GUILTY TN - Adeline Conway, 9 months, died in crib, Clarksville, 15 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

I don't know what to think.

If he raped her (and IIRC he is charged with aggravated rape in addition to murder), the damage would have been unmistakable and horrific.

I sure don't want to think that he's been charged with no evidence.

No pubic hairs, no male DNA.

The state *must* have physical evidence, surely they aren't hanging their case only on his confession! There must have been a reason they interrogated him in the first place.

Did the family ever release the entire autopsy report?
I agree with you. And reading about the confession, that he wasn't even allowed to speak to his wife before they confined him and told him his infant daughter was dead, kept him isolated and locked up for hours and hours, and threatened to jail both he and his wife and place their other infant daughter in the foster system...I don't find the confession to be that credible. Imagine how distraught and out of it you would be!

I agree with you. And reading about the confession, that he wasn't even allowed to speak to his wife before they confined him and told him his infant daughter was dead, kept him isolated and locked up for hours and hours, and threatened to jail both he and his wife and place their other infant daughter in the foster system...I don't find the confession to be that credible. Imagine how distraught and out of it you would be!

I noticed how close the interviewer got to him, intimidating. I'm all for LE, but maybe this was a rush to judgment.

Has his wife given permission for the CME at Knox County Forensic Center to report on the findings of the autopsy that she (wife) had done? If not, I hope she will.

He may be married, become a father, is in the army, but he is still only 22 years old .. unfinished. He must have been in a horrible state of confusion and grief (if innocent) after learning of his baby's death, and hearing the accusations thrown at him ?over and over and over again? to the point that he would say anything just to get them to STOP! It's been said that this is ploy of LE at times.

If he did what he is accused of , so be it. But pros needs to show some real obvious evidence ~ which we will just have to wait for.

I'm curious to know what kind of helmet the baby was wearing.

How did the 8 month old get the cord wrapped around her neck while she was in her crib? Was the cord somewhere she could grab it from the crib?

How able was she to stand and grab a cord?

[ just reread the article. Maybe she wasn't on the crib when found. But how would she have become entangled? Was it on the floor and she crawled into it?]

Katy, the "how" of it was discussed in one or maybe both of the report at Christopher's blog site. The baby was still in the crib when she was found by her mother.

This is probably not very helpful, but I'm really worn down by all the stuff that's happened, the horrible stuff, since the Watts murders, it has just gone from bad to worse. (My excuse for not going to look for the info or putting a link, it's in this thread. anyway).

Can someone clarify the spelling of this baby's first name? In the CC website it's spelled Adeline. In msm it's spelled Adaline. Thanks!

I do not care if he took drugs or not,
There are very evil humans that walk and prey on the innocents.

I absolutely believe. These people should be locked up forever.

The family has released portions of the autopsy report, and certain other investigative reports. I would suggest reading them. If these reports are true (and it sure looks like they are), then his confession, and the accusations against him, aren't supported by the physical evidence.

Chris Conway trial: Timeline of events in the infant murder and rape case

March 13, 2019

"In the year and four months since 8-month-old Adeline Conway was found dead with a cord wrapped around her neck, investigators have built a murder and rape case against Christopher Conway, the infant's father. His parents and brothers have created a website, and followers are determined to prove his innocence.

Here is at timeline of the case....

Feb. 7, 2019: A trial date is set by Judge Jill Ayers for Nov. 18, 2019...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Conway on what he regrets about the morning his daughter died

The Army medic accused of raping and strangling his infant invited The Leaf-Chronicle to ask him questions. Here's what he had to say.

March 13, 2019

"Christopher Paul Conway, 24, is sitting in the Montgomery County Jail waiting on his day in court, charged with raping and murdering his 8-month-old daughter, Adeline, on Nov. 13, 2017.

While his family is trying to establish his innocence through a website, he reached out to The Leaf-Chronicle and agreed to answer questions by correspondence. Here is what he had to say...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 13, 2019

"In the year and four months since 8-month-old Adeline Conway was found dead with a cord wrapped around her neck, investigators have built a murder and rape case against Christopher Conway, the infant's father. His parents and brothers have created a website, and followers are determined to prove his innocence.

Here is at timeline of the case....

Feb. 7, 2019: A trial date is set by Judge Jill Ayers for Nov. 18, 2019...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Army medic accused of raping and strangling his infant invited The Leaf-Chronicle to ask him questions. Here's what he had to say.

March 13, 2019

"Christopher Paul Conway, 24, is sitting in the Montgomery County Jail waiting on his day in court, charged with raping and murdering his 8-month-old daughter, Adeline, on Nov. 13, 2017.

While his family is trying to establish his innocence through a website, he reached out to The Leaf-Chronicle and agreed to answer questions by correspondence. Here is what he had to say...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all my outrage earlier, I am actually leaning towards believing him.

So...

Portions of the autopsy report state that no signs of obvious sexual assault were found.
Confession Questioned In Case Of Baby Death

According to an arrest warrant, she had injuries consistent with being raped.

Police: Army medic admits to raping, killing infant daughter; sister removed from home

Ok, going to get a little graphic here... Rape means penetration. If there was no penetration, the charge would be some variation of sexual assault and/or molestation. If a 9 month old infant was penetrated, even digitally, there should have been blood and obvious injury. If the penetration was... um. .. more than digitally, there would have been massive injuries. When children that young are raped, they have to undergo multiple surgeries to repair and reconstruct.

