Found Safe Mexico - Jessy Pacheco, 29, US citizen, friend he was with found dead, Guadalajara, 15 Jun 2019

I’m starting to think this case had nothing to do with narcos and/or kidnapping. My brother worked as the plant manager of an important American company in Sinaloa, Mexico during the 90s. His predecessor was kidnapped for ransom and made to take drugs for a week while waiting for the company to pay the ransom. He didn’t forget anything. Some of it was hazy but he remembered the who, what, where and when once he was back in the States. Every situation is different though. Hopefully JP will regain some of his memory in the coming days.

I’m starting to think this case had nothing to do with narcos and/or kidnapping. My brother worked as the plant manager of an important American company in Sinaloa, Mexico during the 90s. His predecessor was kidnapped for ransom and made to take drugs for a week while waiting for the company to pay the ransom. He didn’t forget anything. Some of it was hazy but he remembered the who, what, where and when once he was back in the States. Every situation is different though. Hopefully JP will regain some of his memory in the coming days.

Agree. I just hope he had nothing to do with the death of his friend.

I haven’t been able to watch the video yet - but watching the faces and body movements - something is very strange.

Blacked out for a week? Where was he found? In an alley somewhere or did someone drop him off at his home?

If he had blacked out for a week, with no food/water/etc - he didn’t go to the hospital but managed to get his $hit together to gather his passport and clothes and board a plane. Plus get thru security.

I haven’t been able to watch the video yet - but watching the faces and body movements - something is very strange.

Blacked out for a week? Where was he found? In an alley somewhere or did someone drop him off at his home?

If he had blacked out for a week, with no food/water/etc - he didn’t go to the hospital but managed to get his $hit together to gather his passport and clothes and board a plane. Plus get thru security.

I'd love to see some CCTV of him at both airports.

I would think getting him checked out at a hospital in the US as soon as he got here would have been a priority?

Check to see what drugs the kidnappers used to keep him in a week long “blacked out” condition?

The kidnappers must have fed him and kept him hydrated.

Last edited:
Is Jessy's family going after the kidnappers to extract justice ?
When they left the nightclub-- were they alone, just the two of them ?
Or were some unknown people --men or women-- observed with them ?

My first thought was that they were going to score some drugs -- but in that case, wouldn't both of them be dead ?
How did he black out and lose days worth of memories ?

It's like everyone took a pact of silence.
My .02 is -- that I'm not buying what he's selling.

Last edited:
He came back with his mother, correct? So how did she know where to find him? Did he wake up at the airport, at his hotel, or in a back alley somewhere? So many unanswered questions. Either he was involved in a really shady situation, or his life has been threatened to not say anything about where he was. I could go either way at this point.

There were news reports that people saw his friend get shot with an AK-47 outside of the club, so I don’t think Jessy had anything to do with his friend’s death, if that is what some of you are implying.

I don’t believe he doesn’t remember anything, but if I was kidnapped by the Mexican cartel and told no to say anything, then I would also pretend not to remember anything. He looks scared and traumatized, IMO. I’m not really sure what the purpose of the press conference was though.

There were news reports that people saw his friend get shot with an AK-47 outside of the club, so I don’t think Jessy had anything to do with his friend’s death, if that is what some of you are implying.

I don’t believe he doesn’t remember anything, but if I was kidnapped by the Mexican cartel and told no to say anything, then I would also pretend not to remember anything. He looks scared and traumatized, IMO. I’m not really sure what the purpose of the press conference was though.

I didn't think he actually did it, but had some foreknowledge? Possibly, but I'm also leaning towards his being threatened not to say anything. Agree that the Press Conference is a weird choice if he was afraid -- it would be better to have said nothing or issued a written statement than that odd and non-informative presser that just raised more questions.

What if Jessy saw his friend get shot and hid in fear they would come after him because he could identify him? Using the “blacked out” so they wouldn’t come after him?
Could be a gang with members in the US.

The looking down during the press conference - would that indicate submissiveness? Or uncomfortable?

A simple statement that he is home and recovering from his ordeal would have sufficed instead of that awkward video - he could tell the public he is thankful his mother/police/FBI rescued him and he will hold a press conference later. Thank everyone that had a part in finding him and people donating money.

He was found and appears unharmed physically - why isn’t his mother (not sure who the guy on his right is) showing any signs of relief or happiness?

And is that a bruise or dark shadow under his left eye?

All his friends and family were there but no one knows what happened?

And he was celebrating, blacked out, and then was on a plane home but thought his life was over??

Once missing, med school grad says he can't recall what happened in Mexico - CNN
This. The exact quote I found from link above: "I didn't think I was going to be back home. I thought my life was over, but I'm home...I'm just glad I'm home." If he was blacked out and remembered nothing as he stated, then why would he have thought his life was over and he'd never get home? He slipped up there. This conflicting statement seemingly proves that he does indeed remember what happened, at least enough to know he was in a gravely dangerous situation. I suspect his mom was contacted to pay ransom and once she paid up she was able to take him home, and now that family isn't talking for fear they'll be killed too.

It's very weird no one seems to be investigating the friend's murder. Guess people get killed out there so often by cartel/gangs that it's no big deal to the corrupt police?! Just horrible. The focus should shift to the poor friend who was beaten, shot in the head and left dead on the street, since clearly Jessy has no intention of sharing what he knows about his friend's murder.

Last edited:
Once missing, med school grad says he can't recall what happened in Mexico - CNN
This. The exact quote I found from link above: "I didn't think I was going to be back home. I thought my life was over, but I'm home...I'm just glad I'm home." If he was blacked out and remembered nothing as he stated, then why would he have thought his life was over and he'd never get home? He slipped up there. This conflicting statement seemingly proves that he does indeed remember what happened, at least enough to know he was in a gravely dangerous situation. I suspect his mom was contacted to pay ransom and once she paid up she was able to take him home, and now that family isn't talking for fear they'll be killed too.

It's very weird no one seems to be investigating the friend's murder. Guess people get killed out there so often by cartel/gangs that it's no big deal to the corrupt police?! Just horrible. The focus should shift to the poor friend who was beaten, shot in the head and left dead on the street, since clearly Jessy has no intention of sharing what he knows about his friend's murder.

BBM.

I'd say he has no idea of sharing what he knows with the press and public.

The FBI is on the case, and one hopes he's speaking with them. But if so, he'd hardly talk about that.

Ditto DEA, possibly.

I don't understand why Jessy and family did this PC at all, if he or they feel they are still under threat and are obviously so reluctant to reveal anything about his experience. Maybe they just felt they had to demonstrate that he really is alive and home now.

I suspect a gang or cartel with actors in the US is what has them so spooked. JMO, speculation only.

BBM.

I'd say he has no idea of sharing what he knows with the press and public.

The FBI is on the case, and one hopes he's speaking with them. But if so, he'd hardly talk about that.

Ditto DEA, possibly.

I don't understand why Jessy and family did this PC at all, if he or they feel they are still under threat and are obviously so reluctant to reveal anything about his experience. Maybe they just felt they had to demonstrate that he really is alive and home now.

I suspect a gang or cartel with actors in the US is what has them so spooked. JMO, speculation only.
Maybe the point of the video was to prove to someone they weren't saying anything other than, "I don't remember a thing."

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back