Deceased/Not Found CO - Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, 26, Colorado Springs, 21 March 2019 *Guilty*

I have several questions as I have just come across this case...

1. Who officially reported her missing?
2. Do LE know if she had a phone and if so, is it with her husband or Jepsy?
3. Has law enforcement checked all of the electronic devices in the home of the husband, like computers, phones, tablets?
4. Last one, is there anywhere that I can get more details on this case?
1. Her friend in Chicago reported her missing on March 26th
2. Her husband first reported she had her phone but later said she left without her phone and ID.
3. LE has not confirmed that yet but I am assuming so.
4. Yes I talk to her family and friends on a daily basis. I also Admin a group they are in. However, I am a new member and not sure if I am allowed to post that.

1. Her friend in Chicago reported her missing on March 26th
2. Her husband first reported she had her phone but later said she left without her phone and ID.
3. LE has not confirmed that yet but I am assuming so.
4. Yes I talk to her family and friends on a daily basis. I also Admin a group they are in. However, I am a new member and not sure if I am allowed to post that.
Welcome @italiana ! You could become a verified insider to be able to post updates without having to produce MSM to back them up. The process is simple and explained here:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Vigil held for Colorado Springs woman missing for more than two months

The search continues for a missing woman from Colorado Springs.

Jepsy Amaga Kallungi's family hasn't heard from her in more than two months.

Sunday night, those who don't know her gathered again to pray she's found soon.

This is the second vigil held for Jepsy after the Filipino American Community of Southern Colorado posted flyers around town trying to find her.

Margie Amaga, Jepsy's mother said there have been few updates from Springs Police.

"I feel so frustrated," Amaga said. "I'm so stressed thinking about my daughter. I'm not happy. I'm so, so sad."

The case into Jepsy's disappearance was opened April 4th when CSPD didn't find here while doing a welfare check.
Video at link

They got married July of 2017. They are not divorced. They separated for a time in 2017/2018 because he left her to go back to his ex wife.
Welcome @italiana!
Thank you for posting here! Thankful Jepsy's friends are keeping her memory alive and supporting her family during this difficult time. Look forward to hearing updates from you. Send our love and concern to her family.

I have not checked here in a while so just looking for updates.

This is too quiet. Are they looking into this? I hope her mother at least gets some updates because I cannot imagine what it would be like without some contact if you were the victim's family.

Maybe much is being done behind the scenes. I hope that is the case.

I hope we get clarification about this case soon as well.

However, I did a YouTube search on this case and watched a video where a YouTuber actually called her husband on the phone (cold) and recorded the phone call. I don’t like this... I know there is suspicion around the husband, of course there is... as in every case the spouse is the first person law enforcement looks at when another spouse goes missing. However, this is for law enforcement to handle. Not a youtuber despite the fact he may be trying to help. The focus should be finding Jepsy. I did a good deal of searching social media for Jepsy, and at one time there was a lot out there, most of which has since been removed or set to private. She did, at one time have multiple social media accounts both in her name, and others. Clearly there was some compartmentalism of friends on these different accounts. I’m not making any assumptions around this, I’m just putting it out there as it is. I’m sure the investigating agency knows this as well, and are wading through all this information.

Having said all this, I hope she just checked out for a while and shows up at a later time safe. If she did meet with foul play, I hope there is justice for her and her family.

I hope we get clarification about this case soon as well.

However, I did a YouTube search on this case and watched a video where a YouTuber actually called her husband on the phone (cold) and recorded the phone call. I don’t like this... I know there is suspicion around the husband, of course there is... as in every case the spouse is the first person law enforcement looks at when another spouse goes missing. However, this is for law enforcement to handle. Not a youtuber despite the fact he may be trying to help. The focus should be finding Jepsy. I did a good deal of searching social media for Jepsy, and at one time there was a lot out there, most of which has since been removed or set to private. She did, at one time have multiple social media accounts both in her name, and others. Clearly there was some compartmentalism of friends on these different accounts. I’m not making any assumptions around this, I’m just putting it out there as it is. I’m sure the investigating agency knows this as well, and are wading through all this information.

Having said all this, I hope she just checked out for a while and shows up at a later time safe. If she did meet with foul play, I hope there is justice for her and her family.

I can't argue with this but I can add some points.

The husband's reaction and responses give reason for suspicion.

The public could at least be told on occasion the case is not forgotten and is being looked into, in fact, I think that in every case. Even if the public gets upset at no progress, just being assured it is even being looked at would be a good thing. And the family of Jepsy most particularly should have someone reassuring them of that, and perhaps they do.

