GUILTY Ireland - Anastasia Kriegel, 14, Found deceased, Lucan, Co Dublin, 14 May 2018 *minors arrested*

And "stilted speech" imo doesn't always mean lacking vocabulary, it can mean context of speech or enunciation as well as the mechanics.

I don’t mean lacking vocabulary. On the contrary, it is too bookish, too professional, for his age, but also not too flexible. Such person would be viewed as “ah, so smart” by adults and “you talk funny” by peers.

@L White, I had the same feeling about boy B. And also, being raised by a seemingly angry father, the boy might adjust by being a people pleaser, someone for whom it is hard to say no to people.

It would be more interesting to know more about the core figure, his best friend boy A. The little I know presents him in a Nietzschean light, but I don’t know that much.

Last edited:
Autism is quite often masked by teens. My son is currently very popular because he knows a lot about football stats.

If he shared a possible interest in things similar to Boy A, it would be easy to become obsessive (as can be the case), there for 'normalising' Boy A''s thoughts in some way.

My words here are in no way reflective of those with ASD ONLY that certain behaviours Boy B has shown (not criminal behaviours, general actions) remind me very much of some I've met.

I wonder if the defence was setting up for "he has an ASD diagnosis so has no empathy" which as anyone who knows ASD will tell you- is mostly balls. .. but it's a common misconception .

Apologies for format. I an out walking.

I think boy B was popular enough for one more obvious reason. He was smart, and he shared his homework. Not athletic and having own interests, boy B was, but no jock would bully a peer who is so “useful”.

A more descriptive piece than most I've read.

'You bunch of scumbags...Innocent boy': Boy B's father reacts angrily to guilty verdict

Sitting at the back of the court, Boy A held his parents hands as the jury filed into the courtroom to return their verdicts at 2.11pm. As the guilty verdicts were read out, Boy A's mother sobbed uncontrollably, holding a tissue to her face.

Boy A stared at the ground and rested his head on his mother's shoulder as he began to cry.

In the moments prior to the verdicts, Boy B sat between his parents at the back of the court and began doing breathing exercises. He held his mother's hand on her lap as he sat in between both his parents.

When the guilty verdict was read out, Boy B let go of his parents' hands and brought his hands up to his mouth. His father stared into the distance with his head in his hands before he took his son's hand to his mouth and kissed it. Boy B's mother sat in silence.

Seconds later, Boy B's father muttered angrily to himself and his lip began to tremble. He then stormed out of the courtroom to compose himself for a few minutes. He held hands with his son when he returned.

As the courtroom began to empty out, Boy B's father shouted at gardaí: "You bunch of scumbags, you pricks, innocent boy."

Boy B then hugged his mother in a long embrace as Boy A was led to a consultation room holding his father’s hand. When Boy B was walking to the holding cell with his parents, his father clapped loudly to those remaining in the body of the courtroom.

I’m not being funny but honestly what did boy A and his mum expect? The verdict couldn’t of been anything other than Guilty for him. Maybe I’m reading it wrong but it’s like they were both upset/shocked it came back guilty and started sobbing .. o_O

BOy B’s father should be ashamed of himself, I really hope he gets some sort of punishment for reacting the way he did in a court room. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. Both kids and Boy B’s father need to be made an example of, it really is truly horrendous and if there’s other kids out there with similar sort of fantasies they need to know they Would be severely punished if they decided to act them out. There has got got to be a proper deterrent not just a few years in a kids holiday camp playing tennis and then get released to live the rest of their lives.

A more descriptive piece than most I've read.

'You bunch of scumbags...Innocent boy': Boy B's father reacts angrily to guilty verdict

Sitting at the back of the court, Boy A held his parents hands as the jury filed into the courtroom to return their verdicts at 2.11pm. As the guilty verdicts were read out, Boy A's mother sobbed uncontrollably, holding a tissue to her face.

Boy A stared at the ground and rested his head on his mother's shoulder as he began to cry.

In the moments prior to the verdicts, Boy B sat between his parents at the back of the court and began doing breathing exercises. He held his mother's hand on her lap as he sat in between both his parents.

When the guilty verdict was read out, Boy B let go of his parents' hands and brought his hands up to his mouth. His father stared into the distance with his head in his hands before he took his son's hand to his mouth and kissed it. Boy B's mother sat in silence.

Seconds later, Boy B's father muttered angrily to himself and his lip began to tremble. He then stormed out of the courtroom to compose himself for a few minutes. He held hands with his son when he returned.

As the courtroom began to empty out, Boy B's father shouted at gardaí: "You bunch of scumbags, you ******* pricks, innocent boy."

Boy B then hugged his mother in a long embrace as Boy A was led to a consultation room holding his father’s hand. When Boy B was walking to the holding cell with his parents, his father clapped loudly to those remaining in the body of the courtroom.

