Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for you, and you don’t have to answer it if it makes you uncomfortable or whatever, but how close are you to that park, because they said they’ve been searching and canvassing and knocking on doors, yet I haven’t heard this mentioned by you. In your opinion, are you close enough to that park that they should be knocking on your door?

I'm pretty close, although I'm not in the apartments right across from the park, I'm right across from the police station on Main Street. So I don't think I'm close enough, I can't actually see the park from where I live, especially if they don't think she stuck around and simply got picked up, I'm not surprised they didn't knock on my door. I do know they were knocking on doors at the apartments directly across, North Pointe, and were talking to people at the park this morning, but other than that I haven't heard where else they may have gone to canvas.

Right?? I mean, here we are criticizing the driver for dropping her off where she asked. I can imagine if a driver was found to have refused to drop a passenger where they requested, we'd be up in arms about that! I sympathize with this Lyft driver, I do not feel like he/she had anything to do with it and was just doing their job. MOO.
I would only drop my passenger off at a safe location that’s just me.

Females always feel safer with female drivers especially at night. I used to drive for a female driver and female rider company called see Jane go here in CA I loved it after a year if folded.
Sadly, not a huge thing in Brazil. We have Uber and 99 (which you CAN ask for a female driver, but that usually means you won't get a ride) as the big ones, and a female rider company that hasn't really been able to get famous at all.

Another thing, why did it take so long to reveal the drop off location?
Maybe they didn’t want media and people there contaminating search areas.
I agree. And thinking about not revealing what she was wearing or a description from the airport, it doesn’t sound like they want the public out searching for her, which is odd. Unless, they have a pretty good idea what happened? Idk... MOO and all that

I'm pretty close, although I'm not in the apartments right across from the park, I'm right across from the police station on Main Street. So I don't think I'm close enough, I can't actually see the park from where I live, especially if they don't think she stuck around and simply got picked up, I'm not surprised they didn't knock on my door.

I hear ya, but I can name an example where even someone nearby but not right there might be helpful because if you have surveillance per say, it shows what direction the vehicle may have headed in. But if you’re across from the police station, then they would have similar views and location for reference.

Do you think its possible they are holding back some of this more personal information because they do believe this is a voluntary missing? That is why the Detective spoke to her directly, is giving her an opportunity to let them know so they can call off the search? IDK just seems to me like they are not to convinced that a crime has occurred. Really only reason I can see for them withholding so much information that would be so vital in helping identify and find a missing person. JMO
Or if someone is holding her captive against her will, it gives him an out to let ML go with the promise she will say she just wanted to get away for awhile.
jmo

I don't think they can "hold a customer" in the car, so to speak, but I guess the driver could stay parked until they were sure the person was safe, like going into an establishment or into a car?
You can drop the person off anywhere if they are giving you trouble and be picked up by another. It’s all about the ratings. It’s your car not a taxi you are an independent contractor.

So according to what we now know, the entire Lyft trip was about 8 mins? If they really do have driver immediately taking other rides, that is an incredibly short time frame.

Unless more info is discovered, I think the driver is just a witness here. What I’m now hoping for is that he is a good witness and saw enough to lead the police to the person who picked ML up at the park. LE seems to be indicating they don’t know much about that person but that could be subterfuge.

Jmo.

IF she and this person met on a sugar site, don’t those have user reputation comments, scores and such? Comments could be left for her and vice versa? Wonder if that would help find this person?

This is such a weird thing to me. Could anybody explain possible reasons for this? TIA.
As a female Lyft driver I wouldn’t have dropped off my alone female young passenger in a park period only the police station, residence or restaurant, or bar not at a park at night.
I am
As a female Lyft driver I wouldn’t have dropped off my alone female young passenger in a park period only the police station, residence or restaurant, or bar not at a park at night.
Is it possible for a third party to arrange a ride for someone? Just curious. MOo

Here’s another thing—-

Earlier I had said maybe whoever picked her up lives close to that area, but I’m remembering Chris Hansen’s “To Catch a Predator” and how often they drive long distances to meet up with people.

She really could be anywhere and I imagine LE is weeding through tons of traffic cam and highway footage, etc.
My hunch it's a long or long'ish distance to where he lives. That's why he picked a park off the highway, imo.

jmo

I hope they check his car for blood. Lyft driver can say anything and there’s ways he can hide his tracks from Lyft. It doesn’t take long to rape someone. Here in SOC CA young girl was raped by Uber driver in back seat of his vehicle
I agree. I immediately suspected the Lyft driver. I know that bad things can and have happened with them. But at the press conference they did ask and he replied that the Lyft driver took calls immediately after dropping Mackenzie. So if it’s true he picked up another customer immediately after dropping Mackenzie then I think that’s a pretty solid alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member