She is missing, one way or the other. Apparently there are no credit cards, debit cards or other trail that has led LE right to her door if she did it of her own free will.

I did not see the SM but have heard about it.

Short of someone else financing her though or a lot of cash, she did not go missing voluntarily, most likely.

Jmo. I agree and hope as you do whichever the case may be, there is justice for her if it is foul play and if she did this and went missing intentionally on her own, and does not come forward to admit to same, then she deserves to be charged--I highly doubt that is the case though.

I remember the "runaway bride" several years back. She was found in pretty short order based on a bank trail, etc. Wasn't she holed up in Vegas? She let resources be used, paid for looking for her and national news to go on and people worried about her missing, searches and all the works, and did not come forward to say she just panicked or whatever and took off.

There was also a college girl in southern Wisconsin that all thought was abducted and murdered. She was from MN. Again, tons of searches and money and she pulled the entire hoax herself.

In both cases, they were charged and made deals to pay back the costs, etc. I believe. May have received some county jail time and probation.

I see nothing about this case that leads me to believe it was voluntary. However, it has happened and I could be wrong. I think LE would know that by now if it is being looked into and if it is voluntary, she is certainly not using anything but cold hard cash to survive or someone is helping her. I am not even saying it is the husband, she could have encountered someone else who did harm to her.

Yet from the little we know, his cooperation or lack of it and responses are pretty suspicious.

I too have not decided but again, this case has no attention. If someone wants her sighted or wants someone to remember seeing say the husband with her in a certain time frame or where he may have been seen on a certain day, nothing for sure has been put out there asking for it. Why??

I comment rarely on here but I do keep checking.

All jmo on the very little bit we know.

Last edited:
I can't argue with this but I can add some points.

The husband's reaction and responses give reason for suspicion.

The public could at least be told on occasion the case is not forgotten and is being looked into, in fact, I think that in every case. Even if the public gets upset at no progress, just being assured it is even being looked at would be a good thing. And the family of Jepsy most particularly should have someone reassuring them of that, and perhaps they do.

She is missing, one way or the other. Apparently there are no credit cards, debit cards or other trail that has led LE right to her door if she did it of her own free will.

I did not see the SM but have heard about it.

Short of someone else financing her though or a lot of cash, she did not go missing voluntarily, most likely.

Jmo. I agree and hope as you do whichever the case may be, there is justice for her if it is foul play and if she did this and went missing intentionally on her own, and does not come forward to admit to same, then she deserves to be charged--I highly doubt that is the case though.

I remember the "runaway bride" several years back. She was found in pretty short order based on a bank trail, etc. Wasn't she holed up in Vegas? She let resources be used, paid for looking for her and national news to go on and people worried about her missing, searches and all the works, and did not come forward to say she just panicked or whatever and took off.

There was also a college girl in southern Wisconsin that all thought was abducted and murdered. She was from MN. Again, tons of searches and money and she pulled the entire hoax herself.

In both cases, they were charged and made deals to pay back the costs, etc. I believe. May have received some county jail time and probation.

I see nothing about this case that leads me to believe it was voluntary. However, it has happened and I could be wrong. I think LE would know that by now if it is being looked into and if it is voluntary, she is certainly not using anything but cold hard cash to survive or someone is helping her. I am not even saying it is the husband, she could have encountered someone else who did harm to her.

Yet from the little we know, his cooperation or lack of it and responses are pretty suspicious.

I too have not decided but again, this case has no attention. If someone wants her sighted or wants someone to remember seeing say the husband with her in a certain time frame or where he may have been seen on a certain day, nothing for sure has been put out there asking for it. Why??

I comment rarely on here but I do keep checking.

All jmo on the very little bit we know.
I share your thoughts. My gut instinct is that Jepsy has met with foul play although given her various SM accounts I have no foundation for a strong POI although her husband's reaction to all of this is rather "suspect". I hope LE are working on his whereabouts and movement at the time of Jespy's disappearance.

If she is not dead, I suspect she is being kept against her will. She had a strong, loving relationship with her mother and it is not reasonable to believe that she would torture her mother in this fashion. JMO

I share your thoughts. My gut instinct is that Jepsy has met with foul play although given her various SM accounts I have no foundation for a strong POI although her husband's reaction to all of this is rather "suspect". I hope LE are working on his whereabouts and movement at the time of Jespy's disappearance.

If she is not dead, I suspect she is being kept against her will. She had a strong, loving relationship with her mother and it is not reasonable to believe that she would torture her mother in this fashion. JMO

Good point and I agree with regard to contact with her mother.

