Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salt Lake police set up tip line for missing University of Utah student
[...]

Still, the sergeant said the fact that Lueck has seemingly disappeared without a trace has police "very concerned."

[...]

Shearer said investigators have interviewed both the Lyft driver and the company and say their accounts of what happened corroborate with the evidence collected. The driver was cooperative with detectives, he said, and is "not a suspect at this time."

[...]

Police are not saying where in North Salt Lake Lueck was dropped off or even if it was in a residential area, business area, a park or somewhere else.

"Just in case this does turn into a criminal investigation, we're withholding that information," Shearer said Monday.

[...]

"We have reason to believe she did not stay in that area very long," he said.

Police have not said if they believe Lueck may have left the area in another vehicle or walked away, or if there is any surveillance video of her from that area.

[...]
oh dear "evidence collected" "she did not stay in that area very long" - they know something IMO. and it isn't good.

It's definitely hatch park, photos match up perfectly with google street view
Agree- looks identical

To Add: You don't get off a plane and go to a random park to meet a stranger at 2:00am. See seems too intelligent for that level of risk taking. She went voluntarily and she knew who she was meeting. That means there will be tons of history on her phone records, when they get them, as to who this was.

Also remember that here are lots of cases where young women just check out for a while. Remember Tashala Turner? Romana Tokarova? Everyone swore it wasn't in their character until it was.

Why didn't they bring tracking dogs?

What was the weather like between Monday and Thursday? If there was any rain, the tracking dogs might have been useless. A short track that disappeared might mean that she got into a car... or it might not.

Do we know if there was anyone else in the Lyft car with her (besides the driver, of course)? I think it's probably more likely that she went to the park to meet someone there. However, she could have hit it off with someone on the plane or in the airport and the person said "Come with me to pick up my car and then I'll take you home."

oh dear "evidence collected" "she did not stay in that area very long" - they know something IMO. and it isn't good.

“Evidence collected” isn’t necessarily physical evidence.

That could be surveillance footage and/or phone records.

Perhaps her phone changed locations shortly after she was dropped off.

I know that Kenzie was attending her grandma Gerry's funeral in LA that weekend, which of course would be a sad occasion, and she apparently went to LA alone. This could all be overwhelming, especially if someone is already under academic, financial or other kinds of stress.
Do we know how Kenzie responds to stressors? Is she the type to 'bolt', make sudden trips, act impulsively when under stress...
Financially speaking: I wondered if the sudden trip to her Grandma's funeral was within her month's budget.
She would need a round trip plane ticket. Did she have to pay for transport in LA? Was her budget stretched to the limit? I am looking for any possible reason why she would be in a city park at 1:30AM....brainstorming.
If any of these questions are not allowed, please forgive.
My heart goes out to this young lady and her concerned family <3

Michael Locklear on Twitter
This is the park in North Salt Lake where a Lyft driver dropped off @UUtah student Mackenzie Lueck a week ago. Three neighbors tell me police came by late this morning and asked if they saw anything.
D92UxLtU0AAfIZJ.jpg
D92UxLuUEAAE_Yo.jpg

1:04 PM - 24 Jun 2019

Here’s another thing and I hate to say it as perhaps it sounds far fetched.

It would surprise me that if this is a sexual crime it was recorded by the perp, considering the possible online/internet nature of the connection.

I better slow down here.

LE says they know she left the area. Does this mean just the park or the WHOLE VICINITY? Again, how do they know this.

My guess is whoever she met had a deliberate plan and place ready for her. Whether this is his basement or god knows where else.

Storage rooms in the area? They would have cams...

Maybe some sort of garage building if not his residence. Moo.

All police vehicles are gone, there is a Fox 13 news SUV parked in the lot, but other than that, it seems they've all left. I personally took these pictures.

I haven't caught up so forgive me if this was already asked. Was there a big police presence or just a vehicle or two? Thank you.

“Evidence collected” isn’t necessarily physical evidence.

That could be surveillance footage and/or phone records.

