Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, it’s the university professor back again :).

Five years is actually fairly common for undergrad degrees given most students change their major at least once. For a degree like nurse where clinical hours are needed, even more common.

I assume she is paying for school how most people do- with scholarships, parental help, having a job at the med clinic, and student loans.

IMO- I don’t believe we need to start shaming her personal sexual choices and implying she was trading sexual favors for money to pay for school because she is in school for a fifth year. It’s more likely she was paying for school by traditional means, taking the average amount of time to complete her degree, and having ownership and autonomy of her own body.

JMOO.
Ok is different in UK . 3.5 years compared to US 5 years

I am in the same sorority as ML but at a different college, and to be frank the that whole sugar lifestyle is extremely common amongst our coumminty. ML did use her Facebook to give advice and to talk about her experiencse but that doesn't mean her family and close friends knew 100% what was going on.
I have already seen nasty comments about ML on other media sites so I see why her family and the police are tight lipped.

I assume she is paying for school how most people do- with scholarships, parental help, having a job at the med clinic, and student loans.

I'm more curious about how - if alive still - how Mackenzie is paying for her sojourn away from life?
Media has reported that her bank account has remained inactive, yet they're not super worried about her being in danger? Money makes the world go 'round.
That's either some lousy police work or they think they're in a standoff with a petulant young adult.
An extremely odd way to handle this case, IMO.

It's sad to hear of the disappearance of ML. IMO she is a free bird, and her disappearance could be entirely voluntary. Her IG is telling of a somewhat adventurous lady, and she may have gone on an adventure and will be back soon. Also, the funeral she had just traveled from may have impacted her mental stability, prompting her decision to leave without notice to anyone.

I have read this article,Salt Lake City woman, 23, reported missing which states that 'Salt Lake City Police Department stated that Lueck then took a Lyft to an address in North Salt Lake, where she was last seen in the early hours of Monday morning.' is this sighting verified, and what was the state of her apparent well-being? Did she look 'normal'?
I think answering these questions is a good place to start?

JUN 22, 2019
Kyle Harvey on Twitter
Have you seen this woman? 23-year-old MacKenzie Lueck is missing in the #SaltLakeCity area. She’s a student at the @UUtah and family/friends haven’t heard from her since Monday. She’s expected in Los Angeles Sunday for a wedding. #Utah #MissingPerson
D9tJ0O2UYAEy1NN.jpg

6:20 PM - 22 Jun 2019

JUN 23, 2019
https://kutv.com/news/local/search-continues-for-missing-23-year-old-u-of-u-student-mackenzie-lueck
2News spoke to family and friends to confirm Lueck missed her flight on Sunday back to Los Angeles.

JUN 24, 2019
Search continues for missing 23-year-old University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck
According to Lueck's family, she also planned to fly from Salt Lake to Los Angeles at some point on June 23.

Missing U of U student misses flight nearly one week after disappearance
Sunday, she missed her flight back to California for a friend’s wedding.

“She had a flight planned for today, and she was actively talking about the flight,” Fine said.

Last edited:
I am in the same sorority as ML but at a different college, and to be frank the that whole sugar lifestyle is extremely common amongst our coumminty. ML did use her Facebook to give advice and to talk about her experiencse but that doesn't mean her family and close friends knew 100% what was going on.
I have already seen nasty comments about ML on other media sites so I see why her family and the police are tight lipped.
Welcome to Websleuths, Yellowstone. Nice to have you with us. :) I'm not sure what you mean by sugar lifestyle, could you expound on that a little? Thanks! MOO
It's sad to hear of the disappearance of ML. IMO she is a free bird, and her disappearance could be entirely voluntary. Her IG is telling of a somewhat adventurous lady, and she may have gone on an adventure and will be back soon. Also, the funeral she had just traveled from may have impacted her mental stability, prompting her decision to leave without notice to anyone.

