GUILTY KS - Iviona Lewis, 23 mos, Hoisington, 18 March 2018 *Arrest*

Anyone heard anything on this case?

Did he plead guilty?

TIA!

JUSTICE for IVY!
animated-smileys-occupations-079.gif

APR 11, 2019
Mother’s boyfriend admits to killing 2-year-old baby girl who went missing a year ago
upload_2019-4-12_9-37-6.png
[...]

Chaz Stephens, 26, pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree intentional murder in the March 2018 death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old daughter in Hoisington, Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt said in a news release.

Stephens was originally charged with first-degree murder. The plea deal led prosecutors to lessen the charge and dismiss other charges. Sentencing is set for June 3.

[...]

An obituary for Iviona Marae May Lewis’ death states that she died March 18, 2018. She was the daughter of DL and AH.

“Iviona was a loving, smart, kind and gentle girl, who had the innate ability to lift anyone’s spirits,” states the Bryant Funeral Home obituary. “A mother hen, Iviona took cheerful pride in caring for her brothers.”

[...]

Hoisington man pleads guilty to second-degree intentional murder of 2-year-old girl
He will potentially serve up to 253 months in prison.

He waived his right to appeal the conviction.

June 3rd:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) KS – Iviona “Ivy” MaRae May Lewis (2) (last seen Mar. 18, 2018, Hoisington, reported missing 3/20/18, found 3/21/18) – *Chaz Zachery Stephens (25) (Mom’s BF) charged (6/12/18) with 1st degree murder, child abuse, possession of meth & possession of paraphernalia. Plead not guilty on (8/31/18). $1M bond.
Led LE to Iviona’s body.
4/11/19 Update: Plead guilty to second-degree intentional murder. As part of the plea agreement, Judge Schmidt agreed to dismiss the remaining lesser charges in the case. He waived his right to appeal the conviction. Sentencing is scheduled for June 3.

21 years. I hope he has to serve every single minute.

Man sentenced to prison in 2-year-old's death
Even if he serves every single minute, it will never be long enough. This just makes me ill.

The ME said Ivy died from blunt force trauma to the head and had overwhelming injuries to her face, scalp, and thighs. Toxicology reports showed meth in her urine. This abused a beautiful, innocent, 2-year-old baby. He killed her and threw her away like trash.

I don't even have the words to describe how angry this sentence makes me. The only way he should ever leave that prison is in a pine box. :mad: MOO

Even if he serves every single minute, it will never be long enough. This just makes me ill.

The ME said Ivy died from blunt force trauma to the head and had overwhelming injuries to her face, scalp, and thighs. Toxicology reports showed meth in her urine. This abused a beautiful, innocent, 2-year-old baby. He killed her and threw her away like trash.

I don't even have the words to describe how angry this sentence makes me. The only way he should ever leave that prison is in a pine box. :mad: MOO

I agree. Kansas seems to give out such light sentences for those who harm children. I just don't get it.

OMG he will be able to live his life after that time inside and could even then have children to abuse and murder again. Such a crying shame.

An obituary for Iviona Marae May Lewis’ death states that she died March 18, 2018. She was the daughter of DL and AH.

“Iviona was a loving, smart, kind and gentle girl, who had the innate ability to lift anyone’s spirits,” states the Bryant Funeral Home obituary. “A mother hen, Iviona took cheerful pride in caring for her brothers.”

[...]

:(
A mother hen. Caring for her brothers. Sounds like Maleah Davis.

Who was caring for Iviona? I hope her siblings are with people that will love and care for them in a stable environment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back