Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you comment on whether or not ML was a serious student? Is there any indication classes weren't going well, that would cause her stress or embarrassment and want to take off?

(Note: I'm not judging her if classes were stressful. We've all had stressful situations.)

I would call Kenzie a serious student. I don’t recall any recent indications that things weren’t going well, other than the usual stress that comes with college, midterms, finals, etc. Her major is difficult and requires more dedication than the average college student sometimes has. So she does have dedication to her studies IMO. I also don’t think she would be embarrassed to the point of leaving over something school related. We’ve all had to retake classes or failed a few tests in our time so I don’t think this would be enough of a stressor for her to leave.

I would call Kenzie a serious student. I don’t recall any recent indications that things weren’t going well, other than the usual stress that comes with college, midterms, finals, etc. Her major is difficult and requires more dedication than the average college student sometimes has. So she does have dedication to her studies IMO. I also don’t think she would be embarrassed to the point of leaving over something school related. We’ve all had to retake classes or failed a few tests in our time so I don’t think this would be enough of a stressor for her to leave.
Thanks for that insight. So her missing midterms is surprising, not something that makes sense for her to do?

So the #callherdaddy is not the sugar daddy/sugar baby group. These are separate things. The SD/SB is originating from comments Kenzie made a few months back on social media. She shared that this is something that she is interested in and has pursued in the past. I am not sure if this is still something she is currently involved in.

I hope she did not decide to go back to that lifestyle.

This is scary! Jmo

Thanks for that insight. So her missing midterms is surprising, not something that makes sense for her to do?

Oh yeah this is one of the biggest shockers to me. She is in year 5 of college and trying to finish up, so bailing on a midterm likely means you’ll fail the class. So all her effort in that class prior to that point would be for none. She goes to class, studies, and takes her tests so this is really not something she would normally do.

Oh yeah this is one of the biggest shockers to me. She is in year 5 of college and trying to finish up, so bailing on a midterm likely means you’ll fail the class. So all her effort in that class prior to that point would be for none. She goes to class, studies, and takes her tests so this is really not something she would normally do.
Do you know if she had plans for after graduation? A job she had her eye on? Did she plan to stay in SLC or move elsewhere? Did you sense excitement about the future, once school was finished?

So the #callherdaddy is not the sugar daddy/sugar baby group. These are separate things. The SD/SB is originating from comments Kenzie made a few months back on social media. She shared that this is something that she is interested in and has pursued in the past. I am not sure if this is still something she is currently involved in.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I can't imagine how stressed out you guys are right now. I was wondering if you could give some context re: SD/SB lifestyle... is this something that she would have compartmentalized and not looped your group into? I ask this because during the press conference, her friends said they had no idea why she'd ever take a Lyft to NSL at 1am.

Do you know if she had plans for after graduation? A job she had her eye on? Did she plan to stay in SLC or move elsewhere? Did you sense excitement about the future, once school was finished?

I am not sure about plans for after graduation or whether or not she was planning on staying in Utah. For my friends who are a bit behind on the timeline, I try not to bring it up as some feel some negative emotions due to their taking a bit longer to finish it up. She was always very positive about pretty much everything!

I won’t comment further on the SD/SB or CHD things. She was open about most things, but I just don’t see these things being relevant to her case or to the general public at this point. SLCPD has this information and if there is something to it I’m sure they are looking into it.

I won’t comment further on the SD/SB or CHD things. She was open about most things, but I just don’t see these things being relevant to her case or to the general public at this point. SLCPD has this information and if there is something to it I’m sure they are looking into it.

I understand, but I think it is highly relevant. Also, IMO it is the reason her story has been picked up by the national media (along with the Lyft part of the story). If we know she was taking gifts/money for companionship/sex, then the media knows too and they will blast this info as soon as they can--I can see Daily Mail/Radar Online being the first to broadcast it with other MSM following their lead.

Last edited:
I may be a little late but wanted to thank you for becoming verified, yellowmoose. Your insight is very valuable to us and we appreciate you being here and sharing what you can about ML. (((Hugs)))

Is there any possibility the Lyft driver could have changed the destination of the taxi after Mackenzie had ordered it? If she had asked to be taken to her home address but somehow it had ended up showing an address in NSL - is it possible the driver could have done this to throw off the company & LE of his movements?

Lyft vehicles are tracked, so no.

I am not sure about plans for after graduation or whether or not she was planning on staying in Utah. For my friends who are a bit behind on the timeline, I try not to bring it up as some feel some negative emotions due to their taking a bit longer to finish it up. She was always very positive about pretty much everything!
Thanks. I am getting sense of her personality - thanks. Upbeat, positive, working toward graduation. Seems like someone people like knowing.

Being a mom of college-aged kids, future plans are a huge part of their conversations they have with their friends (as well as other topics too, of course.) But by senior year, their focus is definitely on the next stage of life. A bit surprising to learn she didn't discuss that. Doesn't necessarily mean anything other than being focused on the moment, rather than the future. But....that does sort of stand out to me.

jmo

What I find appalling and weird is how every news outlet in the world has something about a Lyft ride in their headlines. The dopes on my local morning radio show even turned it into some babble about how dangerous ride sharing is and that you need to carry a taser. If she had taken a cab or the bus nobody would mention it.

I may be a little late but wanted to thank you for becoming verified, yellowmoose. Your insight is very valuable to us and we appreciate you being here and sharing what you can about ML. (((Hugs)))
Yes, thank you and I'm so sorry for this situation and cannot imagine how painful it is for you, her friends and family. Praying she will be found soon.

Typically speaking, sugar lifestyle refers more generally to being a companion to someone older who in exchange for companionship, will give gifts. These gifts often include money, lavish items, paying for bills etc. Sugar lifestyle does not necessarily include sexual favors, but can. Also sugar lifestyle may include many relationships, not one specific partner or provider.

Sugar daddy is similar to the lifestyle but is usually used with a singular partner and more of an ownership relationship with sexual favors being more highly included in this more monogamous relationship.
If I ever go missing and make it here to WS, yall please try to remember in your posts, that my being a Trophy Husband, was a free will choice of my own.......I will now go whine for an early lunch from the "love of my life".......moo

JUN 24, 2019
University of Utah student still missing one week after taking Lyft from Salt Lake City airport
[...]

Lueck's father told our Salt Lake City affiliate KUTV that they are working on getting subpoenas for her phone records.

Great news!

ML's phone data is going to yield a treasure trove of information for LE to mine.

Phone records, including texts messages sent & received, should go a long way toward solving the mystery of who she went to meet.

Once they know who ML met in NSL, hopefully that will lead to them finding out where ML is now and what happened to her.

Who, Where, What.

I think LE will have answers to those 3Ws soon.

JMO.

Last edited:
What I find appalling and weird is how every news outlet in the world has something about a Lyft ride in their headlines. The dopes on my local morning radio show even turned it into some babble about how dangerous ride sharing is and that you need to carry a taser. If she had taken a cab or the bus nobody would mention it.
Yes, I noticed that too. It will be easy for people to read the headline and figure the driver is the culprit without thinking more about it.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member