I have read this article,Salt Lake City woman, 23, reported missing which states that 'Salt Lake City Police Department stated that Lueck then took a Lyft to an address in North Salt Lake, where she was last seen in the early hours of Monday morning.' is this sighting verified, and what was the state of her apparent well-being? Did she look 'normal'?
I think answering these questions is a good place to start?
Welcome to you also, Anikulapo. :) Thanks for joining us. MOO

Are you sure it's not just a topless place?
Does she work at a strip club? Is she a bartender?
Sorry for all the questions but I missed about 500 posts.

Seems to me that someone was just mentioning that a strip club was one of the few places that would still have been open in the general area where she purportedly was dropped off in at the time she was dropped off, and then some started running with a strip club idea? But it's my understanding we haven't been told the specific location she was dropped off yet?

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I've seen nothing that actually suggests or indicates that she worked at a strip club.

Regarding LE's stance, I don't know that we can conclude she is voluntarily missing simply by LE demeanor. I'm picking up the vibe that SLC LE are typically silent, not the type of force to share much info with public. Perhaps locals can chime in on that?

So is LE quiet because they think she went missing voluntarily? Or is LE quiet because that's they way they operate regularly?

I do hope she is voluntarily missing and is okay, But, Kenzie, contact LE to let them know you're okay.

jmo

IMOO: Even if it comes out that a “sugar daddy” or older partner is linked in anyway to what happened to her, it is still not her fault or something she should be shamed for. Consensual sexual relationships, or nonsexual, exchange based relationships are absolutely not something anyone should be shamed about or brought up as their fault for something terrible potentially happening to them.

In this instance, my only reasoning it should even be mentioned is as a potential romantic interest like any other significant other would be mentioned in other cases. “*advertiser censored* shaming” for lack of a better term, is obnoxious, unhelpful, and damaging.

Yellowstone: please know not everyone feels that way and hopefully ML is safe and will come home and you can support her and let her know that her choice of relationship lifestyle is her own and those comments should be given no weight.

Thank you for the kind comment. I have similar thoughts about the subject. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's not my business and it's not a reflection of their personality or morals. Lots of good people end up in that lifestyle

That being said, I am not naive and it's definitely an aspect of ML's life that needs to be looked at.

Good morning everyone - verified friend back again!

The sugar daddy/sugar baby thing has come up on a variety of other sites and social media. Yes, Kenzie herself confirmed she had some interest in this lifestyle in a social media post a few months back. Prior to her comments about it, I did not know about it. Kenzie is fairly open about things (as you can see with her insta account and bio). Her sexual lifestyle and choices are not things I will comment on because I don't feel it's appropriate and her family could be reading this thread. Even if these people she is with are somehow connected or involved, Kenzie should not be shamed or judged for this behavior. Kenzie didn't go to great lengths to hide her private instagram account as it was linked to her public instagram account so I wouldn't be surprised if her family knew about it. Regardless, I don't know what her preferences in men have to do with this case at this time. We still don't have enough information where LE has even declared that there is FP. So I am hesitant to start pointing fingers at the SD/SB (sugar daddy/sugar baby) community or anyone else at this time. I am sure LE has this information and is looking at this angle if there is anything to be looked at.

Now the NSL address - I do not believe Kenzie would meet up with someone she DOESN'T know or trust at that hour of the evening. If she trusted a person enough, I believe it would not be out of character for her to meet up with somebody. She still is in college and to my friends of that age 1 a.m. really isn't that late. So my thought is she went to this address to meet up with somebody she knows and trusts. But beyond that, I think things went wrong and her disappearance is not something I think she would voluntarily do.

Her personal life is hers and I don’t judge her in any way. I do think the info is pertinent though as, unfortunately, a lifestyle like hers COULD be risky. I think that’s actually part of the draw although not for reasons of getting hurt or anything. She should not be shamed though, she’s an adult, I assume her sugar daddies are too, doesn’t effect my life in the slightest. I am hoping the LE can use some of this info to track her whereabouts and possible see who she’s been with or was with that evening, if anyone.
No judgement will be on WS. For one thing, we're victim-friendly.

And, WSers have seen just about everything. Seriously. It will not shock us if ML engaged in any particular sort of activity, dabbled in it, pretended to dabble, etc. It is simply not the WS way to get worked up about that sort of thing in a judgmental way.

The main concern is ML's safety and to either find her if she is in danger or to determine she left on her own - and in that case, the discussion ends.

jmo

Seems to me that someone was just mentioning that a strip club was one of the few places that would still have been open in the general area where she purportedly was dropped off in at the time she was dropped off, and then some started running with a strip club idea? But it's my understanding we haven't been told the specific location she was dropped off yet?

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I've seen nothing that actually suggests or indicates that she worked at a strip club.
Yes, thank you, I figured it out. There was a post about picking up a paycheck there so that's why I asked.

If she missed a mid-term exam- clearly she was in the middle of summer courses. WHY would she plan to leave for California for a wedding on a Sunday? Summer courses tend to be accelerated - so missing en entire week is like missing two weeks during the traditional academic year.

I am leaning toward voluntary- but there is so much we don;t know. Has her family come to SLC yet?

Highlighting these two posts:
I am in the same sorority as ML but at a different college, and to be frank the that whole sugar lifestyle is extremely common amongst our community. ML did use her Facebook to give advice and to talk about her experiencse but that doesn't mean her family and close friends knew 100% what was going on.

Five years is actually fairly common for undergrad degrees given most students change their major at least once. For a degree like nurse where clinical hours are needed, even more common.

IMO- I don’t believe we need to start shaming her personal sexual choices and implying she was trading sexual favors for money to pay for school because she is in school for a fifth year. It’s more likely she was paying for school by traditional means, taking the average amount of time to complete her degree, and having ownership and autonomy of her own body. JMOO.

Well said! The nasty comments are so unnecessary.

Thank you for the kind comment. I have similar thoughts about the subject. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's not my business and it's not a reflection of their personality or morals. Lots of good people end up in that lifestyle

That being said, I am not naive and it's definitely an aspect of ML's life that needs to be looked at.

I think people can critique the lifestyle, make a fair assessment of the risks involved in the lifestyle and say "Well, she was doing this" and not be shaming or blaming the person, or thinking they're not "good" people. It's just well... facts. It's just the reality and gravity of the situation.
I don't think people think of these things as risks that need to be calculated, but they are. Just as speeding or drunk driving is.
You owe yourself some accountability, if only to keep yourself safe.
There is a lot of strength and personal power in that.

I think in this circumstance, if this is a factor in her disappearance (and let's face it, it's likely), the reality of those risks are going to steer the outcome, unfortunately.

Also, I think I was looking at the NSL address from the wrong angle. Friends (including myself) were looking at it like why is she going to a random address in the middle of night to potentially a random person. But I'm thinking more along the lines of this is a person that Kenzie felt she knows - and knew enough that she trusted this person and was willing to go to this person's address in NSL. No I don't think Kenzie would go see a stranger in the middle of the night at an unknown address. But she would go see someone she knows or trusts (or thinks she knows) - even at that hour. So I am leaning towards there is someone she knew and was talking to who meet up with her at an address in NSL.

Family and friends of a missing University of Utah student are pleading for information about her mysterious disappearance, shortly after taking a Lyft ride. Mackenzie Lueck was last seen one week ago.

@DavidBegnaud reports. University of Utah student still missing one week after taking Lyft from Salt Lake City airport

(Video)

CBS This Morning on Twitter

So the family and friends are pleading for information. Yet reportedly the police are showing a lack of urgency bordering on lackadaisical, that is leading some to think LE has info she has disappeared voluntarily. If that is true, it seems pretty cruel for LE not to share what information they have with the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave