Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyft vehicles are tracked, so no.

I am throwing no shade on the driver or Lyft who are said to have been fully cooperative with Lyft.

I just want to say I know for a fact there are apps that can throw the GPS or play with it in Lyft, Uber, for food delivery drivers, etc. Often a driver needs to be near the mall, the bars, etc. to get the most traffic or fare options because fares are offered to those in the vicinity. Yet they want to be home for instance, not sitting in their car alone hoping for fares. They use this app that can be found quite easily to mess with it and show they are, for instance, at the mall, when they are really home.

If you ever have a ride scheduled that you watch driving along on the little map/your phone screen and you are waiting for them, but it seems to take awhile to start out on the drive to begin with, then seems to hang, the little car on the screen seems to get stuck for seconds here, then seconds there, etc. then a minute there, then the app hangs... Yep.

When all is said and done if you try to figure out why it took 1/2 hour for the driver to get there in an at most 5 minute trip, now you know why. Again, I know this is a fact, not because I have used it but I know of it through someone else. I also have had it happen and we knew that was what the driver did. He should have been in total sight per the map (was not) and it took him 10 minutes to come the last half block a few houses down--he was not there is why, he was a few miles away yet playing catch up.

In other words, time can be fudged with this app that messes with the company GPS etc. I guess. It allows the driver's location to show otherwise.

I am not saying that happened here, but that there are such ways of throwing things off. I am sure though they have checked this and are likely aware of such things--like if his next fare was ten minutes away, did he get to the next fare in about ten minutes after KL's payment was processed? At that time of night, I doubt heavy traffic would be an issue.

I personally do not think it is the ride/driver if she is the one who actually had this destination entered and was not going home. I think it is more likely something due to where she was going and who she was meeting, seeing or what she was doing there.

Jmo. Longer than I intended. Sorry. I also think since it was said the driver and Lyft were cooperative, the car was probably volunteered to be searched and checked--just a guess though.

Right, but all those things are about the next stage of life. Just my observation (and memory) is that friends know what their friends plan to do after college - even if that is to do nothing, or to travel, or bum around, or go to grad school, or apply at a particular place in a particular city, or return home to parents, or panic because they have no plan, whatever. These aren't unusual conversations - no matter what the plans happen to be. You kinda know who is planning what (or not planning) by the time college courses are wrapping up.

But I'll stand corrected. Perhaps different groups have different conversations and this particular group doesn't talk to each other about life beyond college life. Understood.

jmo
Maybe she did talk to some of her friends about her plans and we just don't know.
I would think it would be something they discussed as well. Was she graduating this year?
Maybe she discussed her plans and her friends don't feel it's necessary to reveal it.
Or maybe they just talked about their social lives.
Who knows with college kids these days?

Is it a highly competitive college? That may make a difference, too.

David Begnaud on Twitter
.@slcpd police wont tell us what address in north Salt Lake City Mackenzie Lueck went to. “It’s not a business & it’s not a residence” a police spokesman told me. She took a @lyft there; police say they don’t think the driver had anything to do with Mackenzie’s disappearance.
12:05 PM - 24 Jun 2019

CBS This Morning on Twitter (VIDEO includes interview w/friend JC)
Family and friends of a missing University of Utah student are pleading for information about her mysterious disappearance, shortly after taking a Lyft ride. Mackenzie Lueck was last seen one week ago.
7:47 AM - 24 Jun 2019

David Begnaud on Twitter
.@slcpd police wont tell us what address in north Salt Lake City Mackenzie Lueck went to. “It’s not a business & it’s not a residence” a police spokesman told me. She took a @lyft there; police say they don’t think the driver had anything to do with Mackenzie’s disappearance.

Not a business or a residence. Interesting. I'm stumped.

David Begnaud on Twitter
A park, school, or church ????...............moo

David Begnaud on Twitter

CBS This Morning on Twitter (VIDEO)
Family and friends of a missing University of Utah student are pleading for information about her mysterious disappearance, shortly after taking a Lyft ride. Mackenzie Lueck was last seen one week ago.

So a public area.

David Begnaud on Twitter

It’s not a business and not a residence? Sounds like some kind of park possibly then? What could a not a business and not a residence mean?! This is the strangest statement. Hmmm!!

It’s not a business and not a residence? Sounds like some kind of park possibly then? What could a not a business and not a residence mean?! This is the strangest statement. Hmmm!!
I'm skeptical. This is the only report I've seen that includes "business." For instance, this article just mentions that it was not a residence. I want to see the Sgt's words in quotes...

California student MacKenzie Lueck missing after Lyft ride
Police said the Lyft driver has cooperated with the investigation. The driver confirmed the drop-off site, which is not a residence, police Sgt. Brandon Shearer said.

Last edited:
Ok this not a business and not a residence. This is the weirdest thing in the world.

So how did she leave that place, wherever it was? In another vehicle?
Obviously she didn’t call Lyft again.

This is so weird. Sounds like possibly she met up with someone in a vehicle perhaps?

Well what makes them think she left that area, necessarily? How do they know she can’t be close? Surely they’ve searched that area I know..this is SO WEIRD.

I won’t comment further on the SD/SB or CHD things. She was open about most things, but I just don’t see these things being relevant to her case or to the general public at this point. SLCPD has this information and if there is something to it I’m sure they are looking into it.
I'm running behind today, but bless your heart and I understand completely.
Praying today is the day that "Kenzie" comes back safe and sound.
Chi

David Begnaud on Twitter

Hmmm, a parking lot?

Not a residence and not a business means its a landmark or public accommodation. A rest stop, a bus stop, a park, a corner/intersection. An earlier description by LE suggested they didn't need to extensively search the area where she was dropped off. Perhaps its an open area where it would be obvious she isn't there anymore.

Why is LE keeping this location a secret then?!?!?!!! If it doesn’t point to any specific individuals...

This is so weird.

I do see pommy’s latest quote above though that just says it was not a residence.

Again I reiterate, WHY IS LE KEEPING THIS LOCATION A SECRET?! There must be some kind of reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member