Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't really any houses all that close that would have a doorbell camera. It's on the corner of an intersection. Directly across the street is an apartment complex, but it's a ways away and I don't believe they have cameras, and if they did I think they would be monitoring their own lots, and not the lot of the park across the wide street. There isn't houses facing that direction anyway. They did knock on some doors, and were out talking to people that were at the park, but I don't think they think she stuck around there a anyway IMO.

Do you have any thoughts as to where the neighborhood is in the photo with the homes?

I don’t find it inconceivable that something could have happened in the vehicle, if she met someone there, and then perhaps was left somewhere in the area.

This area needs to have some serious searching done. Why so late for this? Maybe this has happened behind the scenes—-

@sweetcandyapple likely would have noticed a Police Presenxe and dogs and searchers if they were in fact there? Has an organized grid search been done??

How do they know she did not remain in this area?

If she met someone, he may have taken her back to his residence. She could still be alive, moo.

Hey Everyone,
Yes, Mackenzie has the hashtag #callherdaddy on her Insta6and Facebook.
Yes, the hashtag leads to places that discuss Sugar Daddies and Sugar Babies.
This is not that uncommon nor is it shocking.
Please keep in mind that just because Kenzie had this hashtag does not mean she had a sugar daddy or was looking for one. Please, dial back the constant sugar daddy comments. There are many other aspects in this case to discuss. We don't want the surgar daddy rumor to start being stated as fact.

Kenzie's friends and family read here. Please, let's not assume something is a fact just because of a hashtag.

I am on the road but will be checking my phone.

Thank you,
Tricia

Respectfully there is a lot of confusion over this. The hashtag callherdaddy is a podcast that she liked that has nothing to do with sugar daddies.

But then people found where she DID post on sugar daddy groups and was admittedly involved in the "lifestyle" Her friend verified this on the last thread. And said that this is common with college age women in that area.

Which in of itself is not a big deal. The "morality" of it doesn't matter. But when a young woman goes missing (with this history) it has to be questioned if she was meeting a "sugar daddy"

All police vehicles are gone, there is a Fox 13 news SUV parked in the lot, but other than that, it seems they've all left. I personally took these pictures.

Thanks so much for taking these pics, sca!
That park looks to be smallish in size but to have a pretty sizable parking lot, is that the case?
It really looks to me like it's very possible she may have just gone there to be picked up by someone.

JMO.

Ominous....
So: is the 'Sugar Daddy' app angle appropriate to discuss - ? I did not see it mentioned as a no-no at the beginning of thread...?

Think can clearly say this person(s) she met up with were not comfortable picking her up at the airport - stands to reason that they did not wish to be seen picking her up, high security area, surveillance, etc.

Also clear this isn't anyone whom Kenzie would be comfortable enough with to invite to her apartment/home....

Makes me wonder if she did participate in the 'sugar daddy' app (right term?) whomever it is she met up that night was someone she's met with before - because I just don't see a young woman hooking up with someone in a park at 1.30-2 at night with zero prior experience with this person.....

It's certainly all bizarre - and I don't think this will turn out well :(
Sure hope I'm wrong
JMO
OK - was posting - then saw Tricia's post: so it is ok, then....
Have to say that, right now, I cannot think of who she would be comfortable enough to 'hook up' with, but no comfortable enough to simply have them to her home.....it's this gray area: seems like the 'sugar daddy' thing makes the most sense at this point. IMO
Hi Nerissa,

What I am want to see happen is for people to dial back the sugar daddy discussion. People are talking about it like it is a hard core factor.
Since ML has the hashtag #callherdady on her social media then yes we can discuss it but keep in mind this hashtag does not only lead to sugar daddy things. It is used to empower women. "Call her daddy" is kind of a cute way to give the woman the power.

I don’t find it inconceivable that something could have happened in the vehicle, if she met someone there, and then perhaps was left somewhere in the area.

This area needs to have some serious searching done. Why so late for this? Maybe this has happened behind the scenes—-

@sweetcandyapple likely would have noticed a Police Presenxe and dogs and searchers if they were in fact there? Has an organized grid search been done??

If I had to guess, phone pings maybe?