His behavior and responses were more than a little suspicious.

I gather though as well that her SM could play in from what I have heard. Either way it seems at this point she is not missing willingly or she would contact her mother or so I would think and not put her through what would be torture for a parent. I hope as you say that LE is working on it but it is frustrating when there is no indication of that.

Jmo.

Hoping right along with you. And I wonder, whatever happened with her mom trying to come to the US?
It’s probably impossible to get that visa. I know of people who wanted to come to their immediate family’s funeral and were denied a simple one week visa to attend. God forbid they stay here :rolleyes: I feel for her family. It doesn’t sound like LE is doing much so they are helpless on the other side of the world. What a horrendous situation to be in :(

It’s probably impossible to get that visa. I know of people who wanted to come to their immediate family’s funeral and were denied a simple one week visa to attend. God forbid they stay here :rolleyes: I feel for her family. It doesn’t sound like LE is doing much so they are helpless on the other side of the world. What a horrendous situation to be in :(
I'm wondering if friends/family need to stimulate the MSM, and maybe get LE on the horn? There is no follow up on an obvious suspicious disappearance. Obvious IMO, and I'm sure some others'.

Yes, what is going on? The mother at least had a voice for a little bit on podcasts, now nothing. This is not the only case I follow that from all appearances, nothing is being done whatsoever and/or has not been basically from the start.

Maybe there is something being done behind the scenes but it sure does not appear that way. No one is asking about her, sightings of her, or of him, nor anything else.

What the heck? Seriously.

Jmo.

Hoping right along with you. And I wonder, whatever happened with her mom trying to come to the US?

Her Visa was denied. She is going to reapply. No one has heard from Jepsy in over 3 months. She had no phone, no ID, no job, no car. Her husband is still giving different accounts of what occurred and there should only be one version. I hope in some miracle she is hiding with someone but I think she met with foul play the night of 3/20. I feel so bad for her mother and all of her siblings back home.

She did have a couple Insta accounts under two names, but her FB was only one account and she had changed the name years ago. She had friends and a job in Chicago. She could have gone back and lived with her old roommate if things with her husband became toxic again but she disappeared. She did not have friends in Colorado because she hadn't spent much time here and he chose her friends. IMO she needs justice but the silence from LE is extremely frustrating.

Her Visa was denied. She is going to reapply. No one has heard from Jepsy in over 3 months. She had no phone, no ID, no job, no car. Her husband is still giving different accounts of what occurred and there should only be one version. I hope in some miracle she is hiding with someone but I think she met with foul play the night of 3/20. I feel so bad for her mother and all of her siblings back home.

She did have a couple Insta accounts under two names, but her FB was only one account and she had changed the name years ago. She had friends and a job in Chicago. She could have gone back and lived with her old roommate if things with her husband became toxic again but she disappeared. She did not have friends in Colorado because she hadn't spent much time here and he chose her friends. IMO she needs justice but the silence from LE is extremely frustrating.
Working in LE I can understand why there has been no progress even though they've got homicide assigned to it. She's pretty much a "ghost". Foreign national, no ID, no job, no car, no phone, different names on social media, no active residence in the state where LE would have jurisdiction. No residence that could be processed as a crime scene. (husband moving out and that place being cleaned and re-rented sort of stopped that). They have almost nothing to investigate from other than a statement from the husband. IMO I'm not buying his story but LE has little to work with on this one.

I so agree. In the beginning there were a few getting was it Sam Kraemer to cover it, Colorado KOAA? Maybe someone needs to ask or encourage media to ask LE for an update. There was also a podcaster or two covering it.

Not surprised hubby is still giving different versions. If that is the case, he should be big on their radar. One would think anyhow.

Jmo.

Working in LE I can understand why there has been no progress even though they've got homicide assigned to it. She's pretty much a "ghost". Foreign national, no ID, no job, no car, no phone, different names on social media, no active residence in the state where LE would have jurisdiction. No residence that could be processed as a crime scene. (husband moving out and that place being cleaned and re-rented sort of stopped that). They have almost nothing to investigate from other than a statement from the husband. IMO I'm not buying his story but LE has little to work with on this one.

I can understand those issues. What would they need then? What about phone pings or cadaver dogs? She had a great job in Chicago and lots of friends. Her very last text to her friend in Chicago at 11:19 pm on 3/20 indicates she was sad and missing them. The next text sent to Jepsy by that same friend at 1:48 am was opened and never responded to. IMO she was gone by then. The texts were in Tagalog, so it wouldn't have been possible to fake a response back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back