Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has been pointed out. It seems FFC's memory was somewhat fluid.

The man was 'not overly tanned', had no facial hair or glasses.

The foster mother was questioned at the inquest over a previous 2015 statement where she told police a different account of seeing the car driving down the street.

Then, she said: 'I cannot remember whether the windows were down. I could not see any of the occupants'.

Asked to explain the difference in the statements, the foster mum said she had just read the police statement, 'and I just thought, I don't know why I said that.'

The mum said she only remembered some things about that day of William's presumed abduction after having some moments of 'clarity'.

How William Tyrrell's foster mother spotted a man waiting at their home the day the boy vanished | Daily Mail Online

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out. It seems FFC's memory was somewhat fluid.

The man was 'not overly tanned', had no facial hair or glasses.

The foster mother was questioned at the inquest over a previous 2015 statement where she told police a different account of seeing the car driving down the street.

Then, she said: 'I cannot remember whether the windows were down. I could not see any of the occupants'.

Asked to explain the difference in the statements, the foster mum said she had just read the police statement, 'and I just thought, I don't know why I said that.'

The mum said she only remembered some things about that day of William's presumed abduction after having some moments of 'clarity'.

How William Tyrrell's foster mother spotted a man waiting at their home the day the boy vanished | Daily Mail Online
Understandably too. Under such extreme stress and fear I’m not surprised .

Understandably too. Under such extreme stress and fear I’m not surprised .

Yes it is understandable

When an individual experiences a traumatic event, whether physical or psychological, their memory can be affected in many ways. For example, trauma might affect their memory for that event, memory of previous or subsequent events, or thoughts in general.

Memory and trauma - Wikipedia

Yes it is understandable

When an individual experiences a traumatic event, whether physical or psychological, their memory can be affected in many ways. For example, trauma might affect their memory for that event, memory of previous or subsequent events, or thoughts in general.

Memory and trauma - Wikipedia

RSBM

No surprises about that, hey, for me. Many things cannot be remembered about a traumatic incident.
I was a passenger in a terrible car accident once - many years ago - apparently awake and speaking the whole time when responders were cutting us out of the car and getting us to the hospital. But my memory of it? Has never been more than very, very little.
Very little about before, almost nothing about during, only kicks in later when I was safe in the hospital.
Too traumatic for my mind to cope with, I think.

RSBM

No surprises about that, hey, for me. Many things cannot be remembered about a traumatic incident.
I was a passenger in a terrible car accident once - many years ago - apparently awake and speaking the whole time when responders were cutting us out of the car and getting us to the hospital. But my memory of it? Has never been more than very, very little.
Too traumatic for my mind to cope with, I think.
The mind has a wonderful capacity to protect us from traumatic events.

I keep thinking about those two cars that are parked very close together in the flyover video. A dark grey sedan, and a large white vehicle. They're around the corner from where FFC said she saw the cars. I assume they're connected with the search. But I wondered whether, if the video was from the first search, the sight of those cars might have stuck in FFC's mind and gotten transposed to the other location.
upload_2019-6-25_18-18-29.png

Last edited:
I hope this is allowed, I’m copying an old post from a previous member . I wonder how friendly PS was with Mr Nocturnal

“Hi Kiwi50. The empty house is 52 Benaroon Drive, which is up the hill from the grandmother's place at No.48. It was reported in MSM that the owners of 52 were away when William disappeared and is not to be confused with the house where things seemed out of place.

There was talk early in the threads of a creepy house and this was initially though to be 35 Benaroon Drive. One of our sleuther's cleared up the confusion by posting a photo of the creepy house. She was part of the search team who thought they'd heard noises inside this abandoned and derelict house. which is not in Benaroon Drive. I'll try and find the photo of that house again.

35 Benaroon Drive is directly across the road from the grandmother's house and affords a clear view of the yard where William was playing. This house was advertised for sale about a month after William disappeared. It was stated that the vendor wanted a quick sale. Interior photos of the house were published on the estate agent's website and they eventually ended up being posted here. Some of us were of the opinion that the furniture layout in the house was weird, creepy, strange etc.

Paul Savage was recently quoted in MSM where he talked about the number of houses that have been sold in Benaroon Drive since William disappeared two years ago. In particular he mentioned his neighbour, a loner, who couldn't stand the police pressure concerning William's disappearance so he sold up and moved on. <modsnip>

Scroll back a few pages in this thread and you'll see maps that I've posted previously and were used as a reference again today.”

From thread 24 #911

Last edited:
I hope this is allowed, I’m copying an old post from a previous member . I wonder how friendly PS was with Mr Nocturnal

“Hi Kiwi50. The empty house is 52 Benaroon Drive, which is up the hill from the grandmother's place at No.48. It was reported in MSM that the owners of 52 were away when William disappeared and is not to be confused with the house where things seemed out of place.

There was talk early in the threads of a creepy house and this was initially though to be 35 Benaroon Drive. One of our sleuther's cleared up the confusion by posting a photo of the creepy house. She was part of the search team who thought they'd heard noises inside this abandoned and derelict house. which is not in Benaroon Drive. I'll try and find the photo of that house again.

35 Benaroon Drive is directly across the road from the grandmother's house and affords a clear view of the yard where William was playing. This house was advertised for sale about a month after William disappeared. It was stated that the vendor wanted a quick sale. Interior photos of the house were published on the estate agent's website and they eventually ended up being posted here. Some of us were of the opinion that the furniture layout in the house was weird, creepy, strange etc.

Paul Savage was recently quoted in MSM where he talked about the number of houses that have been sold in Benaroon Drive since William disappeared two years ago. In particular he mentioned his neighbour, a loner, who couldn't stand the police pressure concerning William's disappearance so he sold up and moved on. <modsnip>

Scroll back a few pages in this thread and you'll see maps that I've posted previously and were used as a reference again today.”

I think it would be allowed, but you might need a thread and post number if you can't get a link - just trying to help :)

Why do you wonder how friendly they were?

But if I were Mr Nocturnal, I wouldn't be feeling too friendly to Mr S after he innocently dropped me in the poop pile.

Thanks. I just saw them. So do you hold out hope that William was abducted by a BF sympathiser and is still alive? I’m afraid I don’t anymore.
I don't know what I think. The police investigation want to establish for the coroner that WT was abducted. It certainly seems not ruled out that he could have been abducted by a relative or associate, not necessarily a sympathiser, known to either family or possibly both. But the context of the way it was delivered and the Minister of Police accompanying the FCs, I think it was inferred towards the BF. IMO

I keep thinking about those two cars that are parked very close together in the flyover video. A dark grey sedan, and a large white vehicle. They're around the corner from where FFC said she saw the cars. I assume they're connected with the search. But I wondered whether, if the video was from the first search, the sight of those cars might have stuck in FFC's mind and gotten transposed to the other location.
View attachment 190480

That is an extremely astute observation, JLZ. That could very well be possible.

I have suffered a few traumatic events and reports from others, including the Police, eyewitnesses and CCTV have had a very different take on events than my recollection had.

That is one thing the Coroners are very, very good at. They can always see somehow, where a persons recollection or memory is hazed over by the trauma sustained on the witness by the event.
You can read coroners reports online and you will often find a coroner referring to a persons testimony as being perhaps mistaken due to the effect of grief or trauma.

Your suggestion could be on the money. Time will tell, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288