Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard K. De Atley (@RKDeAtley) | Twitter
Prosecutor Sean Daugherty, leaving the courthouse, was asked if jurors explained the mixed recommendations. “Not really,” he said.” They were very thorough and very thoughtful with what they did.”

Merritt defense attorney Jacob Guerard said outside court jurors also did not explain to him their reasons for splitting their recommendations.The panel did tell the defense, "we did a really good job, but it wasn't enough," he said.

"We're disappointed, but the fight doesn't stop here," he said,

He THOUGHT for second that he was getting LWOP, LMAOOOOO. Loooooooooser as he is. Did you see his fake tears for 1/2 a second?

Edmo (or anyone else who knows!) perhaps this has been mentioned here and I missed it but: When there are two different sentences (conflicting) does he serve the harshest one? Am I not thinking this through???

It just means that CM will spend his natural life in a cell w/o the luxury of having contact with other inmates, or be able to have a job. He WILL be spending his time in a cell, possibly with 1 other inmate and have to be restrained everytime he leaves his cell. Most inmates that are isolated end up having mental health problems, which he deserves, IMO.

To commit these murders, this Creep already has a weird mind, and a life in prison, will certainly help that along.
No pleasant times just around the corner.:D
Let this Creep contemplate about his past actions, for a very long time.
MOO.

I'm beyond relieved by the guilty verdict, and pleased with the death penalty Merritt so richly deserves... I used to live in San Clemente and followed this story for years; never bought the crazy theory the McStays "moved" to Mexico, abandoning their brand-new house, their dogs, leaving bowls of half-eaten food behind. The actions of Merritt were truly beyond depraved, but the way the trial went I worried he would somehow manage to slither away. Thank goodness he didn't. My gratitude to the jury... not only was this a huge sacrifice of their time, but the forensic exhibits they had to view were horrific. God bless them.

Richard K.
SNIPPED
Merritt defense attorney Jacob Guerard said outside court jurors also did not explain to him their reasons for splitting their recommendations.The panel did tell the defense, "we did a really good job, but it wasn't enough," he said.

"We're disappointed, but the fight doesn't stop here," he said,

Hey, I "ask", What fight?
A fight to get a quadruple murderer off for YOUR ego? For YOU to get more murderers to hire you?
Maybe someone from the Mexican Cartels with big money from their drug businesses who want a winning defence lawyer to get them off for multiple murders that include innocent children as well?
There is plenty of those down here at the Mexican border.
I personally am just too old and wise to believe for a minute, that Chase Merritt's defence team thinks that he is an innocent man.
In my opinion, getting an innocent man out of trumped up charges is NOT their motivation.

It's all about fame, notoriety and MONEY.
This was no "To kill a mockingbird" defence.
I truly don't know how they sleep at night.
Absolutely just my opinion. I do hope it's allowed, now that we all know what this jury convicted Chase Merritt for doing.
PFTTT.

I'm a bit confused by the verdict ... but I don't think it is going to mean much in the end. I could see it if they didn't find him guilty in the 1st degree of murdering Joey? Interesting.
Maybe there was one hold-out juror on this count, and since there were already 3 death penalties it was kind of moot, so they just went with LWOP.

Great news that the Jury did their due diligence with this lengthy Trial.
Good to know that Merritt got what he deserved.
Love & Prayers to the McStay and Aranda families on your journey of trying to heal from such a senseless and horrendous crime inflicted upon your beloved family members.

I am so going to put this behind me. Although, I will never forget.
God Bless and Thank You San Bernadino Law Enforcement for picking up this mere flicker of a torch and making it into the absolute Bonfire that it really was.
I know that there are probably a dozen of you, or more, who quietly went about your business of bringing this quadruple murderer to justice.
I hope that somewhere, you are all appreciating your many years of hard work.
Most Sincerely,
Kali in So. California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members