Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not confirmed that the person she met was a male. What if the person was a female? And what about a male she knew who was not her SD?
I think I missed something from being away today. Was it confirmed that she actually met someone there? Sorry, I am a bit behind and would appreciate anyone that can fill me in since the last five or six hours.

Some questions about Lyft....

Can the driver also input the address? Could he have changed it on his own App?

If you do change the address, does that show up as a change or is only the final destination recorded?

If only input is from passenger, maybe he have grabbed her phone and changed the address to the park himself so the ride did not look off course? Again would love to know if change is registered or not!

Does the Lyft app track the time spent at a destination? I can't imagine a ton of calls coming in at 3 am. If he took his next call even 15-20 minutes later after drop off, did that leave time for him to assault her and hide her? Would love to know if the App shows how long he was at each place, not just the path taken.

With cameras down, now we are taking his word she met someone. But can't provide make or model. I understand it's dark and at the time seemingly not important, but still maybe it would stand out enough dropping off a pretty young girl at 3 am in a park to remember something about the vehicle.

I’m thinking it could just be a new relationship (not necessarily SD/SB) and she texted him on a whim to see if he was awake after landing. Could be he lives with parents/roommates and they agreed to meet at the park and then figure out where to go?

JMO
It's been mentioned that she was seeing different people. Do we know if any go to college with her?
It seems like her friends were not aware of anyone in particular. Imo

Currently, this is what I think happened. MY OPINION ONLY!

Kenzie landed in SLC and texted her parents to let them know she'd arrived. She hired a Lyft driver from the app on her phone to take her home and waited at the airport. The Lyft driver picked her up at the airport and saw his passenger was a beautiful lady, all alone in the middle of the night. Instead of taking her directly to her house, he either overrode her destination instructions or said he needed to make a quick detour. The Lyft driver pulled into the park and made a pass at Kenzie. She rejected his pass and he subdued her, possibly ending her life. The driver placed Kenzie in his trunk and made a few more pickups afterwards for an alibi. Most likely any future riders wouldn't need to put anything in his trunk unless they were going to or coming from the airport, so they wouldn't encounter her body. After his shift ended, he did something with Kenzie and her luggage.

The police aren't pointing to the Lyft driver as a POI yet because they don't want to scare him off while they get the necessary warrants and fact check his story.

I hope I'm wrong and Kenzie is alive somewhere just hiding out.

How far was the airport from this place?

2:50 AM?!?!

How convenient- another missing persons case, and the blasted cameras either aren't working or they are motion sensor cameras that conveniently cut out just as the driver of the car gets out.

What good are these damn cameras?
About 10 miles. Google Maps

That was my first question, but—maybe he thought that she got a ride home, and was driving her own car over to the park?
Would've taken too much time. I'm pretty sure she would've told him she was going to be another 30 minutes because she was going to go home for her car first. And if he thought that, why even meet at the park? She could go home, get her car, and meet him at their final destination.

Yellowmoose: you are saying that you could believe that she would leave, then....but just not 'spur of the moment'
If that's what you're saying....why do you think she'd 'run off' planned or not?
TIA

My theory is she went to the park to meet up with this person voluntarily but something went south and what is going on now is not something she wants to be a part of. As I've mentioned before, this is not typical Kenzie behavior. She has too much going for her right now to throw it all away.

However, in the instance that she did decide to up and leave (which I do NOT believe happened) she is intelligent. So I can assume she would be smart about her decisions and plans prior to leaving. But again, I do not think this happened. I know Kenzie. This is not her typical behavior to not answer her phone, not talk to friends and family, not at least let people know she's safe.

Hi. I’m new here. I always look to WS when I’m interested in a case and you guys always help think outside the box.
I’m also a local. I’m very familiar with the park she was dropped off at. It is Hatch Park on Center street in NSL. I find a few things interesting about the location. 1. It is directly adjacent to the freeway and in plain view of the interstate. Assuming they used the main parking lot and not the eastern smaller one, then anyone traveling on the interstate northbound could see. 2. Center street in NSL does not have a northbound exit. Only south bound. The Lyft car had to take an indirect route to the park. Most likely via highway 89 through a major intersection that would have traffic cameras. In addition, I feel like whomever she met is either local of NSL or came from the north and that person likely dictated the location.

And just FYI Hatch Park is an easy 10 min drive from her home near liberty park without traffic. She would never use the interstate if she were coming from home but from the airport she would.
Welcome, Karebear20. :)

Could be the cameras are fake and never worked, just used as a deterrent.

Speaking of camera's if I were in the ride share business I think I would have a dash cam running all of the time on the inside of the car. It's a protection for the driver and the rider...jmo
I keep a dual dashcam for the road and backseat when Lyfting and Ubering. I always kept a big heavy police baton type flashlight, taser and pepper spray. I’ve heard of some carrying guns but if caught they would be dropped from the company. Thats why I wondered if he could have apprehended her because most drivers have what I carry in my vehicle. I hope LE searched his car. You just never know.

I hope it was a female driver but LE isn’t saying

It’s just so weird to make someone you want to see at 2:00am have to take the time to arrange a Lyft ride and pay for it when you could’ve driven the extra 10 minutes to just pick her up. AND arrange the meeting in an isolated parking spot. It sure doesn’t seem like someone who cared about her, so why the need to see her at that hour.

I’m still unsure about the driver. It’s possible to have incapacitated her at the park, put her in the trunk, go to pick up other riders for an alibi, then harm her at a later time.

Hi. I’m new here. I always look to WS when I’m interested in a case and you guys always help think outside the box.
I’m also a local. I’m very familiar with the park she was dropped off at. It is Hatch Park on Center street in NSL. I find a few things interesting about the location. 1. It is directly adjacent to the freeway and in plain view of the interstate. Assuming they used the main parking lot and not the eastern smaller one, then anyone traveling on the interstate northbound could see. 2. Center street in NSL does not have a northbound exit. Only south bound. The Lyft car had to take an indirect route to the park. Most likely via highway 89 through a major intersection that would have traffic cameras. In addition, I feel like whomever she met is either local of NSL or came from the north and that person likely dictated the location.

And just FYI Hatch Park is an easy 10 min drive from her home near liberty park without traffic. She would never use the interstate if she were coming from home but from the airport she would.

Wonder what the possibilities are of sex trafficking?

I think I missed something from being away today. Was it confirmed that she actually met someone there? Sorry, I am a bit behind and would appreciate anyone that can fill me in since the last five or six hours.
Yes, she met an unknown person at Hatch Park and we have a more detailed timeline:

1:35 a.m. ML's flight landed in SLC
2:01 a.m. ML texted her mother
2:42 a.m. Lyft taken from airport
2:59 a.m. Lyft arrived at Hatch Park

Also, you can watch the press conference here:

Currently, this is what I think happened. MY OPINION ONLY!

Kenzie landed in SLC and texted her parents to let them know she'd arrived. She hired a Lyft driver from the app on her phone to take her home and waited at the airport. The Lyft driver picked her up at the airport and saw his passenger was a beautiful lady, all alone in the middle of the night. Instead of taking her directly to her house, he either overrode her destination instructions or said he needed to make a quick detour. The Lyft driver pulled into the park and made a pass at Kenzie. She rejected his pass and he subdued her, possibly ending her life. The driver placed Kenzie in his trunk and made a few more pickups afterwards for an alibi. Most likely any future riders wouldn't need to put anything in his trunk unless they were going to or coming from the airport, so they wouldn't encounter her body. After his shift ended, he did something with Kenzie and her luggage.

The police aren't pointing to the Lyft driver as a POI yet because they don't want to scare him off while they get the necessary warrants and fact check his story.

I hope I'm wrong and Kenzie is alive somewhere just hiding out.

Possible - just seems super risky - & you'd have to have quite the arrogant aplomb to think you can outwit LE.....just asking for trouble (editing to add: doing this right across from a police station!! eh, who knows: maybe thumbing his nose)
If this driver wanted to abduct females - sadly, way better ways to do it then in a car with GPS, & tracking via the company you work for & other passengers in & out of car, etc.
Who knows, though - if so, hope LE on it - either way: hope a break ASAP in this case
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members