If she met someone, he may have taken her back to his residence. She could still be alive, mooz

They didn't really stick around long, two hours tops and they were gone. They did some walking around and talked to at least the apartment building closest to the park and some people at the park. This leads me to think they have reasonable suspicion that she didn't stay there long, and maybe just got picked up there.

Do you have any thoughts as to where the neighborhood is in the photo with the homes?

Which photo are you talking about? There really aren't homes close to it. Directly to the south is an apartment complex, but it's a ways away across a wide road. Directly to the East is where they're doing construction building a new strip mall and some condos, that is not completed yet. To the North and a bit to the east is houses, but they're a ways away from the parking lot and it would be the backyards of the houses facing the park. To the west is the highway.

If I had to guess, phone pings maybe?
Last I heard they didn’t have phone records yet? Or would this be separate from the pinging? Again they can check the tower records to see who’s phones pinged in thay area during that time. I’m not sure how populated this area is? City data should have the nearby towers.

I think there’s a good chance her belongings have been strewn somewhere in the area. Maybe in a dumpster or along the side of the road, moo.

I would drive along that highway and look on the sides of the roads, moo. It is common for perps to do this, items are often found within a one to two mile radius, moo along the side of the road.

There is also the converse possibility FP didn’t necessarily occur until she got to whichever residence she was going.

Does whomever she met live near that park? Maybe even in your neighborhood, @sweetcandyapple?

If someone planned to abduct her they may have had a certain place in mind to which to take her, if not his residence. Perhaps some kind of outbuilding, garage, shop...if FP occurred immediately, meaning she was immediately restrained, etc, it may not be that far away as this would mean more time for the victim to be in the vehicle. She may very well be close. Like in the neighborhood close, moo. (Or not, who knows).

Last edited:
Originally posted in the last thread by @HayLouise

Erin Cox on Twitter
HAPPENING NOW: @slcpd detectives return to the area in N. Salt Lake they say Mackenzie Lueck’s Lyft driver dropped her off. They’re also knocking doors in the area to see if anyone saw anything. “Our concern is extremely high right now,” said Sgt. Brandon Shearer. @fox13
D919lCVVUAQJ1Tx.jpg

D919lCTVUAcsGhs.jpg

11:23 AM - 24 Jun 2019

I think this could be Tunnel Springs Park based on the tennis courts. ?
Google Maps

ETA, Nope - looks more like Hatch Park. Thanks, @yellowmoose

Hatch Park: Google Maps
Clearly looks like Hatch Park from Google Earth.

David Begnaud on Twitter
BREAKING: Missing University of Utah student #MackenzieLueck was dropped off at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City on June 17th. She took a @lyft to the park which is located near the 15 freeway. Police are putting out a statement with new details, soon
2:49 PM - 24 Jun 2019

So hopefully some additional currently unknown information will be shared? Now that the location is out.

Salt Lake police set up tip line for missing University of Utah student
[...]

Still, the sergeant said the fact that Lueck has seemingly disappeared without a trace has police "very concerned."

[...]

Shearer said investigators have interviewed both the Lyft driver and the company and say their accounts of what happened corroborate with the evidence collected. The driver was cooperative with detectives, he said, and is "not a suspect at this time."

[...]

Police are not saying where in North Salt Lake Lueck was dropped off or even if it was in a residential area, business area, a park or somewhere else.

"Just in case this does turn into a criminal investigation, we're withholding that information," Shearer said Monday.

[...]

"We have reason to believe she did not stay in that area very long," he said.

Police have not said if they believe Lueck may have left the area in another vehicle or walked away, or if there is any surveillance video of her from that area.

[...]

Treading into the theory, not the fact, of SB/SD.

I would think one of the appeals of being in a SB/SD involvement is that the SB is treated well. But arranging someone to meet you in a parking lot off a highway in the middle of the night isn't how to treat someone well. It's spooky to meet in a parking lot in the middle of the night.

Seems like someone with no manners or consideration, not like someone who enjoys being a SD showering attention and gifts on a beautiful young date.

But maybe it's someone she knew rather well (or thought she did) and therefore she overlooked the inconsideration. Or, it's someone not a SD at all.

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member