You could almost feel sorry for them if they hadn't lured a girl to her death and then left her naked,cold and alone for 3 days in an abandoned building

I’m not being funny but honestly what did boy A and his mum expect? The verdict couldn’t of been anything other than Guilty for him. Maybe I’m reading it wrong but it’s like they were both upset/shocked it came back guilty and started sobbing .. o_O

BOy B’s father should be ashamed of himself, I really hope he gets some sort of punishment for reacting the way he did in a court room. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. Both kids and Boy B’s father need to be made an example of, it really is truly horrendous and if there’s other kids out there with similar sort of fantasies they need to know they Would be severely punished if they decided to act them out. There has got got to be a proper deterrent not just a few years in a kids holiday camp playing tennis and then get released to live the rest of their lives.

Hope the jury would be reluctant to reach a verdict on circumstantial evidence maybe? Boy B's fathers behaviour is appalling, according to reports the Kriegel's carried themselves with dignity and didn't blame or show anger when giving testimony or siting in court, but the parent who raised a child able to behave this way throws a tantrum - he still has his child, he is living and breathing, and will likely be free in a couple of years to get on with his life

This case really hit a nerve with me, poor Ana. I was horribly bullied at school to the point I had a breakdown and was homeschooled, I even thought about ending it all. I'm ok now, better than ok - I have a great job, friends, found love, and I'm happy - Ana was denied that chance. Things would have got better, she would have got out of that toxic school, her family would have got her through the hard times..... The thought of her bouncing out of the front door with optimism breaks my heart.

Attachments

• Ana wearing blue headphones.jpg
    Ana wearing blue headphones.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 47
Hope the jury would be reluctant to reach a verdict on circumstantial evidence maybe? Boy B's fathers behaviour is appalling, according to reports the Kriegel's carried themselves with dignity and didn't blame or show anger when giving testimony or siting in court, but the parent who raised a child able to behave this way throws a tantrum - he still has his child, he is living and breathing, and will likely be free in a couple of years to get on with his life

It is his son. He is grieving. And maybe in his view, his son did not participate in murder, nor rape, while the other boy did.

From Ana’s parents’ view, last time dad saw his daughter, it was boy B luring her out of the house towards the murderer...so I understand their feelings, too.

To me, however, the guilt of boy A is incredibly higher that that of boy B, and they should get very different terms.

As to boy B, even if he is out in two years, his life as he probably portrayed it will be over. I can’t imagine any decent university ever accepting him, despite his smarts.

Boy A scares me so much, I hope he stays behind bars much longer.

It is his son. He is grieving. And maybe in his view, his son did not participate in murder, nor rape, while the other boy did.

From Ana’s parents’ view, last time dad saw his daughter, it was boy B luring her out of the house towards the murderer...so I understand their feelings, too.

To me, however, the guilt of boy A is incredibly higher that that of boy B, and they should get very different terms.

As to boy B, even if he is out in two years, his life as he probably portrayed it will be over. I can’t imagine any decent university ever accepting him, despite his smarts.

Boy A scares me so much, I hope he stays behind bars much longer.

Boy B would equally scare me as he seem to very manipulative and calculating. IMO he knew exactly what he was doing, he lured her from her home on a pretence, he led her to that house where the other boy was waiting, he knew what the other boy was like, they planned this together. He may have only watched on but he did watch on as she was brutalised and killed. Boy A will have additional sentence based on the rape as it is a separate charge, both boys are bad, together they are evil IMHO.

In all honesty ... no one but Boy A & Boy B know what really happened and I doubt they'll ever tell the world... unless, they do an 'Aaron Campbell' ?

For all we know, maybe it was Boy B that planned it, maybe the 'do you wanna kill someone' conversation happened but swap who said what ...

Maybe ... Boy B did help to attack Ana ... what was in his backpack? Did police/forensics get his clothes & bag ... had they been disposed of? Washed multiple times?

In all honesty ... no one but Boy A & Boy B know what really happened and I doubt they'll ever tell the world... unless, they do an 'Aaron Campbell' ?

For all we know, maybe it was Boy B that planned it, maybe the 'do you wanna kill someone' conversation happened but swap who said what ...

Maybe ... Boy B did help to attack Ana ... what was in his backpack? Did police/forensics get his clothes & bag ... had they been disposed of? Washed multiple times?

Have seen rumours online that boy b "lost his mobile phone", in reports it said his phone,which was not a smartphone was examined.
People suggesting that boy As father deliberately misled guards when he directed them to look near sewage works.
Even if one does follow Aaron Campbell you couldnt be sure if their account was the truth of what happened.
I think that there is a strong possibility that boy b might win an appeal of his conviction if its heard separately from boy a though.

I don’t think boy B planned it at all, but he did have his chance to tell what had happened when everyone was looking for Ana. To come forward and tell, as a voluntary witness. Supposedly you don’t expect the murder (but probably expect the rape, or something not legit anyhow; bad, but still, not murder). But then you watch your friend kill a person. Would you not run home sobbing and call the police?

So yes, boy B had the chance, and lost it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back