Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the friends know way more than they are saying. Girls in a sorority share everything, whether they set out to or not, and they are called “sisters” for a reason. They will have your back and keep your secrets like no other.

Now you know she probably had 5 girls offering to pick her up from the airport, having just come back from her grandparent’s funeral (alone and late at night). I’m guessing she turned them down, saying “no, really, XYZ is picking me up” or “I’m heading to meet up with XYZ after I land.” They were probably texting her all thru the night, making sure she was ok, she really had a ride, offering emotional support, etc.

And when she didn’t show up for a few days, they just thought she was still with XYZ but knew something was wrong after several days of no contact. That’s when parents were notified and LE came in. I don’t think we have the full story because they didn’t want to “out” her as to who she met with. And I’m sure they won’t “out” her about anything else, either, though they’re probably secretly panicking wondering whether they should or not. LE’s comments about her being voluntarily missing probably keep their mouths shut in case it turns out to be true. But if it doesn’t, their silence could be the difference between finding her or not. MOO

I suspect, given the amount of time that has passed since she was last seen and the flurry of LE involvement today, LE has a good idea of what transpired that evening. I also suspect they have reason to hope that she is still alive, being held against her will and in grave danger, which is why there seems to be an urgency to find her.

This is interesting. Why would they meet where they knew there would be a witness and witness account, as in the Lyft driver? Unless they didn't know she was taking Lyft. Either not thought through enough or something unexpected.? Seems to me that points away from intent. Imo.
For some reason I get the feeling whomever she met up at 3:00 in the morning at the park knew she was coming from the airport with her belongings. I also think it was someone she knew, and would be giving her a ride back home later, if not in the morning. She does not seem like the type to meet up with a random unknown in a park in the wee hours of the morning. She wouldn’t have had to do that- that just seems really off to me. MOO

A new love interest. I would have gone anywhere and at any time of the day or night when I was her age and just starting a new, exciting relationship.

I agree. I once had a new relationship with a cop, so he worked some "off" hours. We lived about 20 miles apart (fast freeway miles), and I'd often go over to his place at midnight or 1:00 AM to see him (and it wasn't to go out on a date, if you know what I mean!) Sometimes I'd spend the night and sometimes I'd drive all the way home again. I was crazy for him! Didn't last. LOL

BBM
I totally agree! After the death of her grandmother, I can’t see anyone being so heartless as to do a voluntary missing scenario. I strongly feel that there is foul play. Imo, she is being held against her will or she is no longer with us.

For whatever reason, when she was invited to meet someone at a park in the middle of the night, she decided it was a good idea. If it was a friend, or even someone she knew, they should have met at her home, or the friends home, and it should have been at a normal time.

So the Lyft driver saw that she met “a person” but has no idea male or female, but also can’t say what type of car? Sedan, SUV, truck? Newer or older? Darker in colour or light? Those details should be describable. I believe the driver had nada to do with her vanishing but he/she would know a few of these key details, no?

Another missing persons case where the person vanishes into thin air, this time after being dropped off by Lyft. The cell phone being turned off is not a good sign.

So she took an Uber from the airport to Hatch Park in North Salt Lake and did not go back to her roommates place. I can understand that if she did not want to disturb them. I do not know the living situation, but someone walking in at 3 am could wake someone up.

What is strange is how would the "other" person she met at Hatch Park know to be there if she had not contacted them first? So there is probably more to the story once the cell phone details emerge.

My complete guess is that she was buying time till morning by meeting up with a co-worker and they know the park mutually through either work or play. Blood drives sometimes take place at parks or park buildings so maybe that is how MacKenzie Lueck and this "other" person met up? Or maybe it was a classmate or professor who lives in the area?

So co-workers that live in the area of Hatch Park in North Salt Lake is probably a good place to start. This is why missing persons cases are so difficult to solve. It is hard to know where to start to look.
Hatch Park is very VERY far away from where she works at P.R.A. Health Sciences in the Millcreek area. Her test subjects from there may live that far away though. Many of the test subjects she has to work with have probably made a lot of poor life choices if they are willing to sell their body to science.

~Does Mackenzie own a car? (Forgive me if this has been discussed already.)
~If she does own a car, didn't she use it to go to airport that weekend? Why did she use Lyft, I wonder?

Im pretty sure you could take a Lyft to colorado if you wanted to pay for it and the driver was ok with it.
as if CO hasn't had enough bad press lately... Plus - we're full!! JK. Kinda.

But I agree - the right driver at the right time with the right amount of cash tip could get you there - or anywhere, I reckon. Might not be via the official app tho.

JMO

I think she absolutely went willingly with the driver in the auto that met her and the lyft driver at the park.
I hope the lyft driver remembers the car well enough he can give an accurate description....model and make, color, 2 door, 4 door, old or new, etc.
If the driver of the auto wasn't planning on doing anything to harm her he may have even gotten out of his car to greet her. Maybe he stayed in his car tho. I'm assuming it's a he and one person. But I could be wrong on all of that. It might have been a female and/ or multiple people. But I have a feeling it was one man. They will find him too.

So the Lyft driver saw that she met “a person” but has no idea male or female, but also can’t say what type of car? Sedan, SUV, truck? Newer or older? Darker in colour or light? Those details should be describable. I believe the driver had nada to do with her vanishing but he/she would know a few of these key details, no?

I dont remember what I had for lunch yesterday. This person probably drives a lot of people every day, so trying to remember a car from 4 or 5 days ago, in the dark, might be difficult.

~Does Mackenzie own a car? (Forgive me if this has been discussed already.)
~If she does own a car, didn't she use it to go to airport that weekend? Why did she use Lyft, I wonder?
Maybe she wanted a lyft ride when she got back to meet this person in the park. If she would have driven her car to the airport then where would she have left it upon meeting the person at the park that I assume she drove away with?
Also, I know people that take lyfts to the airport usually. It's easier and sometimes cheaper.

The driver probably knows, law enforcement probably knows, but they are withholding this for some reason.

Especially in regards to the car.

It was dark, and the Lyft driver might not have gotten a clear look at it. If this person was vague in their description, law enforcement doesn’t want to put out bad information.

Navy can look black. A Ford could be mistaken for a Chevy. They likely want to check surveillance, and see if they can come up with an accurate make and model.

This article, just provided by MassGuy, states that they have a description of both but are not releasing the details yet.

Salt Lake City police say missing Utah student MacKenzie Lueck met someone at a North Salt Lake park

Hatch Park is very VERY far away from where she works at P.R.A. Health Sciences in the Millcreek area. Her test subjects from there may live that far away though. Many of the test subjects she has to work with have probably made a lot of poor life choices if they are willing to sell their body to science.
They are donating plasma, is that correct? I'm not sure how that's related to poor life choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie