullet before she left their home, apparently for a walk.

He told deputies he managed to retrieve the weapon. Then, within minutes, she went for a walk.

He wasn’t alarmed because she frequently walks during the evening.

When she failed to return home, he told deputies he called 9-1-1. His wife had left their home without her cell phone, house keys, personal identification cards, money or credit cards.

Police search for Commerce Township woman missing since Friday

The husband had checked his wife’s computer and discovered that she had visited internet sites describing how to hang yourself using an electrical cord, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Police search for missing Commerce Township woman

BBM
He retrieved the weapon from her, and minutes later, he told police, she went for a walk. She frequently takes a walk in the evening, he said, so he did not become alarmed. When she failed to return home, the husband became concerned and called 911 the following morning.

Hinky meter ringing loudly....

After being diagnosed with depression, why would she be allowed to leave on a walk ALONE minutes after being found "holding husband's gun and one bullet" that he managed to retrieve from her? Could she not be convinced to stay? Or, at the very least followed to ensure her safety? And no call to the police until morning?

MOO....Here we go again....I hope that I have to eat crow.

BBM

Hinky meter ringing loudly....

After being diagnosed with depression, why would she be allowed to leave on a walk ALONE minutes after being found "holding husband's gun and one bullet" that he managed to retrieve from her? Could she not be convinced to stay? Or, at the very least followed to ensure her safety? And no call to the police until morning?

MOO....Here we go again....I hope that I have to eat crow.
I read this here in Motown this morning. I just stopped following Dulos and Mackenzie threads and thought I was done getting frustrated following such sad news. KJ beat me to the punch-I was gonna post a new thread for this poor soul, and for the same reasons KJ Mamu gave. I hope the poor woman is found soon safe. I can't buy the husband story - no way I have a unlocked gun , he knew she was depressed and not taking meds, if true story- I argue her ental state puts her in a protected status class-like a child unable to do things for themselves- and the spouse grownup gives her access to his gun?

I know her as a customer. Her husband has a traumatic brain injury, and she struggles with depression and anxiety, especially after her car accident. However, I agree that this seems odd. Alice is one of the sweetest people anyone could meet, always tries to brighten your day, and loves her kids. This is so sad. I hope she is found safe.

I know her as a customer. Her husband has a traumatic brain injury, and she struggles with depression and anxiety, especially after her car accident. However, I agree that this seems odd. Alice is one of the sweetest people anyone could meet, always tries to brighten your day, and loves her kids. This is so sad. I hope she is found safe.

Just curious.
If the husband has a traumatic brain injury why does he have a gun in the home? I don’t know anything about these people but ANYONE with a traumatic brain injury should NOT have a gun in their home PERIOD! My opinion but I believe it should be law!
Also, if he has a traumatic brain injury and she suffers from depression why is there no one coming to check in on them!? I don’t know, something just doesn’t sound quite right with this story. There is just something missing or something off. However, my opinion.
Any “locals” have any information?

I’m thinking that trying to care for him might be challenging and hoping that part of her treatment plan involves some assistance with that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back