GUILTY TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #12

I agree and the fact there is blood where it was at all. And probably things we do not even know about. There is a felony murder case here, and plenty of evidence, just a matter of what level of charge I guess based on Texas law/options and what they think they can prove.

Unless there was a significant amount of forensic evidence left behind in the apartment, I think we will also have to be dependent on stacking the aggravating factors here for a lengthy sentence. In other words, I hope they don't overcharge DV a la CA.

Maleah was a fragile child with previous brain trauma. Reportedly, she was suppose to be wearing a helmet for a year to protect herself from injury, yet I don't believe the helmet was seen past her days in hospital.

What would be just an ordinary fall for one child could probably be fatal for somebody like Maleah -- and no doubt defense will argue this strongly to defend against any 1st degree murder charge.

We also know that prior injury to Maleah did not occur in their current residence since the family only lived there since about February 2019. Hopefully they can tie all the evidence found there to her last, fatal injury and/or homicide.

DV's ridiculous tale of abduction won't prove murder -- just that he blames others when caught, and that he's lacking in intelligence.

Similarly, hiding a corpse also doesn't prove murder.

Waiting patiently for the autopsy report......:eek:.

MOO

Unless there was a significant amount of forensic evidence left behind in the apartment, I think we will also have to be dependent on stacking the aggravating factors here for a lengthy sentence. In other words, I hope they don't overcharge DV a la CA.

Maleah was a fragile child with previous brain trauma. Reportedly, she was suppose to be wearing a helmet for a year to protect herself from injury, yet I don't believe the helmet was seen past her days in hospital.

What would be just an ordinary fall for one child could probably be fatal for somebody like Maleah -- and no doubt defense will argue this strongly to defend against any 1st degree murder charge.

We also know that prior injury to Maleah did not occur in their current residence since the family only lived there since about February 2019. Hopefully they can tie all the evidence found there to her last, fatal injury and/or homicide.

DV's ridiculous tale of abduction won't prove murder -- just that he blames others when caught, and that he's lacking in intelligence.

MOO

I agree, overcharging can backfire, a higher bar to prove. I do not know Texas laws and options to charge but I know that not getting her help alone when he said he pushed or threw her off of his lap and she was not responsive is a fairly major charge in itself in many states. I think with the totality of evidence they have enough for a murder charge of some sort and that is just based on what we know.

But I do understand what you mean depending on autopsy results and former injuries and gauging what they have enough they feel to prove easily or beyond a doubt to a jury.

Waiting for that autopsy report as well. It can go a long way to sealing the deal if they were able to determine anything.

Jmo.

MOO

After what happened today in the Sherin Mathews case, which was pretty clear from the autopsy, I'm not so sure we're going to get Justice for Maleah.

After what happened today in the Sherin Mathews case, which was pretty clear from the autopsy, I'm not so sure we're going to get Justice for Maleah.

What?!

Injury to a child by omission and not calling 911...

Hope DA has sufficient evidence and doesn't have to settle for something like this.

MOO

rsbm

For those of us who aren't subscribers and can't access the article, could you please copy and paste BB's full eulogy? Thank you so much.

pocketaccent--thank you for providing the link, but I am blocked from reading the article because I am not a subscriber to the paper. If someone could copy and paste BB's full eulogy I would really appreciate it. TIA

pocketaccent--thank you for providing the link, but I am blocked from reading the article because I am not a subscriber to the paper. If someone could copy and paste BB's full eulogy I would really appreciate it. TIA
I've attached a file on my post, (#400). Click on the file attached to read, not the link. Click on the 'Arrow button' to enlarge. :)

Last edited:

MOO

I totally agree with all of your points. If there is at least some tangible evidence from the residence that can counter DV's claim about an accident, or that she died a natural death, there could be a good chance for charging him for homicide. (And not first-degree, it is too hard to prove).

Of course circumstantial evidence is really important, and if BB was willing to testify that DV punched MB in the head before (and maybe more than once) it would be strong circumstantial evidence imo. QT stated that BB told him that, but unless he wore a wire, or had a tape playing, that is likely considered hearsay in court. BB has to step up for Maleah and tell the truth. Sadly, I don't see her rising to the occasion.

Maleah Davis buried in private service Saturday
(Click through the photos to page 14 and you will see BB's full eulogy for MD.)

'Thank you for molding me into the woman that I am now. You've taught me patience and you've taught me discipline.'

'You've showed [sic] me the true meaning of love and when I'd make a mistake you'd always say "It's okay momma, I love you" And although, you've seen my flaws, you loved me unconditionally ...'

BB saw MD as a Mother figure? Sounds like there's a role reversal here. BB may just be a very very immature woman who wasn't and isn't ready to love anyone other than herself.
What a terrible burden for little Maleah! Being responsible for her mother's happiness and acting as a role model to guide BB into maturity and showing her what love is. SMDH.

Yes, absolutely a role reversal. I sound like a broken record saying this again... IMO my experience from working with at-risk parents is that there's a universal dysfunction in the way the parent views the child, starting from the reason they have kids in the first place; sometimes money but always to give them what they are lacking, like "unconditional love" and/or to validate their "place" in the world.

And when the child fails to do her duty, the parent often feels rejected and becomes angry and resentful. For example, "The baby wouldn't take her bottle just to spite me" or "I can't stand the constant crying, she's doing it on purpose." They have zero insight and inevitably the blame falls upon the child. And we all know where that can lead.

I'm not saying BB is like those parents but at the same time I can't come up with an alternate explanation for her words. And I don't believe Maleah loved her life or felt lucky at all. MOO.

I totally agree with all of your points. If there is at least some tangible evidence from the residence that can counter DV's claim about an accident, or that she died a natural death, there could be a good chance for charging him for homicide. (And not first-degree, it is too hard to prove).

Of course circumstantial evidence is really important, and if BB was willing to testify that DV punched MB in the head before (and maybe more than once) it would be strong circumstantial evidence imo. QT stated that BB told him that, but unless he wore a wire, or had a tape playing, that is likely considered hearsay in court. BB has to step up for Maleah and tell the truth. Sadly, I don't see her rising to the occasion.
Agree -- BB won't do anything to incriminate herself with this prior knowledge.

Even with immunity from prosecution, I'm afraid DV will come across more sympathetic to the jury than BB. :eek:

MOO

I've attached a file on my post, (#400). Click on the file attached to read, not the link. Click on the 'Arrow button' to enlarge. :)

Duh--I didn't think of clicking on the file. Thank you!

BB's closing words to Maleah in her eulogy--"You are me, and I am you". That statement plus others, show that she thought of Maleah as an extension of herself instead of a separate person. Maleah bore the burden of BB's childhood traumas and was expected to fulfill BB's need for unconditional love. BB is suppose to give her CHILD unconditional love as her mother, not the other way around. She doesn't even realize that, or how pathetic and dysfunctional she is as a person, let alone as a mother. smh

Should have refreshed the page--didn't see MsMarple's post.

Last edited:
Everything in all of those eulogy messages is icky to me. Obviously BB's contribution pretty much confirms in writing that she was expecting her 4-year-old to fulfill a toxic, completely unreasonable role in their parent/child relationship. But that isn't really a surprise.

The messages from her brothers are gross to me too. Not because they wrote them, but because they didn't and are too young to have done so, especially the 2-year-old. So instead of respecting their true, very very young selves, their family just puts words in their mouths that will live on practically forever, given the notoriety of this case. All that could have been said without pretending P and K said them. Why couldn't they actually ask them for their own words (however short and innocent) and write them down faithfully? It's just another example of how the children in this family are not honored for their true selves, but are expected to be props and to fulfill roles that are inappropriate. The saddest part of this to me sometimes is that although I am not glad that Maleah is dead, I'm not completely sure that her brothers are any better off than she is even though they are still alive.

Skeeters baseball team to hold balloon release before game in memory of Maleah Davis
The Sugar Land Skeeters baseball team is planning a balloon release in memory of 4-year-old Maleah Davis at Constellation Field Tuesday evening.

The Skeeters will take on the High Point Rockers at 7:05 p.m. The team will pay tribute to the slain 4-year-old, whose remains were discovered May 31 near Hope, Arkansas. Although Maleah was buried Saturday with a beautiful memorial and custom-made casket, the tributes continue.

[...]

Duh--I didn't think of clicking on the file. Thank you!

BB's closing words to Maleah in her eulogy--"You are me, and I am you". That statement plus others, show that she thought of Maleah as an extension of herself instead of a separate person. Maleah bore the burden of BB's childhood traumas and was expected to fulfill BB's need for unconditional love. BB is suppose to give her CHILD unconditional love as her mother, not the other way around. She doesn't even realize that, or how pathetic and dysfunctional she is as a person, let alone as a mother. smh

Should have refreshed the page--didn't see MsMarple's post.
BBM
My son whom I love deeply and completely, is a part of me, but I'm not him. And goodness gracious, he is not me.

I also don't think Maleah wants to declare she is BB. Dear me, no.

Skeeters baseball team to hold balloon release before game in memory of Maleah Davis
The Sugar Land Skeeters baseball team is planning a balloon release in memory of 4-year-old Maleah Davis at Constellation Field Tuesday evening.

The Skeeters will take on the High Point Rockers at 7:05 p.m. The team will pay tribute to the slain 4-year-old, whose remains were discovered May 31 near Hope, Arkansas. Although Maleah was buried Saturday with a beautiful memorial and custom-made casket, the tributes continue.

[...]

Although this is assumed to be a thoughtful gesture, I have held back from commenting on the balloon releases. Don't Texans know it is no longer an appropriate way to honor anyone? Sorry, I don't mean to offend anybody.

Balloon Releases Are Killing Wildlife and Marine Animals – Here’s What You Can Do Instead

Michelle Choi on Twitter (VIDEO)
Remembering little #MaleahDavis. Before their 7:05 game tonight @ Constellation Field, the @SL_Skeeters will honor the 4 y/o. We're told a portion of proceeds raised from ticket sales using promo code "Maleah" will be donated to Child Advocates of Ft. Bend Co. #khou11 #htownrush
6:48 AM - 25 Jun 2019

Apparently, these groups have not gotten the message that balloon releases kill wildlife and livestock. This will be the second such release. They may as well just throw some garbage in the fields and lakes as a memorial.
Look! :)

Mayra Moreno ABC13 on Twitter
Tonight @SL_Skeeters will honor #MaleahDavis just before first pitch! They originally had scheduled a balloon release but for environmental reasons they scrapped that and will now honor her with a moment of silence. @abc13houston
D98B_-tXUAA1TJT.jpg

4:40 PM - 25 Jun 2019 from Sugar Land, TX

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member