Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting, long time reading as an outsider.

It seems the popular SD hypothetical has been run with as far as one can until more details are provided & there isn’t reason to disagree with the Lyft driver’s story, as the police do not. Based on what SLCPD has provided, two other possibilities aren’t really being considered here:
1. The driver could be female.
2. The driver could be male and not her SD.

Thoughts? She could have seemed “happy” or “not in distress” when “she made contact” if the driver of the other vehicle was someone familiar to her.

A thought just jumped into my head...with the late hour could her meet up person have been tired (maybe woke up to meet her) and they had a yet-undiscovered car accident?

My next obvious question is... are there any bodies of water nearby?

The fact that her phone is not on and she has not used her bank cards or credit cards and from what we've been informed of it seems like she was very happy to see this person....could this be a very tragic accident?

Are there any men in the greater area who have been reported missing as well?

I know that there would have to be a very, very good reason for me to miss a wedding that I was planning to attend.

In addition, she had recently lost her grandmother so I imagine that a chance to be close to her family during a time like this would be something that she would jump at.

Maybe things aren't what they seem?
Perhaps a terrible accident has happened?

JMO and jumbled thoughts

I don't get why women need to feel empowered these days. And I'm a woman. I don't feel put down or less powerful. I need a young person to help me understand the female mind I guess. I'm serious, I'm not trying to be argumentative...I'm just trying to understand.

Empowerment and fear are really closely linked. Feeling empowered is a way to push fear out and feel more in control of ones
emotions and behaviors. I think that many young girls (of which I am one, or like to think at 29 I still fit I to the young category!) would rather take ownership and autonomy and call it empowerment over feel scared and afraid about others. If being in control and making decisions where THEY are the one leading how they are approached, treated, etc. it can remove some of the fear from their brains and calm them.

All MOO but again, this is what I study for a living and teach- so I am fairly versed on these topics of victimology, mental health, and criminology.

It’s not about how you feel, it’s about respecting that all people, men and women, can make whatever choices they want. They can freely express their wants and desires, can interact with other consenting adults, and there is no one set way a woman feels anything. If you feel empowered by item A, and I feel empowered by item B, so what? We’re individuals.
Exactly. And thank you for saying what I was going to say.

non-working cameras at the location she was dropped? How interesting. Especially with the warning signs at the entrance. Hmmm, who would know that the cameras are not working? Significant or no?
Part of me says it's a coincidence. And part of me says no such thing as a coincidence.

A meeting place in a parking lot of a park with no working cameras off the highway in the middle of the night when the person could have easily picked her up from the airport (where there are a million cameras). Ummm....hinky meter turned on and tuned in.

jmo

I have a college-age son (friends with one of Kenzie's younger brothers), and he never knows what his roommates are doing. They're all guys, so maybe that makes a difference, but I'll ask him if so-and-so is back from Xmas break yet and he won't know and won't know when the guy is coming back.
My cousin is a flight attendant and he has two (female) roommates. While they do talk to each other a lot, are close friends and generally know if one of them is home, sometimes they are like "oh, I have no idea where A or B is today, I haven't seen them all week".

Sure, flight attendants have a very peculiar routine, but still, I guess sometimes people just assume others are doing their own thing and that's it.

A thought just jumped into my head...with the late hour could her meet up person have been tired (maybe woke up to meet her) and they had a yet-undiscovered car accident?

My next obvious question is... are there any bodies of water nearby?

The fact that her phone is not on and she has not used her bank cards or credit cards and from what we've been informed of it seems like she was very happy to see this person....could this be a very tragic accident?

Are there any men in the greater area who have been reported missing as well?

I know that there would have to be a very, very good reason for me to miss a wedding that I was planning to attend.

In addition, she had recently lost her grandmother so I imagine that a chance to be close to her family during a time like this would be something that she would jump at.

Maybe things aren't what they seem?
Perhaps a terrible accident has happened?

JMO and jumbled thoughts

But what about her luggage?

Part of me says it's a coincidence. And part of me says no such thing as a coincidence.

A meeting place in a parking lot of a park with no working cameras off the highway in the middle of the night when the person could have easily picked her up from the airport (where there are a million cameras). Ummm....hinky meter turned on and tuned in.

jmo

But your intended victim dropped off by a Lyft driver who can ID you and your car? That's risky.

Well.....some here are unhappy @ discussing the SD/SB angle - however (& maybe I missed it, threads going so fast!) - I have yet to see anyone who doesn't like that 'angle' to give a theory of their own...
I'd love to see one
In all sincerity - I would....
A gal, after attending funeral for beloved Grandma, having been gone a weekend, having midterms starting next day arranges to meet up at 3am an unknown male who she is happy to see.....so: ignoring SD angle: what do you think happened?
Aside from ab affair - I'm pretty much a blank as to what could have occurred....

Suppose maybe she just hooked up with a friend (why at the park though, why didn't they pick her up from airport, why not a lyft ride to his house, why not meet at her place??)- something happened, maybe accident, maybe even car accident that hasn't yet been discovered.......

Sure like to see more theories not related to SD/SB....

JMO

This was brought up by a VI, so AFAIK, we can discuss.
I think as long as the discussion about SB/SD is how it potentially (or not) relates to THIS PARTICULAR case, we are okay.

It's the discussions about SB/SD in general (is it empowering, is it dangerous, is it exploitive, is it common, is it liberating, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.) that drags the discussion down and veers totally off topic.

We don't need to all voice our personal opinion on SB/SD in order to include it as a factor in the case discussion. imo.

My opinion only.

jmo

Well.....some here are unhappy @ discussing the SD/SB angle - however (& maybe I missed it, threads going so fast!) - I have yet to see anyone who doesn't like that 'angle' to give a theory of their own...
I'd love to see one
A gal, after attending funeral for beloved Grandma, having been gone a weekend, having midterms starting next day arranges to meet up at 3am an unknown male who she is happy to see.....so: ignoring SD angle: what do you think happened?
Aside from ab affair - I'm pretty much a blank as to what could have occurred....

Suppose maybe she just hooked up with a friend (why at the park though, why didn't they pick her up from airport, why not a lyft ride to his house, why not meet at her place??)- something happened, maybe accident, maybe even car accident that hasn't yet been discovered.......

JMO

agree 100% the only other theory that I have is that a potential SO/friend/ex-bf (someone of that nature who may have been interested in her romantically) may have gotten upset that she was being a SB, and may have become jealous. It's a long shot, but possible. At that point I would wonder why that person would not have picked her up at the airport though...

I'd love to see one

JMO
Drug deal? Seriously, I have no idea. I think we should be able to discuss that angle because it’s relevant but it’s not up to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member