Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell are they waiting? Seems there would be some urgency to release this.
Since all the major National Media has now picked up the story they have probably planned to hold one daily press conference each day for all of them so they can then spend the rest of their time and manpower totally focused on the investigation. Otherwise they would be dealing with media all day and there is now a freaking Army of media here.

Since all the major National Media has now picked up the story they have probably planned to hold one daily press conference each day for all of them so they can then spend the rest of their time and manpower totally focused on the investigation. Otherwise they would be dealing with media all day and there is now a freaking Army of media here.
They could release the video and hold a presser later, that's been done in other cases. Maybe that's all the update they have at the moment and are hoping for more by this afternoon? jmo

I was looking at the light closest to Hatch specifically and there were none at that intersection that I could see. I am going to grab coffee this morning so I will look at other lights in the area to see if there any others potentially in that same area. There is also construction going on directly next to Hatch park, so maybe they've got cameras somewhere to monitor their work. Not sure if any are pointed the direction of Hatch however. Just another thought I had.

Just a quick fact for eveyone: The cameras at Utah stoplights and on the freeway do NOT record. They are live view only.

Have to admit, my overall hunch is that ML was lured into something that was beyond what she would agree to - that the unknown person had nefarious intentions from the start. My hunch is that a tragic accident didn't happen, but a purposeful, harmful act.

I'm considering other options, too, but I'm thinking she was noticed by a stranger online and lured. If this were someone she knew, I don't think that person would harm her but would want to keep an arrangement with this beautiful young woman going. A stranger would be more willing to use her once, for something specific. Total speculation.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more. I could be way off base.

sadly these are my thoughts as well

ABC 4 News at 10pm did a story on a private investigator that found her profile on a dating website showing activity on her profile one day before she went missing.

SLC police: Please help in search for missing U student
My wife is going to find it odd if she looks into why I am searching LDS dating profiles.
I think I read on this forum about her being on a site like that maybe from the VI. Anyway, this is a good find. Thanks for the article.

We don't know if they have any cell phone data yet right? Subpoena's issued? If her cell was turned off or the battery died, her last location of the ping will be about all they can get if I understand how the pinging works from other cases. If it isn't the park, then could this lead to her location or at least where she may have been? I still wonder about her iphone and snapchat location services/text message locations, etc.

Just a quick fact for eveyone: The cameras at Utah stoplights and on the freeway do NOT record. They are live view only.
Its is very common now across the US for traffic cams, as well as dash/fender cams on police cars, garbage trucks etc.. to read and upload license plate#s as they pass by. I wonder if this is the case in Utah as well. In NYS almost all public vehicles in major metropolitan areas do this and most traffic cams.

I don't really have anything to add. Just some thoughts..

It doesn't surprise me she would meet up with someone that time of night because of what I have read here about college students these days. What does surprise me is the airport was only 10-ish minutes away. WHY didn't "mystery person" pick her up there???? It's not like they were an hour away and met mid-way.

It's likely she slept on the flight so she wasn't tired, she was more excited.

I'm leaning towards someone who was married/unavailable and this was a secret relationship, but someone she had seen before and was comfortable meeting in the park.

I'm with others, if not secret, they would have picked her up at the airport OR met somewhere else WITH LIGHTS. Convenience store, Walgreens, anywhere. They are on every corner!

She had luggage and clothes. So her not going right home doesn't surprise me. She probably did a load of laundry before she flew back home, she had clean clothes, makeup, hair stuff. My thoughts are she knew she would be spending a little bit of time with this person.

I am curious why she wasn't reported missing any earlier than she was. When she didn't come home the next day, did that not worry her roommates? Or did they know she was meeting someone? I can see her texting her friends to say she wasn't coming home....but then when she didn't show within a few days, they knew something was wrong.

I was leaning toward voluntary missing until:

Phone is turned off. She had just travelled, she had a charger cord with her surely! If not, easy to buy.

I could see her going off grid because of stress and the fun of being with whomever she's with for a FEW days. But missing her final AND not flying back home, those are huge red flags at this point.

I honestly don't know on this one. I'm 50/50 missing voluntarily and something happened. I lean more to something happened to her though. The voluntary is only because police aren't releasing what she was wearing, what bags she had.....I mean people watching dumpsters or sides of road for her luggage is a HUGE thing in her missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam