Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
University statement about missing U student Mackenzie Lueck | @theU

The University of Utah is deeply concerned about the well-being of Mackenzie “Kenzie” Lueck and her family. The university is cooperating with the Salt Lake City Police Department, which is investigating her disappearance. Mackenzie is enrolled part-time as a senior at the U, and is majoring in kinesiology and pre-nursing and minoring in health. She has been enrolled at the U since fall 2014. Because of privacy laws that protect Mackenzie’s personal information, the university cannot provide further details.

{snip}

I don't believe it's a local. There is something very sudden and impromptu, about meeting at 3 AM in a park.
Nearby hotel. Someone she met at airport. That makes sense to me.
jmo..... Peace and love to u Kenzie ++++ Back tomorrow for the updates.

Phone or phone records? Link?

I don't believe they have her phone.

I believe they are trying to subpoena the records her phone carrier has. As she is not yet determined to be the victim of a crime, it may be a legal issue for LE to get someone's phone records without their permission if a crime has not been committed.

I see the First Amendment issues in this problem

That is seriously risky behavior.

If she was meeting a stranger, yeah for sure it's dangerous and risky (I don't think that's the case). If she's meeting someone she knew, I think she would be even less likely to let anyone know.

But this is a problem amongst all my girlfriends. They think I'm trying to "mom them" but SO many of them don't understand the dangers of just going on a date with a stranger without anyone knowing where/when/who. I can't get most of them to get it. So she's definitely not the only one who behaves this way.

A bartender...? imo
Last night I was considering the type of person who would be readily available to meet at 3am.

Today, I'm thinking in a completely new direction. I think this person planned to harm ML and therefore was up late because those were his specific plans. Or, he was up late trolling online and they hooked up while she was at the airport.

Either way, I think he is a perp who was looking for a victim and he got her to come to him. Doesn't matter what his job was- he was willing to be in the park at 3am.

Of course, I might change my mind again. I was pretty sure last night the guy was someone who got off work in the early morning hours. Before that, I thought it was a regular hook-up partner who just wanted to see her. Sometimes I wonder if it was a woman, not a man, who met her.

I don't have one set theory, but for now, I'm thinking it was a stranger who targeted her online and this was their first encounter.

I think she "trusted" him because other online encounters had gone well and she assumed this one would too.

Speculation only.

jmo

Anyone wondering why the detective didn't tell the meet up persons gender? He referred to him/her as "they". Why would he do that?

I was just going to double check this. Everyone is saying “him,” that she met up with a man, but we actually currently still don’t know that. I agree it’s the most likely possibility, but this could be a female. We simply don’t know yet and LE not saying is very interesting.

Ok, something that has bugged me from the start, so to speak.

From various posts, her residence to this park- I have seen from 12 minutes to 20 minutes away from her home? Is that correct?

I don't understand why she didn't go straight home, drop off her luggage, and drive herself to meet that person.

Of course, we can assume that this person was probably going to drop her off later on, or she thought so, at least.

Also, speaking of why she didn't go to her residence- why didn't this person pick her up at her residence instead, after she dropped off her luggage?

If she was meeting a stranger, yeah for sure it's dangerous and risky (I don't think that's the case). If she's meeting someone she knew, I think she would be even less likely to let anyone know.

But this is a problem amongst all my girlfriends. They think I'm trying to "mom them" but SO many of them don't understand the dangers of just going on a date with a stranger without anyone knowing where/when/who. I can't get most of them to get it. So she's definitely not the only one who behaves this way.
Hope your friends change going forward. There was I time I would leave a sealed envelope with a friend or family only to open for an emergency or I wasn't around for a while.

There are some precautions I wish she would take. I have girlfriends who go on dates and let me know where they are going, who they are seeing, and when they plan to be home. I never judge the situation, it's just a here's where I'll be, if something goes wrong at least somebody knows. I wish she would have done this. Friends in her circles (myself included) would not judge who she was going out with. We just want to preserve her safety. I wish she would have told somebody who/what/where/when so at least one person knew. But I don't recall a time where she has ever taken that precaution so it wouldn't make sense for her to start now. If she did I'm sure that person would have come forward.

Totally agree. It is so important to give someone in your life access to either your phone location via maps OR carrier login. My mom and sister have my AT&T account log in. It may seem crazy but we live in crazy times. If I go missing, there is no such thing as waiting for warrants to access my phone account. In an instant, they could see who I was communicating with. Phones go dead which means pinging to determination a location is only good for X amount of time. Can you imagine how much further this case would be if Kenzie's mom could log into whatever carrier she uses and see what #s she communicated with once she landed?

Anyone wondering why the detective didn't tell the meet up persons gender? He referred to him/her as "they". Why would he do that?

The Lyft driver may have been unsure of the gender of the person she met. Perhaps she referred to them as "a friend" and the driver didn't get a good look at the person?

JMO, but if the meet-up person was wearing baggy clothes and/or a baseball cap, for example, maybe the Lyft driver told LE "I'm pretty sure it was a man, but not 100%, because I didn't hear his/her voice," then maybe LE doesn't want to disclose info they can't confirm 100%. Seems like they have a similar situation with the meet-up driver's car (i.e., can't confirm make/model 100% yet).

Totally agree. It is so important to give someone in your life access to either your phone location via maps OR carrier login. My mom and sister have my AT&T account log in. It may seem crazy but we live in crazy times. If I go missing, there is no such thing as waiting for warrants to access my phone account. In an instant, they could see who I was communicating with. Phones go dead which means pinging to determination a location is only good for X amount of time. Can you imagine how much further this case would be if Kenzie's mom could log into whatever carrier she uses and see what #s she communicated with once she landed?

I totally agree. I am beginning to wonder although if she was communicating with people via apps like Kik or WhatsApp or something that would not show a number on her actual phone records. I have a lot of friends who do this. I don't know anything about the whole warrant process, but if this is the case I'm hoping they can access those too.

University statement about missing U student Mackenzie Lueck | @theU

The University of Utah is deeply concerned about the well-being of Mackenzie “Kenzie” Lueck and her family. The university is cooperating with the Salt Lake City Police Department, which is investigating her disappearance. Mackenzie is enrolled part-time as a senior at the U, and is majoring in kinesiology and pre-nursing and minoring in health. She has been enrolled at the U since fall 2014. Because of privacy laws that protect Mackenzie’s personal information, the university cannot provide further details.

{snip}

I believe I read she was to graduate soon? Would she be considered part time because that’s all the hours she had left? If not, why part time? Financial issues paying for full time?

I missed that, if they said they, surely it’s not more than one person in car? A couple? Maybe still keeping things close to vest until description is verified?

Posts going pretty fast so I’m skipping ahead lots - forgive me if this has been clarified. Was there verification made that she was involved in a sugar daddy/sugar baby style relationship or sold photos? I’ve saw it mentioned way back. Again my apologies but my day job keeps me pretty busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.