Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

The family of a 23-year-old woman who disappeared on her way home from her grandmother’s funeral is pleading for help finding her.

[...]

A Facebook page called “Find MacKenzie Lueck” posted an official family statement Monday:

“Mackenzie Lueck has been missing since Monday, June 17, when she landed at the Salt Lake City airport in the early morning. She was last heard from at 1:00 am, when she texted her parents that her flight had landed safely. Since Monday, she has missed her midterms at the University of Utah and has not been in communication with family or friends. We are aware that she had planned to fly from Salt Lake City airport to the Los Angeles airport at some point on Sunday, July 23.

[...]

Ha, ha, seems like something people IN COLLEGE would do! My son lost his on-campus job last year because he lost his Federal Work Study and he had a hard time finding another campus job and even considered being a nude model at an art school (until I told him dudes would probably be in the class, too). College students will take any job that pays and is close to campus and has hours they can fit with their school schedules.
Socalgirl your insight was that Kenzie would have no financial issues due to her family. Outside looking at my family would think the same but was more a case of fur coat no knickers or stetsun and no cattle as you would say in US. I really struggled rice and beans. Once dug up potatoes from a farmers field at night. Was 30 years ago.

I'll bet they get the warrant. She was just reported missing on Thursday and they have had much to investigate/confirm over the past several days.
  • She hasn't returned to her home.
  • Her phone is off.
  • No family or friends have heard from her since 1 a.m. Monday.
  • She took a Lyft to North Salt Lake where she does not live.
  • Her luggage has not been located.
  • She hasn't shown up for work.
  • She missed her midterm exams.
  • Her social media has been inactive.
  • Her bank account has been inactive.
  • She missed a flight back to CA and a friend's wedding.
  • Her friends don't know anyone she knows in North Salt Lake.
  • Her vehicle is at her home and has not been moved.
  • She made no arrangements for the care of her cat.
Those records are obviously an extremely important part of the puzzle here. LE needs to see where she was, what she was doing, and what hidden SM accounts she has. She didn't pick that address randomly out of the phone book. The NSL address was unfamiliar to her friends and family but known, obviously to her.

It underscores the importance of letting at least one person know where you are and what you are up to- even if you just email or text it to yourself so somebody can find it.

I am holding out hope. There have been a couple of cases on here recently where a young women went dark for a week or more and everyone said it was out of their character; both were found safe.

I'm leaning towards thinking the same. I couldn't find any posts relating to that subject, although I may not have been as thorough as some.

I agree, 1 a.m is typical for college students to be out and about.

Originally I replied to a post that has since been deleted defending any sexual choice ML makes as being her right and not something to be shamed about. (Deleted post implied shameful blaming behavior by ML).

Since all posts on that topic have come after verified friend mentioned it being something ML participates in.

That’s the end of that, as far as I know.

Ha, ha, seems like something people IN COLLEGE would do! My son lost his on-campus job last year because he lost his Federal Work Study and he had a hard time finding another campus job and even considered being a nude model at an art school (until I told him dudes would probably be in the class, too). College students will take any job that pays and is close to campus and has hours they can fit with their school schedules.
Just to clarify. She wasn't one of the human lab rats there. She was one of the full-time lab techs for PRA that did the testing and evaluations on the people they selected to be the human lab rats. The human lab rats can be there for weeks and months at a time so the chances at forming some sort of strong friendship between employees like herself and the human lab rats is possible, but is probably against the rules so she would have had to keep that secret from everyone.

Just to clarify. She wasn't one of the human lab rats there. She was one of the full-time lab techs for PRA that did the testing and evaluations on the people they selected to be the human lab rats. The human lab rats can be there for weeks and months at a time so the chances at forming some sort of strong friendship between employees like herself and the human lab rats is possible, but is probably against the rules so she would have had to keep that secret from everyone.

I actually didn't think the original poster thought she was one of the SUBJECTS. Obviously, she works there as a tech. I didn't understand what would be so awful about that job!

