Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad you mentioned this. The fact that she disappeared just before this wedding could be important.
Weddings can definitely be triggers for some people, depending on 1.who is getting married and 2.who is attending.
The police did not appear to get very involved last week.... until Kenzie didn't show up for the wedding.
Law enforcement became involved after the missing person’s report was filed on Thursday.

This was after she missed work, and an exam.

Her flight back to California, was supposed to be yesterday.

I don’t think the wedding is a factor.

OK. I’ve tried to catch up after all day being away, but it’s proving difficult. I will try to catch up but for now, here’s what I know.

Her ex is positive she is actually missing and has not gone into hiding or disappeared voluntarily. It is not like her to do something like that. I guess that’s barring any rapid onset mental illness, but there is no indication that is the case.

From what I understand, Kenzie is a very sweet girl who is sometimes described as a bit of an odd duck. She has not been an active LDS member since she left school, but her parents are strong in their faith. I am of the opinion that she went to meet a suitor of some sort, and things went wrong. I don’t believe she is in the state of Utah anymore, that her family has info that is not public and that’s why they haven’t gone to SLC. MOO though.

For what it’s worth, I feel somewhat wrong about becoming a verified insider because I do not know Kenzie personally, she is a friend of my family members. I don’t wish to disrespect anyone here. Please PM me if you have questions.

So, I wonder why she never changed the employer from Grifols to PRA, on her Facebook profile? That's interesting to me. A phlebotomist, a detail person, who leaves the wrong employer on their social media? It seems out of character.
Nah. I've seen family and friends of my own have the same jobs they left up for months or over a year and not change it. I think sometimes folks forget that it's on there.

So glad you mentioned this. The fact that she disappeared just before this wedding could be important.
Weddings can definitely be triggers for some people, depending on 1.who is getting married and 2.who is attending.
The police did not appear to get very involved last week.... until Kenzie didn't show up for the wedding.
Also in Utah culture (LDS or not), weddings are a really big deal and there is a lot of pressure to get married. When I lived there 21 was an “old maid” by 23 people were looking at you like something was wrong if hadn’t gotten married. Even my academic advisor stated I was there to find a husband not get an education. Also people often rush to get married after knowing each other a few months. It’s more prevalent among LDS but carries over to non lds culture as well.

On her Pinterest account there were boards for “me and my love” and “wedding “ With the breakup weddings would be really hard. JMO

Doubt said the Lyft driver who dropped off Lueck told investigators she did not seem in distress when she met the person at the park at around 3 a.m. The Lyft driver has been cleared as a potential suspect, police said.

Lueck’s parents said they last heard from her around 1 a.m. on June 17. They said their daughter texted them and told them her flight landed, but they haven't heard from her since.

Last Thursday, Lueck's family reported her missing.

Lyft driver cleared in disappearance of University of Utah student, police say

Does anyone else think she looks like she weighs 145lbs? In recent photos, she looks about 120-125 to me, so I'm wondering if they got that info from her DL.

The missing poster has her at 5' 6" 120 lbs., which looks more accurate. She's definitely thinner than when she was in high school, so maybe that's an old weight.

Law enforcement became involved after the missing person’s report was filed on Thursday.

This was after she missed work, and an exam.

Her flight back to California, was supposed to be yesterday.

I don’t think the wedding is a factor.
I don't either. I think she's missing and therefore couldn't make it to the wedding, which added to the significance of why she might be missing.

Last edited:
As a regular Joe, i’m Starting to see a perfect storm/tsunami for a nervous breakdown.

The polar opposite of foul play would be a loyal person doing whatever she asked of them. I of course would immensely prefer this scenario, although I worry about self harm.

As a regular Joe, i’m Starting to see a perfect storm/tsunami for a nervous breakdown.

The polar opposite of foul play would be a loyal person doing whatever she asked of them. I of course would immensely prefer this scenario, although I worry about self harm.
I don't think there's any self harm.
She willingly met up at a discreet location with someone she probably knew and they probably went somewhere together. Who knows where at this time? Heck, I've known people that have met up for after hour parties with other couples. Not saying this happened necessarily, but we don't know what scenario (s) happened once she got in that vehicle.