Perhaps her phone changed locations shortly after she was dropped off.
But without the records how would they know this? Unless her parents/friends had location turned on for texting, snapchat etc? I can see a scenario that if they did have this - they may want to know her plan landed (she would take it off of airplane mode) and would see her moving to that park from the airport? I've done this myself (love this technology) - otherwise without the warrant/subpoena yet - how would anyone know where her phone was? It is good they have collected something whatever it may be - let's hope it leads to finding her. JMO

I know that Kenzie was attending her grandma Gerry's funeral in LA that weekend, which of course would be a sad occasion, and she apparently went to LA alone. This could all be overwhelming, especially if someone is already under academic, financial or other kinds of stress.
Do we know how Kenzie responds to stressors? Is she the type to 'bolt', make sudden trips, act impulsively when under stress...
Financially speaking: I wondered if the sudden trip to her Grandma's funeral was within her month's budget.
She would need a round trip plane ticket. Did she have to pay for transport in LA? Was her budget stretched to the limit? I am looking for any possible reason why she would be in a city park at 1:30AM....brainstorming.
If any of these questions are not allowed, please forgive.
My heart goes out to this young lady and her concerned family <3

My thought, and this is pure conjecture, is that her parents paid for or helped pay for the flights to and from her grandmother's funeral. I don't think they would make her pay her way herself but again that's just my thoughts. And no, she's not the type to bolt under stressors either. Good questions.

Ominous....
So: is the 'Sugar Daddy' app angle appropriate to discuss - ? I did not see it mentioned as a no-no at the beginning of thread...?

Think can clearly say this person(s) she met up with were not comfortable picking her up at the airport - stands to reason that they did not wish to be seen picking her up, high security area, surveillance, etc.

Also clear this isn't anyone whom Kenzie would be comfortable enough with to invite to her apartment/home....

Makes me wonder if she did participate in the 'sugar daddy' app (right term?) whomever it is she met up that night was someone she's met with before - because I just don't see a young woman hooking up with someone in a park at 1.30-2 at night with zero prior experience with this person.....

It's certainly all bizarre - and I don't think this will turn out well :(
Sure hope I'm wrong
JMO
OK - was posting - then saw Tricia's post: so it is ok, then....
Have to say that, right now, I cannot think of who she would be comfortable enough to 'hook up' with, but no comfortable enough to simply have them to her home.....it's this gray area: seems like the 'sugar daddy' thing makes the most sense at this point. IMO
If the guy she met was on the up and up with nothing to hide why not meet her at the police station nearby? I’m assuming he wanted to avoid the cameras. Ugh she’s so young and naive. When are these young college student female going to learn to travel in pairs.

But without the records how would they know this? Unless her parents/friends had location turned on for texting, snapchat etc? I can see a scenario that if they did have this - they may want to know her plan landed (she would take it off of airplane mode) and would see her moving to that park from the airport? I've done this myself (love this technology) - otherwise without the warrant/subpoena yet - how would anyone know where her phone was? It is good they have collected something whatever it may be - let's hope it leads to finding her. JMO

Perhaps the threshold for requesting a phone ping, is lower than obtaining a search warrant for the records themselves.

One reason I don’t think they recovered anything physical, is that it would change the course of this investigation.

Warrants would likely be executed left and right, and this would change from a missing persons investigation, to a criminal one.

Which photo are you talking about? There really aren't homes close to it. Directly to the south is an apartment complex, but it's a ways away across a wide road. Directly to the East is where they're doing construction building a new strip mall and some condos, that is not completed yet. To the North and a bit to the east is houses, but they're a ways away from the parking lot and it would be the backyards of the houses facing the park. To the west is the highway.

The 2nd photo in the tweet in this post

UT - UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

I don’t find it inconceivable that something could have happened in the vehicle, if she met someone there, and then perhaps was left somewhere in the area.

This area needs to have some serious searching done. Why so late for this? Maybe this has happened behind the scenes—-

@sweetcandyapple likely would have noticed a Police Presenxe and dogs and searchers if they were in fact there? Has an organized grid search been done??

How do they know she did not remain in this area?

If she met someone, he may have taken her back to his residence. She could still be alive, moo.
Yes like Blaze Bernstein college student was murdered in the park after a hookup meeting Samuel Woodward from Tinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life