Found Deceased FL - Jenna Jacobsen, 20, Lake Worth Beach, Palm Beach County, 25 Apr 2019

Sounds like these rehab facilities need more oversight. why Would the NJ rehab be so insistent on sending Jenna to Florida when the mom did not want that and fought it earlier. These addicts who just need help and compassion are seen as $$$ IMO. She was sent to a place where she knew no one, telling no family until she was already there, and when whatever happened happened she was alone on the streets. A recipe for disaster. :(

Would Jenna have been on her parents health insurance plan?

Reactions: Dre
Would Jenna have been on her parents health insurance plan?
She could have been, yes. If she had health care coverage under her own employer or a private plan, then no. At 20 years old, she may have been a student, unemployed, underemployed, or any situation and qualify to be on one parents policy or both parents policies.

Reactions: Dre
They ended up in alley with police because they had relapsed and went to score drugs. That is how the police found them together and arrested the bf when they found out he had an outstanding warrant. The warrant was a violation of probation in NJ for leaving NJ to go get help in FL. After numerous rehabs in NJ, he was convinced that he could get and stay clean in Fl. Apparently when they went to score to prevent from being sick, they were caught by police who arrested him on the outstanding warrant, saw her as she was with him, and he begged them not to leave her alone. It was a bad area and they were in unfamiliar territory. He was immediately taken into custody and she went missing, only to have her remains found weeks later. The bf was extradited back to NJ and is devastated and heartbroken. I am related to him. Her poor family...I am sick for all involved. Drug addiction is a disease and these 2 were looking for more help, but never got it.

I think the article with the dad said the rehab center they were in closed abruptly and they were going to another place.
Did they just toss everyone out into the street?

I can’t even imagine being a hardcore addict at the age of 20, facing rehab (such a scary leap) AND in another state, without your safety net of loved ones.. someone severely dropped the ball... I wish I felt like this young girls death would insight some kind of change in that system but I just don’t see that anyone will ever be held accountable
:(

I think the article with the dad said the rehab center they were in closed abruptly and they were going to another place.
Did they just toss everyone out into the street?

This article Officials: Missing LI woman found dead in Florida was posted here previously.

Snipped from article:

"Jacobsen and her friend found a treatment facility in Palm Beach County and waited at a convenience store in a bad part of Lake Worth to be picked up, the aunt said. But the pair caused a commotion, Jean Jacobsen said, and when police arrived, they found her companion had a warrant and arrested him, leaving her alone.

When the driver from the treatment facility arrived, Jacobsen had vanished, her aunt said."

Deputies among last to see Jenna Jacobsen before 20-year-old went missing

Jenna was at Edge Recovery in Coral Springs - which hasn’t closed?

Missed curfew evening of the 25th. So she was there the evening of the 24th.

Next day she was 40 miles away - on foot to a different rehab that was picking them up at a convenience store? Sounds hinky.
Who was this new rehab center?

Prayers for her family.

Last edited:
I can’t even imagine being a hardcore addict at the age of 20, facing rehab (such a scary leap) AND in another state, without your safety net of loved ones.. someone severely dropped the ball... I wish I felt like this young girls death would insight some kind of change in that system but I just don’t see that anyone will ever be held accountable
:(

I was an alcoholic at age 19 (not a “hardcore” drug addict, but alcohol certainly has its own set of difficulties), and after a few legal troubles I was ordered to seek outpatient rehab, which I did, but I was too afraid to seek inpatient rehab, which I desperately needed. I was afraid of what family and friends would think, and what future employers might think. It absolutely breaks my heart that Jenna and her boyfriend had the guts to enter an inpatient treatment center, wanting to better themselves, and this was the outcome. Rest easy sweet angel, and may your family, friends, and boyfriend find some sort of peace.

Deputies among last to see Jenna Jacobsen before 20-year-old went missing

Jenna was at Edge Recovery in Coral Springs - which hasn’t closed?

Missed curfew evening of the 25th. So she was there the evening of the 24th.

Next day she was 40 miles away - on foot to a different rehab that was picking them up at a convenience store? Sounds hinky.
Who was this new rehab center?

Prayers for her family.

I have read so many palm beach post articles now with conflicting stories from family members :(
They are just as confused as everyone it seems. My heart aches for them

This article though, red flag #1. What inpatient treatment center has curfew? That kinda goes in the eye of treatment for drug addiction. Letting patients leave? Um, no.
#2 police used Jenna’s phone to call Mom to say she is missing? How did they get her phone?
And they heard from her that previous day? How? When? Why?

This is an article too from PBP which quotes the sister and the story is a little different too

Sister remembers 20-year-old found dead; foul play suspected

I hope the police figure all this out STAT

Last edited:
It's very important to tell the story truthfully but to me...this headline screams sensationalism at its finest. Kinda like tourism will be greatly affect in the Dominican Republic now (which is more justified IMO)...this will likely affect those considering seeking help.

The last thing we need in this country is less people seeking help for drug addiction. What happened to Jenna was terrible...but fortunately I think this type of thing is rare. May Jenna RIP.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back