I thought the same up until yesterday, but now I’m strongly in the foul play camp.

There were undoubtedly stressors in her life, which is why I figured she may have run off.

The posture of law enforcement also convinced me of this, even though we now know that they haven’t been able to access things that they need access to.

It made sense, and there is no shortage of precedent for that sort of thing.

There are a few problems with that though:

Whoever she is with, has refused to come forward. This, with the whole country now aware of the situation.

We know she was dating multiple people, atleast some of them older than her. There are inherent risks here, especially with the potential that she met these people through dating apps.

She has no pattern of behavior that lends itself to her running away, and everyone who knows her says this is out of character (no contact with anyone, missing her midterm, missing a flight home).

We know of no mental health issues, or anything concerning that preceded her disappearance.

The meetup place and time, is odd. If something bad was going to happen, this fits.

Those things lead me to believe that she’s not hiding out somewhere.

Last edited:

i tend to agree.
Added to other pressures in her life...
A lot to handle at 23...:-(
When you are in that state of mind... anything can happen

Doubt said the Lyft driver who dropped off Lueck told investigators she did not seem in distress when she met the person at the park at around 3 a.m. The Lyft driver has been cleared as a potential suspect, police said.

Lueck’s parents said they last heard from her around 1 a.m. on June 17. They said their daughter texted them and told them her flight landed, but they haven't heard from her since.

Last Thursday, Lueck's family reported her missing.

Lyft driver cleared in disappearance of University of Utah student, police say
At the Presser today officer Doubt said Lyft driver wasn’t a suspect at this time. I hope they find her soon. I think LE has a lot more info they are not sharing. Shes probably out of state as someone mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Also in Utah culture (LDS or not), weddings are a really big deal and there is a lot of pressure to get married. When I lived there 21 was an “old maid” by 23 people were looking at you like something was wrong if hadn’t gotten married. Even my academic advisor stated I was there to find a husband not get an education. Also people often rush to get married after knowing each other a few months. It’s more prevalent among LDS but carries over to non lds culture as well.

On her Pinterest account there were boards for “me and my love” and “wedding “ With the breakup weddings would be really hard. JMO
She doesn't seem like the type of person who would have any trouble going to a wedding. She seems like a free spirit, her friends described her as positive, she appears to enjoy dressing up, and she was seeing different people so I don't get the impression she was hurting over a breakup.
Do we know whose wedding it was? She was flying back home for it so maybe it was a family member?

I also think that once she did not fly back for the wedding her family realized this was serious and their hopes that she just went off without telling anyone diminished. Imo

On Monday, June 24, police said she had been taken to Hatch Park in North Salt Lake. The park is located near the 15 Freeway. It is not known why she went there. According to CBS News’ David Begnaud, Lueck was dropped off at the park at 2:50 a.m.

Police returned to the park on June 24 to ask those in the area if they had seen anything.

[...]

According to Begnaud, “She put her bag in the car & appeared to be happy to see the driver,” when she arrived at Hatch Park. … This information was given to police by a Lyft driver who took Mackenzie from the Salt Lake City International Airport to the park. The Lyft driver is the one who described the interaction between Mackenzie and the unidentified individual as pleasant & happy to see each other. … Mackenzie did not appear to be in any distress when she got out of the Lyft and into the unidentified vehicle.”

[...]

The driver is, “not a suspect at this time,” Shearer told the Deseret News. Police said they have no reason to doubt his story and have confirmed he took customers on rides after dropping Lueck off at the park.

[...]

Assistant Chief Doubt said at the June 24 press conference, “I will not be releasing all the details of the investigation due to the fact this is an open and active case.” He said he shared what he could.

MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

For some reason I get the feeling whomever she met up at 3:00 in the morning at the park knew she was coming from the airport with her belongings. I also think it was someone she knew, and would be giving her a ride back home later, if not in the morning. She does not seem like the type to meet up with a random unknown in a park in the wee hours of the morning. She wouldn’t have had to do that- that just seems really off to me. MOO

But she did just do exactly that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member