Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News interview with Kennedy Stoner (sorority sister).

Paraphrased:

Confused as to why she’d be meeting someone that late, especially at a park.

Doesn’t know anyone Kenzie knows who lives there.

Kenzie doesn’t travel often, but usually goes back home when she does.

Usually a vibrant outgoing person.

Grandmother’s death was very traumatic. She had texted her over the weekend offering support.

Kenzie didn’t text back, possibly because she was getting a lot of text messages saying the same thing.

She was on social media while she was away in California.

Doesn’t know about another cell phone.

She casually dates, but cannot confirm she was on dating apps.

Dodging question about other social media accounts. This wasn’t “I don’t know,” it was “I don’t want to say.”

Clear “yes” though, IMO

RBBM, what are you hinting at, MG? I seem to always feel like your viewpoints align with mine.

It's so easy to crack this case that I am shocked it hasn't been discovered or announced that the person she left with has been identified. All you have to do is get access to all of her social media accounts, find out all of the social media websites that her Email address(es) are linked to, get search warrants for all her phone records...All of her bank records and other digital payment records...Encrypted or not the C.I.A. has already been proven to have the ability to intercept WhatsApp messages no matter what you try and do. She has left her entire trace of all of her actions as a digital footprint. Look for anything linked to Google where she may have made what is known as a "burn number" meaning a fake phone number through Google that is infamous for use with SB/SD. Her meeting was all planned. Folks this is so easy to crack. Just need access to her private life which apparently has a pretty large expanse among many SM accounts, apps and what ever else. You'll be able to find exactly who she was chatting with to come pick her up at the park at 3 AM....I hope the LE are way ahead of all of us on this forum..
To get those search warrants there has to be probable cause that a crime has been committed. MOO

I think the friends know way more than they are saying. Girls in a sorority share everything, whether they set out to or not, and they are called “sisters” for a reason. They will have your back and keep your secrets like no other.

Now you know she probably had 5 girls offering to pick her up from the airport, having just come back from her grandparent’s funeral (alone and late at night). I’m guessing she turned them down, saying “no, really, XYZ is picking me up” or “I’m heading to meet up with XYZ after I land.” They were probably texting her all thru the night, making sure she was ok, she really had a ride, offering emotional support, etc.

And when she didn’t show up for a few days, they just thought she was still with XYZ but knew something was wrong after several days of no contact. That’s when parents were notified and LE came in. I don’t think we have the full story because they didn’t want to “out” her as to who she met with. And I’m sure they won’t “out” her about anything else, either, though they’re probably secretly panicking wondering whether they should or not. LE’s comments about her being voluntarily missing probably keep their mouths shut in case it turns out to be true. But if it doesn’t, their silence could be the difference between finding her or not. MOO

This seems like an incredibly possible idea!

Agreed, even could expand that to: Barback, Bouncer, Someone who does late night cleaning at an office building/bar.
Also could be someone in college possibly?
It could also be someone fairly well off with access to a private or company plane or helicopter. A helicopter could take off from just about anywhere there is a pad. ADSB and or MLAT data should be available and I may try to check this on flightaware if someone doesn't do it before I get the ability to do it. Several private craft hide their info on there but yeah, things flying around between 3am-5am would be of interest.

It’s strange that Hatch would be a good meeting place in this case. 1. It’s out of the way. 2. Parks are known to have cameras 3. Why not pick her up at her residence if you’re not planning something nefarious? Im thinking if something bad has happened to her, it had to be unplanned. Lyft driver can id. Parks have cameras. Certainly there’s communication somewhere on her phone with him. This guy is either a very unsophisticated offender or this was unplanned.

Still praying she’s safe and sound.

Having to retrieve checked luggage would take time...

1. It's not far from her residence. But it's the opposite direction of her residence from the airport.

2. We aren't sure. Luggage has not been discussed really by LE.

3. Yes, in typical college gal fashion it is not uncommon for her to be away/somewhere else/at a friend's for an evening. But I don't think anyone has ever gone more than a day without hearing something from her or seeing something on SM.

Things to keep in mind:

1. We don’t actually know if the person at the park has talked to LE at this time. It is possible they have (unlikely but possible).

2. While ML clearly had a large electronic footprint, like most of us, that does not mean this is easy to crack or that whoever she is with was on ANY of her platforms. She had lots of time to interact in real life without necessarily having them on her phone/internet. (Again unlikely but possible).

3. Not reporting her missing doesn’t seem that odd when you consider roommates coming and going, the shift from the normal term at school to summer term. Summers are unique for routine activities anyway- people function and operate differently in the summer months.

4. Everyone on WS is here because we have a common interest in helping, sleuthing, figuring out missing persons/cases. This makes us all feel like EVERYONE thinks how we do because on some level we share a common trait that makes us all alike (to a degree). We are a concentration if that trait. Just a reminder, we are a small minority and not how *most* people may function. So even if we think something is obvious or straightforward, that we wouldn’t do and don’t understand, perhaps it’s because we have this heightened awareness which is also why we are here to begin with.

That’s all for now. MOO. ;)

Unless maybe you dropped her off in front of her apartment and drove away. She never made it inside and you can't prove you did drop her off. For me that would be a hard call.
That would complicate this situation even more. If ML did get picked up by a person she trusted knew at the park but something happened to in the time since she was dropped off. Hopefully we hear more information about this car, or else I hope LE is hot on the trail and limiting information for that reason.

I'm curious. Is this how people are paying money owed to private individuals? If it is payments of some kind why not use online banking?
I work at a bank, and it's not that simple and easy if who you want to send money to banks at a different financial institution. Things like Venmo and PayPal make it a lot simpler because an individual person links their personal bank account to it, and people send money to that account. You can choose what you want to do with that money thereafter (like transferring it to your actual bank account).

Though from what I've seen in that Venmo activity, there is no raise for concern. The person the money was sent to also had similar transactions being sent. I agree with it being a way for them to assist with a bill payment.

(Also hi, I'm new!)

Phew, finally got myself through all three threads.

I don´t belive the guy she met had bad intentions initially, as he allowed the lyft driver to see his face/body and/or vehicle. The area also has surveillance cameras (although not functional). This would also imply that her phone was on (and can be traced?) for a period after they met. I belive the meet up point was selected based on privacy and/or conveniency reasons.

ML seems well liked, and I would assume she is good friends with her room mates. I think it´s weird they didn´t try to find out where she was earlier.

If she didn´t use a burner phone, this case should be solved in the near future.

I´m scared this case got its tragic ending long before police were even involved.

I don't know how to delete my post...help me - before I am "tossed"...thanks.

Go back to said post, click the EDIT button and delete said contents and then click SAVE.

There is a window of opportunity that will allow said edit.

Hope it helps!

Additionally, you’ll need to enter some new text so write “delete” or “dbm”.

There was an article this morning that had some comments from a private investigator. (Edit to say I found it). I think this is going to turn out to relevant.

Private investigator Rob Joseph says he is heeding the call of the police. He says he has found her profile on a dating website.

The site shows a 23-year-old kinesiology major from the University of Utah whose last activity on the site was one day before she disappeared.

“It appears she met somebody in the park in North Salt Lake, jumped in a vehicle, and has no longer been seen,” said Joseph.
SLC police: Please help in search for missing U student

Last edited:
It’s strange that Hatch would be a good meeting place in this case. 1. It’s out of the way. 2. Parks are known to have cameras 3. Why not pick her up at her residence if you’re not planning something nefarious? Im thinking if something bad has happened to her, it had to be unplanned. Lyft driver can id. Parks have cameras. Certainly there’s communication somewhere on her phone with him. This guy is either a very unsophisticated offender or this was unplanned.

Still praying she’s safe and sound.

Having to retrieve checked luggage would take time...
The park cameras do not work.

This seems like an incredibly possible idea!

I am hesitant with this perspective. I don't know a single friend of Kenzie's right now who isn't in a state of absolute despair and panic over this situation. It is clear to all of us at this point that this is out of character for her and most agree this was not voluntary. I don't think anyone of her sisters or friends would withhold information at this point in the investigation. The sorority bond is important. But Kenzie's life is more important. And I think there is a deep understanding of that at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong