Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe the novababy96 insta profile is hers?

It certainly has some markers that would appear as though it is hers. She has it linked to her public page which makes me think so. It also makes me think Kenzie wasn't going to great lengths to "hide" another life/lifestyle. I can't confirm for sure.

Friend thinks MacKenzie Lueck is in danger after meeting person at Utah park
June 25th 2019

~snip

“I didn't know why she would go to a park or why anyone would pick her up from a park.”

At an afternoon news conference, Salt Lake City police said Lueck took a Lyft from Salt Lake International Airport to Hatch Park just off I-15 in North Salt Lake, got into a car with someone and drove off.

I'm thinking all kinds of things right now, I just don't understand it,” Stoner says.

Stoner has thought about the possibility Lueck met someone on a dating app adding:

If this was a one-time meetup I don't think she would just willingly get in a car at 2 a.m. in a park.”

And that makes Stoner think Lueck is in danger adding:

I think I will feel this way the entire time until I get a call from her or see her.”

Hmm now this makes me think this was a known person to her....JMO

Hello everyone! New member here, but I've read all three threads. I know Salt Lake City well. IMO ML met someone and they went north. To go from the airport, back to her home to get her vehicle and then head out, that would make sense if she was meeting someone east or south of where she lives. So I believe she went north or somewhere close in NSL.

It strikes me odd that the person in the waiting car didn't get out to help her move her luggage from the Lyft to their car, unless they didn't want to be seen.
I wonder how close the Lyft car was to the waiting car, close enough to see and give a description of the driver and/or license plate?
Wouldn't you think the Lyft driver would pull up next to or close to the waiting car, unless instructed not to, then why would she tell him not to?

We don't know that he didn't get out of car. Lyft driver reported ML and the person she met "made contact." That sounds to me like they hugged and I just assumed the person she met moved her bag over to his car. Could be wrong on all counts.

Are Kenzie's roommates the same friends that held the press conference? I wonder when was the last time she spoke to them.
When was her midterm?

Just random questions. I think we will get a vehicle/mystery person description today! At least I hope so.

June 25th 2019

~snip

“I didn't know why she would go to a park or why anyone would pick her up from a park.”

At an afternoon news conference, Salt Lake City police said Lueck took a Lyft from Salt Lake International Airport to Hatch Park just off I-15 in North Salt Lake, got into a car with someone and drove off.

I'm thinking all kinds of things right now, I just don't understand it,” Stoner says.

Stoner has thought about the possibility Lueck met someone on a dating app adding:

If this was a one-time meetup I don't think she would just willingly get in a car at 2 a.m. in a park.”

And that makes Stoner think Lueck is in danger adding:

I think I will feel this way the entire time until I get a call from her or see her.”

Not judging Kenzie but I think she was living two lives, jmo.

Are Kenzie's roommates the same friends that held the press conference? I wonder when was the last time she spoke to them.
When was her midterm?

Just random questions. I think we will get a vehicle/mystery person description today! At least I hope so.

No Kenzie's roommates didn't hold the press conference. The 2 who did are her sorority sisters.

Thank you. So Hatch park is like probably 10-15 minutes depending on the time of day from where she lives. There is some speculation that she has met up with one person she went on a date with at this park before - but it's not verified information with proof. Just one person's account. It stumps me a bit why she picked this park. It's not far from her, but it's still not in her city. I'm thinking maybe it was just a meet up place or a go between before their next destination.

Given that there are signs in the park regarding surveillance video, she may have thought that this park was a safe place to meet someone. That is, she might have assumed that if something went wrong, Lyft knew where she was dropped off and video could provide information about who she was with if needed.

It has to be an in-between location since she got out of the Lyft and got into another car right away. My impression is that she didn't want anyone to know where she lived, so she chose a spot that she thought was neutral and monitored. It looks like she didn't consider the possibility that she was also ensuring that the person she met would be difficult to identify - and that could be a problem.

And why wouldn't this mystery person simply drive to the airport to pick her up?

