Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at the area online on google maps and there are possibilities of cameras around. You didn't see any though, in person?

jmo

I was looking at the light closest to Hatch specifically and there were none at that intersection that I could see. I am going to grab coffee this morning so I will look at other lights in the area to see if there any others potentially in that same area. There is also construction going on directly next to Hatch park, so maybe they've got cameras somewhere to monitor their work. Not sure if any are pointed the direction of Hatch however. Just another thought I had.

Thank you! I have been waiting for this info to be released! Her clothing could offer clues, and it may not... Right off the bat, it doesn’t tell a whole lot. But it also is really interesting to note that the info was withheld for so long. Why?

Mackenzie Lueck – SLCPD
I noticed her weight is now 145 and was 120 in previous places.

I was looking at the light closest to Hatch specifically and there were none at that intersection that I could see. I am going to grab coffee this morning so I will look at other lights in the area to see if there any others potentially in that same area. There is also construction going on directly next to Hatch park, so maybe they've got cameras somewhere to monitor their work. Not sure if any are pointed the direction of Hatch however. Just another thought I had.
Keep up with your coursework, too (if you're taking classes this summer). It's admirable to help a friend, but not to the determent of your own studies or work. (Yes, I am talking like a mom.)

jmo

Good morning!
Unfortunately, I think the person she met at the park is responsible for her disappearance. They lured her there with evil intent. It’s possible that she is being held captive, but I fear worse. Less likely, but slightly possible in my mind: this is drug related or suicide.

Some other random thoughts: All My Opinion Only.
-Her social media presence and comments from friends make her appear to be more together and worldly than she actually is. In reality, she is young and rather naive.
-She appears to have a lot of acquaintances, but does anyone really know her? Does she have that one person that knows her completely? That she shares everything with?
-I don’t think friends are covering for her in any way.
-The “she likes to date older men” is recent, (past few months) something she is exploring since the breakup with her boyfriend of a year. He does not appear to be that much “older”.
-Her phone records should give investigators a lot of info they need, but there is a strong possibility that she also had a burner phone that no one knows about.
-Law enforcement knows a lot more than they are letting on, and are careful with every word they use when speaking to the public. Their pleas to Kenzie to contact them, are just a ploy to put the perpetrator at ease.
-I wonder if there is something in her past, something emotional, that makes her particularly vulnerable.

I do agree with some of this. Kenzie is still very young. And there are some aspects and things that I believe she might be naive about. The thing about Kenzie is a lot of the time I think she sees things in their most positive light. Which can be dangerous, because I truly think she sees the best in people and expects the best in people. This could potentially be the case with her dating. She might not be thinking that any of the men she's dating could be potential dangers to her. But I do know Kenzie is not reckless. And the 3 a.m. meet up with a stranger seems reckless. Which is why I lean toward she at least somewhat knows this person or feels comfortable with them.

Way back somewhere, someone posted a map that shows just that. Home, I believe is west of the airport, park is north of the airport and maybe northeast of home, so the park is the opposite direction from her home.
Home is near Liberty Park. East of the airport.

Just going through this in my head this morning and trying to understand a little more. I'm going to preface this by saying I am in my late 50's and female.

I would never meet someone I had NEVER met before in a park at 3:00 am. NEVER. Even in my 20's that's just nothing something I would do for safety sake. I was never one to feel invincible.

I would meet someone I knew, had a relationship with, (even if it was on the newer side) under these "conditions". If this was a newer relationship and at this point everything is new and wonderful I most likely would be excited to meet up at that time in the morning. I would be very happy to see this person waiting for me.

Based on my own gut, I really don't think this was a meet up with someone she didn't know. Let's hope it is someone she knew and her phone and computer will be able to lead LE to whoever she was meeting.

MOO

I think most traffic cameras are still real time only. And poor quality I'm hoping for recording ones with good quality footage..
Yeah after I posted that I researched how long footage from those cameras is kept and think too much time may have passed already for video of that night to still be in their archives. However the local news just reported the cops do have some sort of surveillance footage of her so hopefully it leads to the driver of the vehicle that picked her up.

Yeah, we don't really know what the driver saw yet, except ML meeting someone she seemed happy to see, making contact with this person, and transferring her bag from Lyft to person's car. We haven't received a description of the person or the car yet - doesn't mean LE doesn't have that info, just not releasing it. Just like they didn't release the park location for days, have never released a description of her luggage.
It strikes me odd that the person in the waiting car didn't get out to help her move her luggage from the Lyft to their car, unless they didn't want to be seen.
I wonder how close the Lyft car was to the waiting car, close enough to see and give a description of the driver and/or license plate?
Wouldn't you think the Lyft driver would pull up next to or close to the waiting car, unless instructed not to, then why would she tell him not to?

Kenzie was casually dating so she wasn't afraid to meet up with "strangers" I guess you could call them off of dating apps/sites but that is pretty common for college kids and not at all out of the ordinary. But I doubt she would be willing to meet someone she didn't know at that hour of the evening. It does make me lean toward she already knows this person or thought she did.

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this right now, I can't imagine how hard it is but I do thank you for taking time of your day to post here.

Just a quick question -- is that park somewhat close to Kenzie's residence or is it a place that she frequents, even as just a recognizable midway point/meet up place? What I mean is, I used to find it confusing to give directions to my house so I would tell people to just go to the Walmart and I'd meet them and show them the way back to my house. Just wondering if anything like that was something she would potentially do.

Two questions that I still have...
1) Where did Kenzie's roommates and SLC friends think that she was from Monday until she was reported missing on Thursday? (Did she not tell them her travel plans? Did she have a history of disappearing for a few days?)
2) What was her emotional state when she left CA? (Obviously the funeral was a sad occasion. When I was her age, I found visits home and interactions with extended family to be sometimes very stressful.)

Hoping for some updates today.

I apologize if this has already been posted before, but I haven’t been able to find it when I’ve gone through each thread:

Which airport did she land at in SLC? Whereabout is her home located? I would like to triangulate the airport, Hatch Park, and area where she lived to get a better sense of the geography.

I.e., was the Park in the opposite direction from her home? Or was the Park a midway point between the airport and ML’s home?
SLC international. Park is 10 northeast of airport. ML lived almost directly east of airport. Park was entirely out of her way. Someone posted a map earlier with the three locations marked

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to WS and have been following these threads.

The first thing that comes to mind is that if she has a test the next day, maybe she met up with someone/some people that were going to have an all nighter study session. Possibly even give her back study materials/books or even give her a more streamlined list of study questions since she has such limited study time herself, having returned from dealing with a tragic loss. Makes me wonder if LE are questioning classmates. Forgive me if this theory has already been visited.

I hope they find this poor girl.

I totally agree with this! Someone mentioned a bartender or bouncer - 3am is pretty specific, especially since she spent a good deal of time at the airport before scheduling her Lyft. She wore leggings and a t-shirt, which to me signifies a level of comfort with whoever she was meeting. On the other hand, LE didn’t elaborate on whether or not the person she met actually got out of his/her car to help ML with her bag(s) and greet/hug her. If he/she didn’t, I feel like that maybe means they were acquainted but not close. I hope they release more information about the driver and his/her car very soon. This is all just moo.

She didn't spend that much time at the airport. Allowing for the plane setting up at the gate, deplaining, going to the bathroom, getting her bags, and requesting lift and waiting for pick up. Her arrival at Hatch park is just about right.

I think the meeting time is more about what time her plane landed than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998