Ok. So, since this is a hot topic, may I ask something? Is it also considered a “sugar” lifestyle if a woman or man accepts money or gifts in return for photos and video? In other words, there’s no physical relationship. No judgy comments please, I’m just getting clarification. The reason this could be important is that she may never meet these people so then attention would be to a possible stalker or a random act vs she met some dude on the internet and set up a date. Again, this is if foul play is assumed.
Last year, I found out from my son that a couple of his girlfriends were “scamming” older men over and over. They’d send only pics, then these men would Venmo them money, buy them plane tickets etc. Until now, I didn’t realize this was a thing. They even said “sugar” lifestyle but I thought just being kids.

He said they were trying to block one guy who got extremely angry at one of the girls after she promised to meet him and didn’t.

So, yes, could be stalkers resulting from this behavior. Ugh, just got the chills. This is scary. These kids are playing with fire. IMO

A lot of precious time passed between Monday at 1:00 am until Thursday when her father reported her missing. I wonder when it was first really thought that she was seriously missing? eta I'm thinking her roommates started looking for her sooner but didn't want to alarm her family. jmo

I'm still catching up this morning. So this may have already been posted. Local and National CBS news just reported that LE is still working on getting warrants for Kenzie's cell phone records. As there is not enough probable cause. No evidence of foul play.

This is what I have been worried about. She is an adult, her parents cannot give permission to access private records and in fact, I wondered how anyone could be sure she had not accessed her bank account(s) unless possibly there is a joint account of some type, and that would not even mean it is all of her accounts known to others.

They can't get warrants without enough cause. So do they know anything? I am sure there is much they can do and have done without such access but clearly it looks as though there is nothing indicating foul play or enough information to access any warrants, to date anyhow.

It is interesting that it was said somewhere yesterday here too in some article or posted link that if someone saw or thought her SM accounts were active, it was because friends, etc. were in her accounts checking messages, posts, etc. I guess that may be a way around warrants if someone knew her PW or where she kept it or perhaps a device at home was still logged in? This way it is not LE accessing it, who probably cannot, but friends or family providing the information?

Just speculation, I hope this means she is missing voluntarily but for this long?

Jmo.

Is there any possibility the Lyft driver could have changed the destination of the taxi after Mackenzie had ordered it? If she had asked to be taken to her home address but somehow it had ended up showing an address in NSL - is it possible the driver could have done this to throw off the company & LE of his movements?

So the #callherdaddy is not the sugar daddy/sugar baby group. These are separate things. The SD/SB is originating from comments Kenzie made a few months back on social media. She shared that this is something that she is interested in and has pursued in the past. I am not sure if this is still something she is currently involved in.

Sorry I am still catching up to some of the questions! Someone asked how her friends or her sorority would feel about someone being lesbian I believe a few pages back. I know this would not at all be an issue in her circle of friends or in her sorority. Both groups are very accepting of this and that would not be any issue.

There was also a question about drug use. I do not have firsthand information about this, so I won’t comment on that.

I had a roommate using the sugar daddies site... she would make GOOD money just dressing up and being “arm candy” and if she really liked the particular date maybe they’d hold hands in public etc. she said it didn’t go further than that except for a few choice clients that she liked, trusted, and had for awhile.
I’d think if this were the case, the evidence would be all over her phone and/or SM. The worry I have is if it’s someone prominent and LE isn’t willing to divulge his identity..

Is there any possibility the Lyft driver could have changed the destination of the taxi after Mackenzie had ordered it? If she had asked to be taken to her home address but somehow it had ended up showing an address in NSL - is it possible the driver could have done this to throw off the company & LE of his movements?

The Lyft driver is not a suspect per LE.

Lyft even gave a statement saying that the Lyft driver continued with picking up passagers after he/she dropped Kenzie off at her requested destination.

Sorry I am still catching up to some of the questions! Someone asked how her friends or her sorority would feel about someone being lesbian I believe a few pages back. I know this would not at all be an issue in her circle of friends or in her sorority. Both groups are very accepting of this and that would not be any issue.

There was also a question about drug use. I do not have firsthand information about this, so I won’t comment on that.
Can you comment on whether or not ML was a serious student? Is there any indication classes weren't going well, that would cause her stress or embarrassment and want to take off?

(Note: I'm not judging her if classes were stressful. We've all had stressful situations.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member