I have a few thoughts on this-

1- It was her idea to meet, it was a last minute arrangement, he needed time to get out of bed and throw something on, and she didn't want to bother him

2- Meeting this way allowed him to take her back to his house or Condo without a Lyft showing up for all his neighbors to see

3- He couldn't come to the airport because he is recognized there; like a police officer, security, employee

#1 would certainly explain why ML didn't have the mystery person pick her up at the airport. She texted her parents that she arrived so it would make sense she could have texted others, especially if she was seeing someone or involved with a man. As you said, he would have most likely been in bed, and she said she would meet the person. I also think it's possible she could have napped on the flight and maybe was more wired tired from her flight home and wasn't quite ready for bed so it might not seem weird to meet up with someone you were seeing after being away for several days. Great points!

It is interesting to me why he wouldn't go pick her up at the airport. These are some good theories. It does make me wonder if he knew the amount of cameras that are at the airport and that's why he wouldn't get her there. But it being a last minute thing, maybe he didn't have time to get all the way down there and she suggested let's just meet here instead.
Is she the type of person that wouldn’t want to ask someone to “go out of their way” to get her at the airport? Is she fiercely independent? Is she a cautious person or willing to take risks? Overly trusting/Naive?

If she was independent and careful, I wonder why she didn’t go home and get her own car before going to meet someone at 3:00 am. At least that would give her some control over the situation.

Again, yellowmoose, thank you for answering our questions. We really appreciate your posts.

We don't know that he didn't get out of car. Lyft driver reported ML and the person she met "made contact." That sounds to me like they hugged and I just assumed the person she met moved her bag over to his car. Could be wrong on all counts.
You are right and if it turns out to be like that, it is a lot of positive information for LE.
I wonder if the Lyft driver thought the drop off was strange enough that he paid extra attention to the car, license and driver and gave that information to LE.

It is interesting to me why he wouldn't go pick her up at the airport. These are some good theories. It does make me wonder if he knew the amount of cameras that are at the airport and that's why he wouldn't get her there. But it being a last minute thing, maybe he didn't have time to get all the way down there and she suggested let's just meet here instead.

Maybe it wasn't a last minute thing. Maybe it was a plan, and part of the plan was that it would be discreet such that they would not be seen together.

You are right and if it turns out to be like that, it is a lot of positive information for LE.
I wonder if the Lyft driver thought the drop off was strange enough that he paid extra attention to the car, license and driver and gave that information to LE.
I hope she explained to the driver why they were meeting at the park, hopefully she's a chatty kind of rider that shared a lot on that drive.

BBM
Yeah, we don't really know what the driver saw yet, except ML meeting someone she seemed happy to see, making contact with this person, and transferring her bag from Lyft to person's car. We haven't received a description of the person or the car yet - doesn't mean LE doesn't have that info, just not releasing it. Just like they didn't release the park location for days, have never released a description of her luggage.

LE does have that info. It has not been released yet:

"We have not yet confirmed the make and model of the car or the description of the person, but may release further details once we have verified that information,”

MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I think this case would be a teaching tool for 12 year olds on what not to do if you want to see your grandchildren get married some day. And websleuths should be required reading in order to graduate from high school anywhere in public school America. ( Instead of time wasted studying the main crop in coastal Argentina) I have become "aware" since joining this group and I think that absent my suggestion , our youth will " look at the bright side of everything" because of pure ignorance as well as a failed school system and put themselves a risk. IMO.

Reading Gavin de Becker's The Gift of Fear isn't a bad idea, either.

Is she the type of person that wouldn’t want to ask someone to “go out of their way” to get her at the airport? Is she fiercely independent? Is she a cautious person or willing to take risks? Overly trusting/Naive?

If she was independent and careful, I wonder why she didn’t go home and get her own car before going to meet someone at 3:00 am. At least that would give her some control over the situation.

Again, yellowmoose, thank you for answering our questions. We really appreciate your posts.

I've wondered about why she didn't ask someone to come get her. A lot of her friends live in the SLC area so it really wouldn't be out the way and I know plenty of people would have (myself included) gone to get her. My thoughts are either someone who was supposed to pick her up bailed, she didn't want to inconvenience her friends at 1 am, or she had planned to meet up this person anyway and knew she didn't need one. I think Kenzie tends to be overly trusting sometimes. She looks for the best in everyone and is very positive. I think this outlook applies to dating and she might not be as careful as one would hope. But I don't think she would be reckless enough to meet a stranger at a park at 3 a.m. I think it's someone she knows or feels comfortable with. But I know she likes to be independent and fiery as well. She is willing to take risks too. But I don't think she is reckless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23