Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be on to something. If I was getting dropped off at a park in the middle of the night to meet someone, I wouldn't be getting out of that Lyft until I saw the person I was waiting for (might be inconvenient for Lyft but oh well!). I wouldn't just stand out there alone in the dark. Maybe she got out of the Lyft and got right into another vehicle so the park isn't really helpful for information.
Agree, but I’m thinking it’s someone she had to be familiar with to meet at that time of night. MOO

What a scary situation. I hope she is alright. I have several friends that make BIG Money from SD/SB arrangements, it's pretty common. But it's risky and I hope she is alright/ hope that has nothing to do with it. Unless maybe whoever she's with decided they wanted to "get away?" Like a short trip. You'd think if that were the case ML would contact a family member, but she is an adult. Maybe she didn't want them to know.

David Begnaud on Twitter
.@slcpd police wont tell us what address in north Salt Lake City Mackenzie Lueck went to. “It’s not a business & it’s not a residence” a police spokesman told me. She took a @lyft there; police say they don’t think the driver had anything to do with Mackenzie’s disappearance.
12:05 PM - 24 Jun 2019

CBS This Morning on Twitter (VIDEO includes interview w/friend JC)
Family and friends of a missing University of Utah student are pleading for information about her mysterious disappearance, shortly after taking a Lyft ride. Mackenzie Lueck was last seen one week ago.
7:47 AM - 24 Jun 2019
Well if it it's not a business and it's not a residence, then what is it? A river front free camping spot?

Hotels are businesses, convenient stores are businesses........

There is also Hatch Park which is just up from the NSL exit.

All these areas need to be searched, moo. Unless LE has evidence of a vehicle leaving and going out of that area jmo.

If I were here friends and family that is where I’d be organizing searches. Couldn’t hurt, right??

LE has been so quiet.

Maybe LE brought dogs out and that indicated to them she left the area??

Because they know she left the park, is my thought. She was returning from a trip, she had her luggage. If they felt she hung around the park don't you think they would be all over it? I believe they know she left, how they know it, I'm not sure.
Right. I think LE thinks she left the destination (which is why they aren't bothering telling the public where the destination was)....but they don't know where she went from there.

We need her phone, imo. But if this was voluntary and/or without evidence of foul play, will a judge allow access to her phone records? Is is enough that family/friends are worried?

jmo

Do we have an okay to discuss the sugar daddy angle?

Deer Hollow Park and North Canyon Park are in areas where a wealthy person might live.

Deer Hollow has a NSL address but North Canyon does not. North Canyon is in Bountiful.

There is also Tunnel Springs Park which has a hiking trail and is very popular. It sits behind million dollar homes as well.

I’m not sure Lyft just drops people on the side of the road. There has to be an address put in the app when requesting a ride.

If the Lyft driver saw her enter another vehicle, that info should be put out, imo.

We need to know when and where her phone was turned off.
You do have to enter a destination address when you request the Lyft but once you are in the car you can say hey just drop me off right here. I’ve done it many times.

That being said, the Lyft driver reports that she arrived at her destination so I’m assuming it’s the destination she entered upon requesting the Lyft. Not certain though.

Kenzie obviously has some book smarts imo to be working in a lab, etc.

Would she have gone to meet someone she thought might be hinky? Perhaps she trusted this person, if there is a person. Perhaps this wasn’t their first meeting.

Again LE doesn’t seem to have her phone records yet. Let’s hope that is key.

But if she met with a predator, he could have been covering his tracks (burner phone, etc).

—-

Agree, but I’m thinking it’s someone she had to be familiar with to meet at that time of night. MOO

Same thoughts here.

I'm at a loss of words with this case. I can't even come up with any possibilities of where she is. I also just want to verify some things:
1. LE has not released the general location of where she was dropped off?
2. Has LE been able to ping her phone or have they not released that?
I feel like the lack of information might be a good sign, maybe they have a lead.

@yellowmoose, what kind of activities was Kenzie involved in in high school/college? As someone who had "unique" extracurriculars, I ended up frequenting "places that aren't businesses or residences" a lot.

I believe she used to swim in high school but I only knew her in college so I am not super sure about HS. With her family being LDS, she may have participated in lots of church activities growing up but that depends on the family. As for college classes, sorority, and work took up the majority of her time.

Sugar Daddy/Sugar Baby

In reference to the sugar lifestyle again, I asked my son more about it. He said his friends (girls) find much older men on tinder. Then they make private snapchats to exclusively snap with them.

He said most sugar daddies give them like $400-1500 every time they hang out and he said every girl he knows is either pursuing one or already has one. He said it’s the “thing” in college right now.

JMO

if she was meeting someone at the drop off location, I wonder why that person didn't just pick her up from the airport, or her apartment o_O
Married, easily recognized, never met before? Wonder how anonymous those sites are? I can't imagine her meeting someone with no way to leave unless she was familiar with them. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752