This isn't a case where there should be a question as to what injuries the child sustained.

I hope he has an excellent attorney.

Has this been discussed before and I just don't remember?

Chris Conway case: A baby dead. A father accused. A family shattered.

The wife filed for divorce. Paternal grandma hasn't seen the surviving twin. I found both of those pieces of information interesting.

Prosecution says they are aware of the website by Chris's brothers/family that proclaims his innocence. Still pressing forward.

Last edited:
WOW. @thepinkdragon

Anal fissures aren't a huge deal and can be from constipation issues. Penetration would cause far more than fissures.

I thought it was amazing that they could charge someone with raping a teenager without physical evidence. But a baby? Seriously? How is that possible? There should have been blood everywhere.

I'm not surprised that Mom filed for divorce and won't let his family see the surviving twin. In her shoes, whether I believed he was innocent or not... I'd do the same thing. I'd be afraid I'd lose my remaining child if I did not.

This is crazy.

It's been a while since I read about this case. I looked at the autopsy report.... I believe again. I don't understand why this man was ever accused of rape? The autopsy does not remotely sound like rape. How did they ever decide he raped her and to accuse him of it if that was the state of her body when found?

I remember when this case first broke I assumed he was guilty. I assumed he was guilty because I assumed there was NO WAY they would accuse him of rape if it wasn't clear the baby had been raped. It's still hard for me to fathom why they'd do that. But if that autopsy is correct it seems like a gross miscarriage of justice.

Has this been discussed before and I just don't remember?

Chris Conway case: A baby dead. A father accused. A family shattered.

The wife filed for divorce. Paternal grandma hasn't seen the surviving twin. I found both of those pieces of information interesting.

Prosecution says they are aware of the website by Chris's brothers/family that proclaims his innocence. Still pressing forward.

Thanks I had missed this article but have read the website by Christopher's family. I'm not sure what I think...I hope that he didn't do it, that it was a horrible accident and that he was pressured to falsely confess like Riley Fox's Dad was. I hope this because I so badly don't want to believe that this Dad who seemed to love his baby girls could have done this.

Asking again - can someone clarify the spelling of Adaline's name? On the "family" website they are spelling her name Adeline.

I'm having a hard time understanding that the same family defending the father cannot properly spell his child's name. If they are trying to make a convincing argument that the father is innocent then IMO they should have all the facts correct. Misspelling her name is a red flag to me. I'm not saying the documents aren't true or correct, I guess I'm asking which family members are behind the site? Also, it would be helpful if they published the entire autopsy report.

It's Adeline. The family has it right.
Websleuths and a handful of news articles have it wrong.

The cord was wrapped around her neck AND arm. She had no internal neck injuries. The ligature did not go completely around her neck. The helmet would likely have caught on the cord and made it tighter.

I have to admit this is quite compelling. I don't understand (besides the confession) what they used to charge him. I also don't understand WHERE they even came up with the allegation of rape to begin with.

Forensic Report

I avoided this thread at first and thought he was guilty straight away when I did glance at it.
this is the first time for me in all the cases I've followed on websleuths that I believe the accused DID NOT do the things he is accused.
I really hope the trial is transparent and if this man is innocent he is found not guilty.
if dog hairs were found in the babies labia and nappy but no form of DNA/hairs from dad that seems quite strange to begin with. Couple that with no sign of sexual assault, only fissures, which the mum had said straight away Adeline had been constipated latley, I'm struggling to see any proof LE does have.

I agree. It's not comfortable to be defending this guy. However, I've been here before.

I was 100% sure that Tommy Braden did not rape his little girl. He was arrested and charged and detained. Only after the defense finally got a DNA test done was he cleared and the real suspect arrested. His case is what got me interested in false allegations and wrongful convictions.

GUILTY - OK - Patrick Misner for raping 4yo girl, Sapulpa, 2012

I don't think this guy is guilty. I think this was negligence in leaving the cord where a baby could reach it. However, I think that's all that it is.

I thought we got the thread title of this changed?
It just said "Adeline Conway, 9 months died *arrest*"

Why have we added back in unproven and unfounded allegations? I don't understand.

Adeline Conway, 9 months old, died from a cord that was left too close to her crib. Beyond that, nothing has been proven. Perhaps "died suspiciously" would be an acceptable compromise for the thread title? Websleuths is better than putting horrific and unproven allegations in the thread title. We've seen what false arrests and accusations do to somebody. :(

It's Adeline. The family has it right.
Websleuths and a handful of news articles have it wrong.

The cord was wrapped around her neck AND arm. She had no internal neck injuries. The ligature did not go completely around her neck. The helmet would likely have caught on the cord and made it tighter.

I have to admit this is quite compelling. I don't understand (besides the confession) what they used to charge him. I also don't understand WHERE they even came up with the allegation of rape to begin with.

Forensic Report

I thought we got the thread title of this changed?
It just said "Adeline Conway, 9 months died *arrest*"

Why have we added back in unproven and unfounded allegations? I don't understand.

Adeline Conway, 9 months old, died from a cord that was left too close to her crib. Beyond that, nothing has been proven. Perhaps "died suspiciously" would be an acceptable compromise for the thread title? Websleuths is better than putting horrific and unproven allegations in the thread title. We've seen what false arrests and accusations do to somebody. :(

I don't think it was changed back, just never was changed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back